More Bus Moves

sw4400

6 hours ago, Busjack said:

Anyone check run numbers? Looks like 130 was reassigned to 74h.

Which would be strange in a way, given last week Kedzie provided all the buses and they were all artics just about. 

6 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

1421 130: Museum Campus130 -204 K (Kedzie) via ctamaths22

1502 130: Museum Campus130 -203 K (Kedzie) via ctamaths22

Those aren't the run numbers, but it still seems to confirm that 130 hasn't been reassigned since maths22's tracker is still tied to CTA's API data in some way if I remember right. Something else internally is going on since there have been Kedzie buses popping up on obvious 74th Garage routes. Perhaps the bus operations divisions had to shake up the buses at the last minute among the garages to account for CTA providing buses to cover replacement service for the O'Hare ATS since these strange sightings this week on the bus routes coincide with CTA's providing buses to O'Hare.

11 hours ago, jajuan said:

Which would be strange in a way, given last week Kedzie provided all the buses and they were all artics just about. 

Those aren't the run numbers, but it still seems to confirm that 130 hasn't been reassigned since maths22's tracker is still tied to CTA's API data in some way if I remember right. Something else internally is going on since there have been Kedzie buses popping up on obvious 74th Garage routes. Perhaps the bus operations divisions had to shake up the buses at the last minute among the garages to account for CTA providing buses to cover replacement service for the O'Hare ATS since these strange sightings this week on the bus routes coincide with CTA's providing buses to O'Hare.

Idk cause every bus i saw on 130 was a 74th bus with 6??? as run numbers.

Idk cause every bus i saw on 130 was a 74th bus with 6??? as run numbers.

When I asked about run numbers, that was the kind of run number about which I was asking.

The numbers @maths22's program picked up are supposedly the pull out sequence, which would indicate that they pulled out of Kedzie, but maybe something strange is happening in the scheduling system.

The consistency of reports that they were 74th buses, as opposed to a bus here or there, is what made me question whether the route had been reassigned.

The other strange thing is that the tracker shows 1600s on Saturdays and Sundays, but 74th buses (including 8067) on weekdays, looking at 12:00 noon. We can bet 8067 isn't a loaner to K.

tracker.thumb.png.ab2882ac3a68f98e01f0b10446ec0f1f.png

On 6/8/2018 at 9:49 AM, Busjack said:

When I asked about run numbers, that was the kind of run number about which I was asking.

The numbers @maths22's program picked up are supposedly the pull out sequence, which would indicate that they pulled out of Kedzie, but maybe something strange is happening in the scheduling system.

The consistency of reports that they were 74th buses, as opposed to a bus here or there, is what made me question whether the route had been reassigned.

The other strange thing is that the tracker shows 1600s on Saturdays and Sundays, but 74th buses (including 8067) on weekdays, looking at 12:00 noon. We can bet 8067 isn't a loaner to K.

tracker.thumb.png.ab2882ac3a68f98e01f0b10446ec0f1f.png

The other monkey wrench is Art reporting in the surplus artic thread that he saw one on the 130 on Tuesday, and we all know 74th doesn't have those. Maybe they have K and 74th sharing. 

3 hours ago, Busjack said:

Another example of are these guys too dumb to figure out that CTA has high def cameras, or don't care? I guess if one is going to punch out an old lady, the latter.

I tend to think it's a combination of both but still leaning toward they simply don't care given how blatant they are in their criminal acts on CTA vehiles and property. 

14 minutes ago, jajuan said:

I tend to think it's a combination of both but still leaning toward they simply don't care given how blatant they are in their criminal acts on CTA vehiles and property. 

With the widespread use of  synthetic and laced marijuana , there's no  telling what people will do. It's a common scent on CTA Red, Green, and Blue Lines,especially  on the West and South Sides.  If people aren't  actually smoking on the trains (they are), they are smoking before they get on the trains. Their whole person, clothes, reek of it when they pass by you and  it lingers.  Weed never smelled  so bad.  It almost smells like a skunk. 

Couple drug use with alcohol or anger or mental issues and you have problems.

17 minutes ago, Busjack said:

...and apparently another reason the L is losing weekend ridership to Uber and Lytf.

Right people don't want to run into any of that when going to whatever social events that are happening in the city during summer weekends or to/from work if they work weekends.

5 hours ago, jajuan said:

The #130 must have been flipped to 74th after that initial week it returned to service for the summer. About two weeks or so with nothing but 74th buses seen on this route, CTA had to have reassigned from K to 74th. 

well why would the cta do this, kedzie is much closer and there's a freeway nearby. garage runs will take three times as long or so with this new change

13 hours ago, RJL6000 said:

In preparation for the North Shore changes, FG lost a few of its 1000s. 1379-1386 to C; 156?-1563 to K.

Since the CTA North Shore changes are not happening until the Sept. pick (per the Pace board meeting), that isn't it. Also,205 will be at most 4 buses.

Looks more like the annual buses to the beach.

8 hours ago, XE NewFlyer said:

well why would the cta do this, kedzie is much closer and there's a freeway nearby. garage runs will take three times as long or so with this new change

These days, those things have to do with where the staff and equipment are.

For instance, at one time 123 was a 74 route.

16 hours ago, jajuan said:

The #130 must have been flipped to 74th after that initial week it returned to service for the summer. About two weeks or so with nothing but 74th buses seen on this route, CTA had to have reassigned from K to 74th. 

I think they did reassign from Kedzie To 74  cuz this whole week and last week was nothing but 74th street buses running on 130 K Has 10 Museum Of S And I now

21 hours ago, jajuan said:

At least he made it easy for the police to make the connection to the surveillance pictures (Tribune).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

I think they did reassign from Kedzie To 74  cuz this whole week and last week was nothing but 74th street buses running on 130 K Has 10 Museum Of S And I now

But, as noted, not on the weekends. 1651, 1674, 1741, 1850 out there now.

1 hour ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

How do you know this 1562 is working Route 18 today 

1561 was on the 60 earlier today. 1561 and 1563 were on the 82 yesterday.

That still leaves the whereabouts of 1560, 1799 and 1800 unknown: None of those three buses were on any route this weekend. 1559, 1746, 1763 and the 1753-1761 group are still at FG.

27 minutes ago, RJL6000 said:

1561 was on the 60 earlier today. 1561 and 1563 were on the 82 yesterday.

That still leaves the whereabouts of 1560, 1799 and 1800 unknown: None of those three buses were on any route this weekend. 1559, 1746, 1763 and the 1753-1761 group are still at FG.

1562 is my favorite bus along with 1000 it’s sad to see 1562 leave FG we will just have to wait and see the whereabouts for the rest toma morning 

• Like 1