More Bus Moves

sw4400

26 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

We don’t have the 17xx or 18xx now

Ik for a fact that FG had some #1700s a little while ago for sure before they sent more buses to FG from other garages to cover the spot where the #6400s left off again when they were pulled from service I believe. Anyways last year when the pandemic first hit after moving a lot of buses around I remember seeing #1872 on a FG route, it was originally from NP.

8 minutes ago, NovaBusFan said:

Ik for a fact that FG had some #1700s a little while ago for sure before they sent more buses to FG from other garages to cover the spot where the #6400s left off again when they were pulled from service I believe. Anyways last year when the pandemic first hit after moving a lot of buses around I remember seeing #1872 on a FG route, it was originally from NP.

Ye that was earlier in the covid pandemic but FG lost them and RIP 1753. They probably never had 20xx allisons ever

47 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Ye that was earlier in the covid pandemic but FG lost them and RIP 1753. They probably never had 20xx allisons ever

no the 2000’s went to C ever since they were delivered never moved since then and yea we had 1753-1761 1790-1803 a while back but they back at K and NP now but thank god we got 1930-1935 why RIP 1753? what happen to it

4 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

no the 2000’s went to C ever since they were delivered never moved since then and yea we had 1753-1761 1790-1803 a while back but they back at K and NP now but thank god we got 1930-1935 why RIP 1753? what happen to it

i think 1753 was in a crash but yea the 200's been at C since brand new 

9 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

So far I've counted at 22-23 #4000s left at 77th not counting the ones we had that are oos along the south fence on 79th. 17 were active today while the rest were receiving maintenance. I can only estimate at this point that we roughly have in total at least 25-30 #4000s left. Now will the rest get shipped off before this weekend? That has yet to be seen but I think they're here to stay until the next pick barring something major happens regarding Delta. I'm still in shock that the remaining #6400s at 74th,Chicago and Kedzie haven't been prepped to stay in running condition up to this point. I know that they're a last resort for spares and all but at least keep them active enough to be used worse case scenario. If not just send them to SS and send them off into retirement like the rest of the buses we received. 

What’s saving kedzie probably is the fact that they lost the need for 30 artics with reductions on Lasalle, water tower and its express runs but not the artics themselves so there’s probably not really a need to break out the novas quite yet. Chicago seems peak heavy even if not in the way 103rd or NP is; I know one weekends there service levels are low enough to be able to run all 8100s and let the flyers rest before covid bought artics back 

23 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

My memory’s off.... where was 4046-4048 last pick? There on 26 right now I don’t remember seeing them recently enough to remember if they were in the 4014-4040’s range that 77ths been holding cause 103rd’s assignments became sporadic number wise 

4045-4048 moved to 103rd when the summer pick started.

On 8/31/2021 at 6:36 AM, Sam92 said:

What’s saving kedzie probably is the fact that they lost the need for 30 artics with reductions on Lasalle, water tower and its express runs but not the artics themselves so there’s probably not really a need to break out the novas quite yet. Chicago seems peak heavy even if not in the way 103rd or NP is; I know one weekends there service levels are low enough to be able to run all 8100s and let the flyers rest before covid bought artics back 

I see, every now and then I'll see some artics on the 120s,125 and 143 but not often though. 103rd seems to keep getting sent equipment every week which making me wonder how much of a spare ratio do they now have after all the movement we've seen? 

3 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

I see, every now and then I'll see some artics on the 120s,125 and 143 but not often though. 103rd seems to keep getting sent equipment every week which making me wonder how much of a spare ratio do they now have after all the movement we've seen? 

Well technically the last 10 artics Chicago still has is enough to bring 6 and 26 back to fully artic runs. And as far as 125, and 143 those used to be All artic as they came from LaSalle runs (which is still using 40ft and 10 min frequencys vs the prepademic 2-3 min all artic headways) but still use 40ft as a result of the main run  blocks they are intertlined with  staying reduced hence why 77th still has those 30 K artics