More Bus Moves

sw4400

2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

So how are the bus exteriors washed?  re people using brushes  or push begins ti wash?  Are the buses driven through a wash rack?  Do they use portable machines to wash the buses?  

It's a rack & you have guys that throw soap on the bus & scrub the rims 

10 minutes ago, Busjack said:

official statement

I thought CTA said that due to COVID, they had to do a thorough cleaning of the interiors. The only official statement I found was "Extensive cleaning—buses, trains and stations cleaned multiple times each day."  Not the same as "deep cleaning" or the usual b.s.?

The inside do get cleaned after every run & it also get a deep cleaning when it shows up in the system but after every run the inside is set mopped & disinfected

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

official statement

I thought CTA said that due to COVID, they had to do a thorough cleaning of the interiors. The only official statement I found was "Extensive cleaning—buses, trains and stations cleaned multiple times each day."  Not the same as "deep cleaning" or the usual b.s.?

After the reigns were released on the public in relations to covid things have gone back to normal. A majority of buses exteriors washed everyday depending the current state of it. The general interior cleaning happens usually after the PM rush for a majority of buses but it takes a while for the entire fleet to get it done for the entire week but that's what I've witnessed at 77th, I'm not entirely sure the rest of the garages are the same in that regard.

Just now, artthouwill said:

So if it's a rack then how is it possible for buses at the garage to not get washed ( cold temps aside)?

It depends on the situation at that time, if the temperatures for the entire are below freezing the buses won't get washed going into the next work day. Consecutive days of below freezing temps will prevent buses from getting washed. Overnight lows between maybe 30- 40 degrees normally don't prevent buses from getting washed. 

3 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

It depends on the situation at that time, if the temperatures for the entire are below freezing the buses won't get washed going into the next work day. Consecutive days of below freezing temps will prevent buses from getting washed. Overnight lows between maybe 30- 40 degrees normally don't prevent buses from getting washed. 

I did say Temps aside. So that part is understandable.   But recently we had Temps well above freezing and based on what @Shannoncvpi was saying, certain dirty buses were bypassed for washing, seemingly on purpose.   I was trying to understand how that's even possible?

34 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I did say Temps aside. So that part is understandable.   But recently we had Temps well above freezing and based on what @Shannoncvpi was saying, certain dirty buses were bypassed for washing, seemingly on purpose.   I was trying to understand how that's even possible?

Just the outside but the insides of every bus gets cleaned every day when you see buses that come out & they are dirty they didn't get washed but the insides gets cleaned

57 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Usually that shouldn't happen but every garage mat do things differently. I've seen dirty buses go a few day without getting washed but that was usually due to it either getting maintenance done or the tume of day it was pulled into the garage when maintenance isnt there during a shift change per say. I highly doubt garage foremans are just letting buses stay dirty just for the sake of them being dirty. 

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

So if it's a rack then how is it possible for buses at the garage to not get washed ( cold temps aside)?

Idk hell it's no my buses so Idc wether they get washed or not I'm still gone get a bus to do my runs & still gone get paid if the the bus clean or dirty long as the inside is clean I'm good & they clean the inside  everyday after every run 

4 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Usually that shouldn't happen but every garage mat do things differently. I've seen dirty buses go a few day without getting washed but that was usually due to it either getting maintenance done or the tume of day it was pulled into the garage when maintenance isnt there during a shift change per say. I highly doubt garage foremans are just letting buses stay dirty just for the sake of them being dirty. 

But they won't let the inside stay dirty all of them get cleaned on the inside swept mopped & disinfected that's not getting by all buses get those 

1 minute ago, Rhys Pate said:

Since a lot of the lower 8300s are now at 103rd (8300-8321), is this because of 103rd’s articulated bus shortage? Speaking of the 4000s, according to Maths 22, there are no 4000s in the block from 4160-4195 running (36 buses) right now.

O think its more related to 103rd transitioning from the older 40 ft New Flyers to Nova 40ft buses.   There are enough artics in the system to transfer some to 103rd if needed.

On 2/27/2023 at 12:32 PM, YoungBusLover said:

No problem, the #4000s are in a odd position right now especially since the #4300s are going to be rehabbed. It makes me wonder how many CTA really would keep around for the foreseeable future. Outside of the major summer events this year with LALA,NASCAR and Taste of Chicago the current amount of artics running wouldn't be able to handle the increased capacity for those events. I hope that the at least 80 out 107 of the artics are running by then because the lower #1000s are running on pins and needle at this point doing the heavy duty work of what use to be ran solely by artics. NP runs the most aartics out of any artic based garage and the non hybrid #4300s have barely shown signs of wear and tear compared to the #4000s and hybrid #4300s.

It sounds like that the older 1000s really should be retired (a lot of these buses are at 103rd) and they are not in good condition.

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

O think its more related to 103rd transitioning from the older 40 ft New Flyers to Nova 40ft buses.   There are enough artics in the system to transfer some to 103rd if needed.

The thing is no 1000s let alone any 1100s have popped up in mass at SS or the boneyard and a majority are still running. The artics out of 103rd haven't been running at all. A good portion are out of serivce still. What is confusing to me is slowly but surely FG is chipping away at its remaining New Flyer fleet it appears they're getting another round of 8350s shipped out there. NP and K have received buses from the Glen in the past several weeks.

14 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

The thing is no 1000s let alone any 1100s have popped up in mass at SS or the boneyard and a majority are still running. The artics out of 103rd haven't been running at all. A good portion are out of serivce still. What is confusing to me is slowly but surely FG is chipping away at its remaining New Flyer fleet it appears they're getting another round of 8350s shipped out there. NP and K have received buses from the Glen in the past several weeks.

north park took 1507 1510 1515 1522 1523 1538 and 1540 FG kept 1505 1512 1514 1518 1521 1528 1537 and 1543 and gained 1552-1557 back from P 

2 hours ago, Rhys Pate said:

Also, 4197 is on the 62 (it seems odd that there is an articulated bus running on the 62).

A K bus (not a 74th one), and undoubtedly a school trip.Also, the block number  indicates that it is interlined with 143. In fact, that's where it next turned up on the tracker.

image.thumb.png.a8bff21adc7faececa6706e98bd69a0d.png