More Bus Moves

sw4400

On 2/26/2023 at 2:42 PM, Rhys Pate said:

Thank you. I am suspicious that these buses have been retired before the rest of the 4000-series because these buses might have issues. For the 5 buses that you added data for, was 103rd the last garage that ran those buses (4174-4176 and 4184-4185)?

Yes they were all 103rd buses when last operated.

Why have C and 7 been giving up a lot of their 7900s? FG has most of the lower 8200s that were at C and 8100s are popping up at K and 6. K and 3 have handfuls of 7900s from 7, are they making room for 8350s? I’m thinking FG, 3, 7 and C are getting the 8350s next or maybe even 6 since their worn out 1000s are being sent out. 

11 minutes ago, Javi75 said:

Why have C and 7 been giving up a lot of their 7900s? FG has most of the lower 8200s that were at C and 8100s are popping up at K and 6. K and 3 have handfuls of 7900s from 7, are they making room for 8350s? I’m thinking FG, 3, 7 and C are getting the 8350s next or maybe even 6 since their worn out 1000s are being sent out. 

from what was said 103rd and 77th or Chicago are slated to get the 8450’s but…..nothing confirmed yet

46 minutes ago, Javi75 said:

The only two garages that should be making room for new equipment is 103rd and FG. Seeing as FG is almost entirely a Nova dominant garage its fair to say that sending 103rd some newer equipment aka the #8300s while they're dealing with an artic shortage seems to be the move right now. As far as 74th, 77th and C are concerned I have no idea why the #1400s have been getting bounced around other than maintenance and mileage swapping but even with that  as my assumption I'm still puzzled.

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

The only two garages that should be making room for new equipment is 103rd and FG. Seeing as FG is almost entirely a Nova dominant garage its fair to say that sending 103rd some newer equipment aka the #8300s while they're dealing with an artic shortage seems to be the move right now. As far as 74th, 77th and C are concerned I have no idea why the #1400s have been getting bounced around other than maintenance and mileage swapping but even with that  as my assumption I'm still puzzled.

FG’s rumored to become an all flyer garage wit north park……it’s not confirmed but the direction things are heading towards it might be true 

2 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said:

FG’s rumored to become an all flyer garage wit north park……it’s not confirmed but the direction things are heading towards it might be true 

Not likely, since it has about 150 Novas. Since there aren't any contracts with NF, that would mean moving 150 pieces of junk there.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said:

After everything that has gone on since 2020 I highly doubt garage management at FG would allow that anymore. They've slowly gotten rid of any elderly #1000s they have left and now have decreased there entire fleet average age by several years in the process. As I've stated before in my opinion 77th should trade away some of its #7900s to 103rd to give them some down time while taking the rest of its #1000s to start retiring them in the near future. If not then at least take away the junk #1000s from 103rd in exchange for #7900s. The #8000s are not to far behind as far as needing a break as well. Mileage swapping is due for some but not all of the #7900s/#8000s.

9 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said:

i’ll definitely give you credit on the 150 pieces of junk the novas are TRASHHHH?

No I meant 150 pieces of NF that should by then have gone to the Sims shredder. Your last comment shows that your garage gossip prediction lacks credibility.