Pace Roster

BusHunter

1 hour ago, rotjohns said:

I'm just now looking at this:  In the picture with the old MCIs, there's what appears to be a 2005 Nabi on the junk line all the way to the far right next to 6907.  

Pace831, did you happen to catch this and determine what bus this is?  

I did take several more pictures that I didn't post. Hopefully one of them shows the number. I can't check right now but I'll let you know tomorrow night.

15 hours ago, rotjohns said:

I'm just now looking at this:  In the picture with the old MCIs, there's what appears to be a 2005 Nabi on the junk line all the way to the far right next to 6907.

The 2017 budget has 59, and the inventory, while not listing anything at South-2, does not have 6312 listed.

On 7/30/2017 at 9:52 PM, rotjohns said:

Pace831, did you happen to catch this and determine what bus this is?  

On 7/28/2017 at 0:07 AM, Pace831 said:

As predicted, I didn't see what "1944" was. There were four of the Schaumburg trolleys visible:

DSCF2255.thumb.JPG.c524b005a97a5e6a94fa371ef4faaebb.JPG

Quite a few NABIs mixed in with everything else:

DSCF2258.thumb.JPG.70c4849699270e613e832bd26d621a49.JPG

There were 15 paratransits in the first row:

DSCF2259.thumb.JPG.991cc1052932a723542fa53817d99b27.JPG

Old MCI 6900s:

DSCF2268.thumb.JPG.69823d446cbb7ebad78c40fec5fa27c6.JPG

DSCF2271.thumb.JPG.cf53ff1c9499b8ec628ba655b0eb528f.JPG

The former route 895 buses:

DSCF2275.thumb.JPG.1d5332b4cc022ac871b7dbbe68fc0a7a.JPG

Hey Pace831, where is this junk lot? Looks like you are getting pretty close to the equipment. I seem to be bit confused here. Is it Markham? You mentioned that next we go to South Holland. That's Pace acceptance right? Markham would be South right? Why would South have a junk lot, wouldn't that be at Pace acceptance? Maybe a googlemaps link might help me. o.O (scratching my head)

14 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Hey Pace831, where is this junk lot

It's west of the Pace South garage on 163rd Place west of Dixie Hwy in Markham. No way South Holland could hold all that junk. About here on Google Maps.

More junk is shown on the map now than when I last posted the link, but not as much as @Pace831 now depicts.

5 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Hey Pace831, where is this junk lot? Looks like you are getting pretty close to the equipment. I seem to be bit confused here. Is it Markham? You mentioned that next we go to South Holland. That's Pace acceptance right? Markham would be South right? Why would South have a junk lot, wouldn't that be at Pace acceptance? Maybe a googlemaps link might help me. o.O (scratching my head)

As Busjack noted, the junk lot is just to the west of South division garage. This is what is listed as "South 2" in Andre's inventory. Pace acceptance in South Holland doesn't even come close to having enough room to store all the junk buses.

The pictures are taken through a chain link fence with a zoom lens. The fence is probably about 125 feet from the first row of buses.

On 7/13/2017 at 5:57 PM, BusHunter said:

Yeah i know i saw one on #330. So wth, west has nothing new? They must be retiring nabis out of South then. So the nabis are worse than the orions, cause thats what they are saying. 

I was hoping that they'll retire more NABIs from South rather than retire all rest of the Orions from NW.  So I do Agree that NABIs break down way more than Orions.  Every time I drive through the South Suburbs, I always see an Broken down NABI.  Since about a Month now, there are not many of NABIs (South) are out on Sundays.  And I bet that most of retired Orions sitting at Junk yard still do got some life left on them and still pretty decent shape.  I miss #6111 and #6086 were my favorite from SW.  

35 minutes ago, qwantae said:

How old were the Eldo Cutaways 5100 series?   They still don't look old to me.  

If you mean the 5727s in the photo, they are 2010 models according to CPTDB. They ran on route 895 until SW took over in November 2014. Since the wraps were removed, they were probably used somewhere else after that, as opposed to the 1950 series.

58 minutes ago, qwantae said:

How old were the Eldo Cutaways 5100 series?   They still don't look old to me.  

For the correct answer, look at the Pace Inventory under South Lot 2, which shows what was in the lot as of January, 2017. It has fleet numbers, and indicates that they are 2008-2010. The FTA service life is 5 years, and I assume that a bunch were retired when the 14xxxxs and 160xxs arrived.

They basically don't look old because they have composite skins and don't have the yellow stripes that looked bad on the 4000s.

4 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Funnt.  I thought the 270 was going to be the Pulse rOute but every time I look up, I see these buses  on the 250. Today I saw 6511 AND  6521 on he 250.

250 is supposed to be the second Pulse route. The announcement for the farcical North Shore open house also said that the Dempster Pulse plans will be unveiled.