Pace Roster

BusHunter

3 hours ago, chitowndude84 said:

No, I made a error commenting on that list. I was surprised and mistook 1941-1947 for EX-Niles Free bus Chance RT-52's but then remembered they were scrapped long ago.

Nothing to do with you Busjack 

Thanks.

As was established with the last couple of lists, just as the Downers Grove 0001-0005 became 1951s, the Schaumburg Trolleys, while No. 1-7, apparently got asset numbers 1941-1947. The tipoff was the AH in the  model  number, which stands for American Heritage.

The similarity (and what sent you in that direction), is that small stuff for municipalities (such as the RT52s) were in the 1900s.

• 1 month later...

In August, Google Maps toured around the West garage. First, I saw old NABI buses and 3/4 of them are pretty much gone. 6666, 6672, 6210, 6252 were in that area. (SW side) 6210 is still active which is pretty surprising and this evening (1/2/19) it is on the 317. Next, closer to the SE side, I saw 6363 near the door missing some rear lights on the left side and on the front windshield, it had a STOP Do Not Use paper on it. I am assuming it is retired because of the paper and the missing lights. It is probably the first Axess retired if I am guessing correctly. Thankfully I got to ride that in 2017 but with a non-operational rear door. Also on August 4, I saw 6363 at the touch a truck event in N. Riverside doing the 322. Now, on the E side, there were 5 MIA buses sitting (4/5 of them are right now not MIA, but 6324 is MIA). They are 6320 (I might have incorrectly assumed that for 6280), 6559, 6291 (I thought that was gone until it came back in October, 6295 might be retired as it was not resting there at the time as that bus was MIA for a long time as well), 6288, and 6324. I checked the other garages on Google Maps but there was no car that went through the garages.

15 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

. I am assuming it is retired because of the paper and the missing lights. It is probably the first Axess retired if I am guessing correctly.

In addition to what @andrethebusman said, historical practice has shown that if a bus, such as 6047 or 6173, is permanently out of service, it would be in the lot at South Holland or Markham South Lot 2, not taking up room in the garage. Also, those sat there for many years, and were not officially retired until their FTA service lives were over. As he pointed out, it is more likely that the garage mechanics are working on it for some reason.

Although the CTA NABIs were retired early, then CTA President Rich Rodriguez had to do it, not some commenter.

15 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

n August, Google Maps toured around the West garage.

...and you didn't even provide a link to that.

2 hours ago, busfan2847 said:

Just go to Pace West on Google maps and you can travel round the outside of the depot.

Try:

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.8956508,-87.8776636,3a,75y,103.45t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1st1w522nnplxvGj2Us0ejvA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Well, the only buses there now are 4 wrapped NABIs.

22 hours ago, Busjack said:

Well, the only buses there now are 4 wrapped NABIs.

You have to move around the depot by clicking on the arrow that appear if you hover the mouse in the bottom 1/3rd of the image. All the buses he mentioned are visible .

At the bottom right it clearly states the images were taken in Aug 2018. They are not live.

1 hour ago, busfan2847 said:

You have to move around the depot by clicking on the arrow that appear if you hover the mouse in the bottom 1/3rd of the image. All the buses he mentioned are visible .

At the bottom right it clearly states the images were taken in Aug 2018. They are not live.

6210 is alive.

1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Also, 6227, 6257, 6263, 6269, 6270, 6276, 6292, 6298, 6301, 6307, and 6317 were active in the last few weeks too.

Ok it's updated. I moved all the inactive buses to it's own section of the west roster as not to confuse what's running and what's not

3 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

The following NABI buses have not been seen since the week of June 5: 6235 6272 6275 6284 6287 6293.

The following NABI buses have been seen this week that are not on the roster of the first page: 6300 and 6304.

20439 also entered service this week.

updated

I got some changes for the roster. The first change is that 20438 has not entered service yet, so there should be only 38 XD40's in service. The following Eldorado National Axess BRT buses are at West and are not on the roster at West: 6477, 6558, 6734, 6735. 2002 NABI 40-LFW bus 6224 has not been in service since June 5. 6272 has returned to service this morning. 6227 and 6301 have not been out since the week of June 8.

3 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

I got some changes for the roster. The first change is that 20438 has not entered service yet, so there should be only 38 XD40's in service. The following Eldorado National Axess BRT buses are at West and are not on the roster at West: 6477, 6558, 6734, 6735. 2002 NABI 40-LFW bus 6224 has not been in service since June 5. 6272 has returned to service this morning. 6227 and 6301 have not been out since the week of June 8.

6277 was not seen since the week of June 8 too.

Instead of updating all of these changes, wouldn't it make sense to just follow Pace Tracker or physical human eyes and go that route?  Seems like there's too many inconsistencies to keep all the buses current.  Whatever is out per the tracker, that's what you go by until we have concrete confirmation that buses are retired.  That's how it was done with the Orions a few years ago, matter of fact there used to be someone on here that would provide the official roster sheet, but I'm guessing that person is no longer active on here.  

So looking at BusTracker at this moment, there are no 2003 NABIs out (as of 1:17 pm) at West.  Since Pace is mostly on a Saturday or Sunday schedule, I doubt too many more buses will be out today.

There's only a handful of 2006 NABIs out in service.  Truthfully, I'm a little surprised they are even out because there's not many 6323s out today either.  Today is being dominated by NFs. 

Since NFs are up to 20444 right now, I have a feeling some of the 6323s are getting some much needed refreshes.  They've been used a lot since the Orions were taken out a few years ago.   

5 hours ago, rotjohns said:

So passed by First Student Westmont today and all of the El Dorado 30 footers are gone. These are the feeder route buses. Anybody know something? 

Good question.  Feeder service is suspended so Westmobt doesn't need the buses right now.  I don't know where those buses are being stored. 

We still don't have a timeline for the arrival of the new EZ Riders 

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone seen 6558 lately? That bus hasn't been on the tracker for at least 3 months and the last time I saw 6477 (ghost bus for about a year now) was on July 11. Both buses were owned by West when I last saw them.

Update: I found 6558 on the tracker at SW on September 18 doing the 385. 6477 may still be a ghost bus and back at NW.

On 8/3/2020 at 8:40 PM, rotjohns said:

So passed by First Student Westmont today and all of the El Dorado 30 footers are gone. These are the feeder route buses. Anybody know something? 

So what's this about on Pace paratransits it says it is run by first transit. Pace doesnt run it's own paratransits? Saw one heading into Loyola hospital out in Maywood. Also I've been seeing for a month now #322's serving Loyola via 1st Avenue. Is this some new service? Also spotted a #331 out by lagrange and Harding. That's north of Ogden two lights. Looks like it is trying to replace what was left of the #304 cause its serving Lagrange Metra.