Pace Roster

BusHunter

17 hours ago, artthouwill said:

So will the 6700s displace the 6000s?

I'm no insider, but I'd be willing to bet that the remaining Orions and many of the 03 Nabis will be replaced by the 6700s and more 17500s within the next month.  That'll mean some of the 40 foot El Dorados will have to head to NW to finish off the 7-8 Orions up there (unless more 2600s go up there, which is also possible).  The only question is where the 6700s will officially go?  West is the likeliest destination and with some 05 Nabis heading back to West now from South, that'll cut into the 03 Nabis that are over there also.

14 hours ago, rotjohns said:

I'm no insider, but I'd be willing to bet that the remaining Orions and many of the 03 Nabis will be replaced by the 6700s and more 17500s within the next month.  That'll mean some of the 40 foot El Dorados will have to head to NW to finish off the 7-8 Orions up there (unless more 2600s go up there, which is also possible).  The only question is where the 6700s will officially go?  West is the likeliest destination and with some 05 Nabis heading back to West now from South, that'll cut into the 03 Nabis that are over there also.

The only thing that is illogical about that is if West is getting more Axess, why wouldn't the #6262's go to North instead of West from South. North is getting something if all the old "03 Nabi's are going bye bye. It's either the #6262's or Axess. It might be dirty but they could always send North the #6323's. It just seems unfair one garage gets two blocks of new Axess'.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

The only thing that is illogical about that is if West is getting more Axess, why wouldn't the #6262's go to North instead of West from South. North is getting something if all the old "03 Nabi's are going bye bye. It's either the #6262's or Axess. It might be dirty but they could always send North the #6323's. It just seems unfair one garage gets two blocks of new Axess'.

If nothing else, W has to get rid of Orions and some white NABIs.. Also, while N has some 40 ft. buses,the main need is 35 ft ones. If there is any  argument, it would be NS.

Also, as the Orions that are still here demonstrate, there is a history of old buses being shuffled multiple times in their last days.

3 hours ago, Busjack said:

If nothing else, W has to get rid of Orions and some white NABIs.. Also, while N has some 40 ft. buses,the main need is 35 ft ones. If there is any  argument, it would be NS.

Also, as the Orions that are still here demonstrate, there is a history of old buses being shuffled multiple times in their last days.

That brings up an interesting scenario in that the 35' buses that N nerds are also slated for  retirement.   I haven't seen  any RFPs for35' buses. At some point,  those  buses have to be  replaced and I don't know if  the 2600s would  suffice (I think not).  I don't know  how many  trolleys  Pace ordered  from Eldorado,  but  if there  are any options  at all (which I doubt but I don't know) perhaps  that could  turn  into 35' transits.

6 hours ago, artthouwill said:

That brings up an interesting scenario in that the 35' buses that N nerds are also slated for  retirement.   I haven't seen  any RFPs for35' buses. At some point,  those  buses have to be  replaced and I don't know if  the 2600s would  suffice (I think not).  I don't know  how many  trolleys  Pace ordered  from Eldorado,  but  if there  are any options  at all (which I doubt but I don't know) perhaps  that could  turn  into 35' transits.

No, there haven't been any solicitations for that or the small buses even though they were in the 2017 budget, so it doesn't seem like Pace can get anything like that before 2019. Also, the trolley contract was for 7 trolleys and that's it--it wasn't an existing contract like the ones for express buses to put in different seats and windows into an otherwise standard Axess. The trolleys cost as much as a 40 foot bus, so if there were a contract to add to, that wouldn't be it.

I figure that if Pace were going to use 30 ft buses in N it would have done so by now and what buses N has do not have the kind of mileage that a bus at S or W would.

To clarify the above, Pace (at least since 2005) has had 2 kinds of solicitations:

1. Options over 5 years, such as 72 to 222 30 ft buses, up to 50 40 or 45 foot motor coaches, 9 to 406 diesel 40 ft buses, and 91 to 250 CNG buses.
  2. One shot deals, such as 4 32 ft buses, 2 hybrids, or 7 trolleys.

As I indicated above,I don't know about the status of the 9 to 406 contract, but it appears that the only transit bus contract that has options remaining is the CNG one. Anything else would have to be advertised. Based on the above pattern, Pace could have a one time solicitation for 40 35 ft buses, or (as in the last NABI solicitation), a solicitation for up to 300 35 and 40 ft buses. But unless there is something like assignable options out there,* Pace can't add 40 35 foot buses to some other contract.

________

*Pace hasn't used them, and in any event, exercise would require board approval.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, busfan2847 said:

6253 was on 623 last Tuesday

1 hour ago, rotjohns said:

Hmmm, it wasn't out yesterday on Webwatch during the evening rush.  But if that's the case, it solves the mystery of where it's been.  Several other Nabis were out at NS so they're not moved yet.  

It's on 626 at the moment.

6253.png.0b442a034066688b26b5ee17036f3336.png

Also 6261. First morning in a while with 6200s on 626.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, ethan2226 said:

I saw #6143 in one of the photos. One of the final Orions in service at NW.

I guess that's the one at the head of the long line of Orions, but the number is a bit obscured by the weeds. I wonder what all is in that line.