CTA Bus Garage Rosters

sw4400

It looks as if the 11 stimulus artics reassigned to K (4196-4207) equals the number of 4300 series hybrids there until last Saturday. So far, only 4321-22 & 24-25 have shown up on BusTracker filling NP runs. But I'm guessing that 4326-32 will be migrating there as well. Seems logical anyway. Maybe NP will release a few more 40-footers in the coming days, too. Just a wild guess, but I'm thinking that a few might move to C to compensate for the 1980s & 90s that departed for 77th. (Odd-numbered 1910s &20s maybe)?

One other detail I noticed, for whatever it's worth: None of the early series 1000s (1000-1429) was involved in this recent shuffle (Dance of the Flyers).

It looks as if the 11 stimulus artics reassigned to K (4196-4207) equals the number of 4300 series hybrids there until last Saturday. So far, only 4321-22 & 24-25 have shown up on BusTracker filling NP runs. But I'm guessing that 4326-32 will be migrating there as well. Seems logical anyway. Maybe NP will release a few more 40-footers in the coming days, too. Just a wild guess, but I'm thinking that a few might move to C to compensate for the 1980s & 90s that departed for 77th. (Odd-numbered 1910s &20s maybe)?

One other detail I noticed, for whatever it's worth: None of the early series 1000s (1000-1429) was involved in this recent shuffle (Dance of the Flyers).

It would seem #4326-32 is still at Kedzie as they don't run artics much on the weekend, just the #12, #151 shortliner. I think if they were at NP we'd have seen them already. On the higher #1000's beat, you could say that 77th got the higher buses so it would be easier to rehab those as south shops is next door and we seem to be moving towards the second half of the rehab of the 1,030 buses. Hard to believe they rehabbed almost 500 buses in 10 months!! (11/1/13 - 9/1/13)

Not a new bus(in a fresh from the factory sense), nor a rehabbed bus, but here's my first photo of a current CTA bus. 4358 parked near Wrigley Field this afternoon.

There were other New Flyers parked there(several D40LF's and another D60LFR-4388), but I was hesitant to take pictures as I didn't want to get confronted by CTA Personnel or CPD about taking photos and possibly confiscating my smartphone if one of them is gung ho enough to do so. I know there is a policy about being able to photograph on public way, but many CTA/CPD personnel appear to be indifferent to the policy. How my fellow forum members can do it amazes me. I'd really like to have gotten more photos to share with you... :unsure:

post-10-0-98706900-1409607427_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

Not a new bus(in a fresh from the factory sense), nor a rehabbed bus, but here's my first photo of a current CTA bus. 4358 parked near Wrigley Field this afternoon.

There were other New Flyers parked there(several D40LF's and another D60LFR-4388), but I was hesitant to take pictures as I didn't want to get confronted by CTA Personnel or CPD about taking photos and possibly confiscating my smartphone if one of them is gung ho enough to do so. I know there is a policy about being able to photograph on public way, but many CTA/CPD personnel appear to be indifferent to the policy. How my fellow forum members can do it amazes me. I'd really like to have gotten more photos to share with you... :unsure:

You were hesitant but you just took one hell of a shot! Come on man!!! :lol:

• Upvote 1

It would seem #4326-32 is still at Kedzie as they don't run artics much on the weekend, just the #12, #151 shortliner. I think if they were at NP we'd have seen them already. On the higher #1000's beat, you could say that 77th got the higher buses so it would be easier to rehab those as south shops is next door and we seem to be moving towards the second half of the rehab of the 1,030 buses. Hard to believe they rehabbed almost 500 buses in 10 months!! (11/1/13 - 9/1/13)

I saw what you meant earlier today, BH. 4326 was operating on the Short-Sheridan this afternoon. 4207 was assigned to the same route the day before. So it looks as if K has received 11 artics from 77th (4196-4207) and given up only four to NP (4321-22 & 24-25) --- and in return received 6 standard NFs (1375-80). So K's roster seems to have had a net gain of nine units, including seven artics. Does K really need 71 artics?

I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that this round of bus-shuffling isn't over yet.

I saw what you meant earlier today, BH. 4326 was operating on the Short-Sheridan this afternoon. 4207 was assigned to the same route the day before. So it looks as if K has received 11 artics from 77th (4196-4207) and given up only four to NP (4321-22 & 24-25) --- and in return received 6 standard NFs (1375-80). So K's roster seems to have had a net gain of nine units, including seven artics. Does K really need 71 artics?

I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that this round of bus-shuffling isn't over yet.

K did have about that many artics last fall and winter picks if I recall correctly and basically fell below that starting the for the warmer weather picks. But hold that thought though because 4329 is operating on the 147 right now. The bigger question is will Andre's one last preview of what's supposed to occur this fall pick also turn out to be true like his other previews so far? Will NP steer artics from 135 and 136 toward the 22 in the PM rush today? 77th did lose its artics. There was kind of a big shift in bus assignments. And the 26 in fact does have artics this morning.

K did have about that many artics last fall and winter picks if I recall correctly and basically fell below that starting the for the warmer weather picks. But hold that thought though because 4329 is operating on the 147 right now. The bigger question is will Andre's one last preview of what's supposed to occur this fall pick also turn out to be true like his other previews so far? Will NP steer artics from 135 and 136 toward the 22 in the PM rush today? 77th did lose its artics. There was kind of a big shift in bus assignments. And the 26 in fact does have artics this morning.

Wow, that #4329 sighting on the #147 doesn't look good for Kedzie. They may be losing all the #4300's, I just saw the other thread saying #4328 - #4332 are NP.. NP seems to have taken a loss of total buses, maybe because more are artic now? Chicago is the real head scratcher though they lost 13 buses and gained nothing. Could that be because they have a higher ratio of rehab buses?

I was on one of the 4300 Series artics traveling on #26 this evening, and a lady came on the bus saying, "It's about time the #26 gets to see artics." She was telling me that she spoke with her alderman about getting artics on the route.

If an alderman had anything to do with that particular move, I'd be shocked especially when few alderman had any pull to keep the Claypool DeCrowd plan cuts from happening virtually intact with just about no changes from what CTA proposed under that round of cuts as well as having been powerless to do anything about the sneak cuts that have occurred since DeCrowd was implemented.

If an alderman had anything to do with that particular move, I'd be shocked especially when few alderman had any pull to keep the Claypool DeCrowd plan cuts from happening virtually intact with just about no changes from what CTA proposed under that round of cuts as well as having been powerless to do anything about the sneak cuts that have occurred since DeCrowd was implemented.

I don't think John Pope has much clout.

This is interesting news on the CTA front... is 805 just getting repairs or is this an early sign of perhaps the 800's being phased out as well?

I have to make sure that it's the exact bus number (process of elimination) but for it to be parked by #900 #901 #908 and #909 is not a good sign at all. So far, it's unofficial to consider it retired. If I check it out today or tomorrow and I see it's bike rack removed, then I'm going to consider it retired. There aren't any speculations about all of them (including the ones are in service) to be rehabbed.

I have to make sure that it's the exact bus number (process of elimination) but for it to be parked by #900 #901 #908 and #909 is not a good sign at all. So far, it's unofficial to consider it retired. If I check it out today or tomorrow and I see it's bike rack removed, then I'm going to consider it retired. There aren't any speculations about all of them (including the ones are in service) to be rehabbed.

That's a good move not to jump the gone just yet. We've seen reports of buses parked near retired ones before and it turned out the buses in question were only waiting for repairs and went back into service. The 1000s currently going through rehabs in addition to the 7900s being delivered now leaves only so much room to park buses simply needing repair down at the South Shops/77th Garage complex. And even if it doesn't go back into service, one bus alone isn't enough for others to speculate on the series as a whole. Also keep in mind that bike rack removal alone isn't enough to signal retirement as a bus still has electrical components in the front that a maintenance worker may need to get into that makes a bike rack rather cumbersome to have in place if they need to get at those components. Farebox removal and/or harvesting of parts are better clues.

• Upvote 2

That's a good move not to jump the gone just yet. We've seen reports of buses parked near retired ones before and it turned out the buses in question were only waiting for repairs and went back into service. The 1000s currently going through rehabs in addition to the 7900s being delivered now leaves early so much room to park buses simply needing repair down at the South Shops/77th Garage complex. And even if it doesn't go back into service, one bus alone isn't enough for others to speculate on the series as a whole. Also keep in mind that bike rack removal alone isn't enough to signal retirement as a bus still has electrical components in the front that a maintenance worker may need to get into that makes a bike rack rather cumbersome to have in place if they need to get at those components. Farebox removal and/or harvesting of parts are better clues.

I totally agree with you. I out there now and the bike rack is not removed.

• 4 weeks later...

Was surprised to see #6862's seats are looking almost as bad as the #6400's. They sure had me doing a double take on the bus number. Looks they installed a few new seats in select spots on #6471. They look good. Now though you can see the old seats next to the new. This is the first #6400 I've seen in a long time with new seats.