Buses out

77th = 1337-1342

74 th = 1114,1119,1120,1141,1142,1144

Also New NOVA buses were added to 77 th street garage 7974,7954,7923

7900 count now 42

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is #804 still in service? Because its been sitting on the west lot of south shops for about a week now.

That location is less suspicious than if it were on the Perry Ave. or 77th St. sides. If near the South Shops building, probably there for some kind of heavy maintenance.

But, I don't have the roster.

Is #804 still in service? Because its been sitting on the west lot of south shops for about a week now.

Rosters have it in storage since August, 2014. Whether that means it's retired or just undergoing major repairs is uncertain... but four months is a long time to be out of service for any sort of major repairs unless the bus suffered fire damage or was involved in a major wreckage(both of which are not apparent as you mentioned it sitting in the west lot of South Shops not in a state of disrepair).

Rosters have it in storage since August, 2014. Whether that means it's retired or just undergoing major repairs is uncertain... but four months is a long time to be out of service for any sort of major repairs unless the bus suffered fire damage or was involved in a major wreckage(both of which are not apparent as you mentioned it sitting in the west lot of South Shops not in a state of disrepair).

Sorry but apparently that's incorrect. BusHunter's rosters show that out of service bus to be #801 out since August, not #804 which YoungBusLover asked about. So it just may be that #804 is undergoing some possible extra repair as Busjack hypothesized may be a possibility.

Thanks for the input guys, #804 has been sitting in the same spot for a long time and has not moved from that spot so I thought maybe something was up with it. It kind of reminds me of the same artic with no bike rack that has been sitting in the same spot for what it seems two years inside the north section of south shops near the entry point.

Sorry but apparently that's incorrect. BusHunter's rosters show that out of service bus to be #801 out since August, not #804 which YoungBusLover asked about. So it just may be that #804 is undergoing some possible extra repair as Busjack hypothesized may be a possibility.

:blink: Oops!!! My mistake... I see my roster and BusHunter's does show 801 OOS, not 804. So, any possibility could becoming from this.... repair, as Busjack mentioned, or perhaps a possible 2nd retirement that, if this is the case, may mean the 800's may start to fade off the active roster too like the 900's, though not for the same reason(ISE filed bankruptcy, making parts hard to get for the 900's, sentencing them to the scrapper early).

• 3 weeks later...

1261is back at 77th so you can take that bus off 103rd roster, 1971 is still at 103rd so far I saw it last night as a 28, 1241 and 1870 are also there. I guess well find out what bus is where by sat considering the winter pick starts this Sunday Dec 28th. But just giving you a heads up you're doing a really good job with the roster updates sw4000 keep up the great work.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok roster updated, thanks for all those buses Garmon!! When I said to bring those #1800's up to the north side I didn't mean all of them!! :P

You gotta be careful what you wish for!!! Hey, you might get some more crappy Novas as zonks (Let's Make a Deal BusHunter!!! Garage #1 or Garage #2???) :lol: :p

You gotta be careful what you wish for!!! Hey, you might get some more crappy Novas as zonks (Let's Make a Deal BusHunter!!! Garage #1 or Garage #2???) :lol::P

Yeah but FG still is zonked. I guess I'm going to have hypnotize the CTA brass into getting them some NF's. :P:lol: Well here it goes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu3VpGRvnYg

• Upvote 1

1204, 1209, and 1799 are still here at 103rd. I believe 1798 as well. But definitely the 3 I mentioned 1130 is here too. So we should have 184 total 1000 series St least. Hats off to you tho cause you're doing a heck of a job with the rosters of all the garages.

I'll update it in maybe 1 hour. I got alot to do on the site. I got shots of #7999 and #1990 to post along with the other two I mentioned. Plus I'll update everything. Just getting back from a friday dinner date.
  • Upvote 1