CTA Bus Garage Rosters

sw4400

Does anyone else think that this movement of newer 6400's for older 6400's to Forest Glen might mean that the next batch of 7900's (8000's) or the future batch (8100's) might be earmarked here?

Sounds like the converse. Of course, it was thought that getting rid of all the 6400s at 77th meant they were getting nothing.

Update: Garmon has some upper 6800s at 74. I guess just shuffling the deck.

Ok I adjusted the rosters per Andre's info. I put #6407 and #6816 in the retirements list. I'm really on the fence over #6482-#6480 at FG. That needs to be checked. But the roster sounds correct at 74th 259 is around what they maintain for service normally. FG is in surplus at 266, but they are probably going to retire a few buses depending on what they see.

Ok I adjusted the rosters per Andre's info. I put #6407 and #6816 in the retirements list. I'm really on the fence over #6482-#6480 at FG. That needs to be checked. But the roster sounds correct at 74th 259 is around what they maintain for service normally. FG is in surplus at 266, but they are probably going to retire a few buses depending on what they see.

6816 was on the 54A yesterday and is on the 80 today. For some reason it has not moved from F to 6!

6483, 6485, 6486, 6488 are still at 74th. They have been on the 67, 9, 62H, 44 either yesterday or today. 6489 is definitely at F it is on the 92 today according to Bus Finder.

6816 was on the 54A yesterday and is on the 80 today. For some reason it has not moved from F to 6!

6483, 6485, 6486, 6488 are still at 74th. They have been on the 67, 9, 62H, 44 either yesterday or today. 6489 is definitely at F it is on the 92 today according to Bus Finder.

6816 is probably just a holdover. Eventually, it'll join the others at 74th. My wonder is if 74th is going to get 6710-6795, or just 67xx-6795.

And what does this mean for FG in the months ahead? Will they get new Novas in the future? Will they eventually be assigned New Flyers, or is the CTA Brass going to buy a fleet of yellow School Buses for this garage? Holy bombshell..... stay tuned, same CTA time.... same CTA channel...

http://youtu.be/1jgE-lrfZ3k

• Upvote 1

6816 is probably just a holdover. Eventually, it'll join the others at 74th. My wonder is if 74th is going to get 6710-6795, or just 67xx-6795.

And what does this mean for FG in the months ahead? Will they get new Novas in the future? Will they eventually be assigned New Flyers, or is the CTA Brass going to buy a fleet of yellow School Buses for this garage? Holy bombshell..... stay tuned, same CTA time.... same CTA channel...

http://youtu.be/1jgE-lrfZ3k

No, probably just the 24 (#6793 - #6769) as that's all the green destination signs they have left. Crazy though, when they get more #8000's the #6700's are coming right back to FG probably. I can only guess as they come back FG will retire bus by bus whatever is worse.

Back on topic:

Here are some roster updates, based mainly on eyeballing BusTracker.

1102, 1236, & 1239: Still at 77 rather than NP. (They may have been loaners).
1349: Still at NP. (Posted at 74)
1229: Still at 77. (Posted at C)
1136: Migrated to 103. (No longer at K)

There may be a few others, but those are the ones that come to mind.
As always, BusHunter, SW, & Garmon, great work with the rosters.

A little bit OT, but not completely:

The tragic commuter rail accident north of New York City provided a grotesque coincidence with the CTA artic fire last November. The lead rail car burned. Both the train car and the bus carried the same number: 4333.

News reports that after train hit car, car was pushed north along tracks, getting jammed under 3rd rail, which caused 3rd rail to come up and into the head (and 2nd!) car. Almost 400 feet of 3rd rail was inside the two cars according to reports. It also provided a nice path for gasoline from car's fuel tank, which the 3rd rail went thru on its way in. You talk about everything that could go wrong did go wrong... It is a wonder more weren't skewered or roasted.

Is that the firehous bus? If so, what is that used for?

Not a "firehouse" bus! :) It is assigned to the fire academy. The purpose is to transport the fire recruits at the fire academy to wherever they need to go to complete their training.