CTA Bus Garage Rosters

sw4400

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 8:49 PM, andrethebusman said:

As of 9/19, it is indeed 129 (8200-8304,8306-8324).

I don't understand your count either.....

8200(1st bus in this order), 8299(100th bus in this order), 8324(125th bus in this order). So, where do you come up with 129? Even if the group starts with 8199, that would make the total 126, not 129.

Please explain the total of 129 you mention, @andrethebusman. I'm lost here......

On 9/19/2016 at 8:49 PM, andrethebusman said:

As of 9/19, it is indeed 129 (8200-8304,8306-8324).

Long story short, CTA quoted 8200-8324 as an exercised option of 125 additional buses beyond the base order of 300 buses, 7900-8199. The 125 count can be derived and verified mathematically using a high school math lesson on numerical intervals by subtracting 8199, the last fleet number of the base order, from 8324, the last fleet number of the exercised option. 8305 so far has not been reported in CTA possession or seen in service, meaning one bus still missing. Therefore the assigned FG buses 8200-8304 and 8306-8324 should come out to a count of 124 buses, not 129.

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, TaylorTank1229 said:

I checked the "Garages" section, looked in "77th" How come #31 31st isn't put in there yet?

Maybe just forgot to update. 

Some other errors include #19 being a K route, I believe Chicago handles it. Also #X98 is a FG route, not a NP route.

5 hours ago, jesi2282 said:

Maybe just forgot to update. 

Some other errors include #19 being a K route, I believe Chicago handles it. Also #X98 is a FG route, not a NP route.

Hasn't been updated. #19 being a Kedzie route is correct. It's shared with Chicago. Chicago handles the trips going to United Center, and Kedzie handles the ones leaving. Kedzie does its trips with artics because after Bulls or Hawks home games and other United Center events, it's pretty much load and go with huge crowds. 

May not mean anything in particular, but I'll post it anyway......

Yesterday, as I was heading west on Addison, I saw Nova #8262 with a placard in the window that said "Forest Glen Training Bus" on Kimball heading northbound. Anyone think one of the following is possible.....

• Forest Glen is being trained to help out/take over the Kimball route?
  • Kedzie Garage is being prepped to receive some of the 7900-Series Novas? If so, who would be giving them to Kedzie: Forest Glen, Chicago, 74th or 77th?

1 hour ago, sw4400 said:

May not mean anything in particular, but I'll post it anyway......

Yesterday, as I was heading west on Addison, I saw Nova #8262 with a placard in the window that said "Forest Glen Training Bus" on Kimball heading northbound. Anyone think one of the following is possible.....

• Forest Glen is being trained to help out/take over the Kimball route?
  • Kedzie Garage is being prepped to receive some of the 7900-Series Novas? If so, who would be giving them to Kedzie: Forest Glen, Chicago, 74th or 77th?

Could it be enroute to a FG route for training. I thought Kedize couldn't get Novas because of wash rack. 

3 hours ago, ajm522 said:

Could it be enroute to a FG route for training. I thought Kedize couldn't get Novas because of wash rack. 

Probably right on that. Training buses go all over just cause it's not on a home garage street doesn't really mean anything. If it had future operators on there for example maybe they wanted to train on stopping at belmont blue line then train on stopping at irving pk blue line. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Probably right on that. Training buses go all over just cause it's not on a home garage street doesn't really mean anything. If it had future operators on there for example maybe they wanted to train on stopping at belmont blue line then train on stopping at irving pk blue line. 

In that it had a "Forest Glen Training Bus" card indicates that's correct.

On 1/14/2017 at 11:16 AM, Busjack said:

In that it had a "Forest Glen Training Bus" card indicates that's correct.

Yes I agree that that would appear correct. If SW's sighting indicates anything, it's simply more evidence that FG has gotten new operators. I also observed a Forest Glen bus being used for training purposes in recent weeks, in that case one of the FG NFs being used to train a group of trainees in procedures along the 84 Peterson. One of the trainees was at the wheel while a group of other trainees and line instructors observed his actions. It looked as though the trainees were being trained how to stop at stops along the route, how to merge back into traffic after leaving those stops, and also how to deal with traffic patterns along Peterson. 

• 4 months later...

What's the deal with 4000s at Chicago Avenue Garage, are they no longer there? If not, then where did they transferred them to?  Because the 66 has been running just Standard buses for a week or two ago as from my knowledge.  

1 hour ago, qwantae said:

What's the deal with 4000s at Chicago Avenue Garage, are they no longer there? If not, then where did they transferred them to?  Because the 66 has been running just Standard buses for a week or two ago as from my knowledge.  

Chicago 4000's got transferred back to Kedzie, North Park and 103rd garages last fall...I think.

20 hours ago, qwantae said:

They got transferred away last December at the winter pick. Most went to P, fewer went to 103rd.

On 6/4/2017 at 7:05 PM, renardo870 said:

Chicago 4000's got transferred back to Kedzie, North Park and 103rd garages last fall...I think.

It was winter actually as busfan2847 mentioned. In addition, Kedzie got none of the artics that were formerly at Chicago. What Kedzie did get actually was some artics formerly at North Park that got displaced by the artics that North Park got from Chicago. 

14 hours ago, jajuan said:

It was winter actually as busfan2847 mentioned. In addition, Kedzie got none of the artics that were formerly at Chicago. What Kedzie did get actually was some artics formerly at North Park that got displaced by the artics that North Park got from Chicago. 

You're right. Can't really remember the #s, but I believe Kedzie got 4052-4067??? from NP. Somewhere around there give or take a few 

One thing that I still don't get is when I spotted #4000 on #82 a few nights ago. Why didn't CTA adjust the number on the rear to match the other 4000-Series buses? It's still where it was located when the bus was first delivered when it had those faux rear vents that the 1000-Series buses have(though they actually are for an A/C unit).

IMG_0640.jpg?2012

4 hours ago, sw4400 said:

Why didn't CTA adjust the number on the rear to match the other 4000-Series buses?

Why mess with it and mess up the paint job?

Also, you don't have any evidence of a recent sighting (this picture being June 3, 2009). comment struck after rereading your post.

On 6/7/2017 at 2:19 PM, sw4400 said:

One thing that I still don't get is when I spotted #4000 on #82 a few nights ago. Why didn't CTA adjust the number on the rear to match the other 4000-Series buses? It's still where it was located when the bus was first delivered when it had those faux rear vents that the 1000-Series buses have(though they actually are for an A/C unit).

IMG_0640.jpg?2012

Busjack has a valid point that they may not have wanted to mess up the paint job for that original technically minor cosmetic faux pas. However it might get fixed during the upcoming rehab of the 4000s since part of the rehabs will presumably be a new paint job.