CTA 'L' Rosters

sw4400

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, chgofan78 said:

Spotted some of the Blue Line 5000-series cars back on the Red Line the other night.  Are they using different equipment now or are these runs done for now?

It looks as though only 2 trips on the timetable start at Racine: 7:28 and 7:43.  Others are UIC short turns.

On 1/14/2023 at 12:04 AM, chgofan78 said:

Spotted some of the Blue Line 5000-series cars back on the Red Line the other night.  Are they using different equipment now or are these runs done for now?

On 1/14/2023 at 9:54 AM, Busjack said:

It looks as though only 2 trips on the timetable start at Racine: 7:28 and 7:43.  Others are UIC short turns.

Looking at the 7/1/22 roster, it has 16 5000 series cars assigned to the Blue Line, which equals 2 trains, so your question wasn't answered (at least by me).

3 hours ago, scotthilly said:

Anyone know if, or when, they’ll ever stop doing the maximum consist on all lines?

I really enjoyed the pre-Covid off peak 4 car brown line trains. Plus, it seemed to serve a purpose as it reduced the mileage on a lot of their cars.

Not for foreseeable future

For one CTA is still trying to encourage social distancing.   But more importantly cutting and coupling trains takes staffing which CTA is short on

So if you enjoy 4 car consists you should head over to the Pink Line or take owl  Red Line or Blue Line service 

59 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Not for foreseeable future

For one CTA is still trying to encourage social distancing.   But more importantly cutting and coupling trains takes staffing which CTA is short on

So if you enjoy 4 car consists you should head over to the Pink Line or take owl  Red Line or Blue Line service 

Also, since CTA cut frequency, there's no point in cutting capacity per train.

3 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Does this mean that 54th no longer operates the two runs on the Blue Line between Racine and Jefferson Park?  It would appear that's the case with the overall service reductions.

I assume that these moves probably have something to do with reconstruction of the Racine incline?

3 hours ago, Bus1883 said:

I assume that these moves probably have something to do with reconstruction of the Racine incline?

The Loomis uncline?  If that's under construction that's a possibility.   But that would also mean that there wouldn't be any new 7000s added to the Blue Line since the Loomis incline and the Paulina Connector is the only way to connect the Blue Line with the rest of the system

I remember seeing some equipment on the incline but it didn't seem to be under construction but I can't say for sure.

12 hours ago, Bus1883 said:

8 hours ago, artthouwill said:

The Loomis uncline?  If that's under construction that's a possibility.

The CT Board said Racine siding. https://www.google.com/maps/place/300+S+Racine+Ave,+Chicago,+IL+60607/@41.8762384,-87.6570399,132m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x880e2cdf917b040d:0x92c79257ae7dc485!8m2!3d41.877564!4d-87.657312

I assumed that the question was directed to @garmon757

12 minutes ago, Busjack said:

The map doesn't indicate what Racine Siding means.  It could mean what we refer to as Morgan Middle track, but it doesn't appear that it means Loomis incline.

17 hours ago, artthouwill said:

The Loomis uncline?  If that's under construction that's a possibility.   But that would also mean that there wouldn't be any new 7000s added to the Blue Line since the Loomis incline and the Paulina Connector is the only way to connect the Blue Line with the rest of the system

I remember seeing some equipment on the incline but it didn't seem to be under construction but I can't say for sure.

I thought one track was open while construction was going on so that track movements to/from the Blue Line would be possible to/from the Pink Line and the rest of the system.

On 1/25/2023 at 5:33 PM, artthouwill said:

Does this mean that 54th no longer operates the two runs on the Blue Line between Racine and Jefferson Park?  It would appear that's the case with the overall service reductions.

7 minutes ago, garmon757 said:

That’s correct until further notice. 

The 2 runs are still on the timetable, and there isn't a current or upcoming alert. Is there some other yard providing the runs, or are they now ghosts?

image.png.1cc66f18f6d66737026854f5d4018b47.png

On 1/26/2023 at 10:14 PM, Busjack said:

The 2 runs are still on the timetable, and there isn't a current or upcoming alert. Is there some other yard providing the runs, or are they now ghosts?

image.png.1cc66f18f6d66737026854f5d4018b47.png

Those two runs won’t have any service because of the reconstruction of the rail ties on the incline between Loomis Junction and Harrison Junction. They could’ve adjusted the schedule brochure but I don’t know what else they have planned. 

On 1/29/2023 at 9:32 AM, Jackson232 said:

Is there a way to track 7000 series trains in service?

I tried, but did not succeed. My method probably will not be effective anymore anyhow. ?

It could be inferred that another reason for the discontinuance of the 5000-series runs on the Blue Line is that the two runs will be reassigned to the 7000-series trains.