CTA 'L' Rosters

sw4400

3 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Technically no.  However there are some trips that do end at Howard.   Why?  I don't know.   But there's always been some downtown trips that ended at Howard.

All operators start their trips out of Howard St.  Their runs end at Howard when clocking out or going on lunch while another operator takes over as a different run.  For example, 503 goes on lunch after a Looper and ends at Howard.  501 takes over to Linden and back to Howard (or Loop).

4 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Technically no.  However there are some trips that do end at Howard.   Why?  I don't know.   But there's always been some downtown trips that ended at Howard.

So, only operators change at Howard. NB Trains don't end at Howard.

11 hours ago, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

Not to mention 24/7 there and in the older of the two Chicago subway tunnels built. Also the Dan Ryan is the busiest highway in the state, especially when combined with the Kennedy. Fitting for the busiest CTA rail line, and I can only remember seeing bigger highways when I visited Los Angeles. More mess to go around, combined with less downtime for the rail cars to get some cleaning because of the operating hours.

The blue line cars dont even look that bad & that line run in the middle of the highway also 

On 7/4/2020 at 8:44 PM, Marcin said:

A few more Updates are:

Red Line: 5201-5202, 5217-5218, 5227-5400, 5501-5516, 5527-5714

Blue Line: 5203-5216, 5219-5226 (stored at 54th Yard)

Yellow Line also has 5523-5526

Are the 5000 Blue cars still operating? Or are they on Pink?

5197- 5198 has been on the Red Line for a while and 5711-5714 are also assigned to the Purple Line.

All Red Line Line trains are

28 minutes ago, RenardoRedNorth said:

5197- 5198 has been on the Red Line for a while and 5711-5714 are also assigned to the Purple Line.

All Red Line trains are eligible to run on the Purple Line and Yellow Line,  especially out of Howard Yard.   It makes sense to rotate cars so even mileage.

25 minutes ago, Marcin said:

Do you know why?

2 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

All Red Line Line trains are

All Red Line trains are eligible to run on the Purple Line and Yellow Line,  especially out of Howard Yard.   It makes sense to rotate cars so even mileage.

Usually, Red Line cars stay on Red Line.

22 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

The blue line cars dont even look that bad & that line run in the middle of the highway also 

I think Forest Park Yard still has their car wash, and since the Blue Line is pretty isolated from the rest of the system, they basically have that wash to themselves. Not sure where the Red Line gets their cars washed. But I agree the Blue Line cars look fine, and until lately, so did the cars on the other lines.

11 minutes ago, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

I think Forest Park Yard still has their car wash, and since the Blue Line is pretty isolated from the rest of the system, they basically have that wash to themselves. Not sure where the Red Line gets their cars washed. But I agree the Blue Line cars look fine, and until lately, so did the cars on the other lines.

Yes the blue line cars still look good even tho it basically run the same way as the red line but the red line cars only 10-11 years old & they look like they 20-30 years old 

18 hours ago, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

18 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Yes the blue line cars still look good even tho it basically run the same way as the red line but the red line cars only 10-11 years old & they look like they 20-30 years old 

The fluted sides of the 5000s may have something to do with it  since they can catch and trap dirt and salt.  That's not a problem with the 2600s, but could be a primary wut for 3200s   I believe the Forest Park and Rosemont Yards have washed.  87th Tard might have a wash, but I can't recall seeing one at Howard.  

Also, the Blue Line terminals don't sit in the median of the Expressway like 95th.  Even in 88th yard, there's at least 2 tracks still exposed to Expressway traffic while the Rosemont yard is insulated by in service trackage.  Thus Red Line cars, especially those stored at 97th, are more susceptible to the elements than Blue Line cars.

The fluted sides of the 5000s may have something to do with it  since they can catch and trap dirt and salt.  That's not a problem with the 2600s, but could be a primary wut for 3200s   I believe the Forest Park and Rosemont Yards have washed.  87th Tard might have a wash, but I can't recall seeing one at Howard.  

Also, the Blue Line terminals don't sit in the median of the Expressway like 95th.  Even in 88th yard, there's at least 2 tracks still exposed to Expressway traffic while the Rosemont yard is insulated by in service trackage.  Thus Red Line cars, especially those stored at 97th, are more susceptible to the elements than Blue Line cars.

howard has a wash as well it’s on the east side of the yard next to the maintenance building 

Naw red line done have a wash I came from the rail & switched to the bus side of the game but I'm on call for either 1

On 7/2/2012 at 11:54 PM, sw4400 said:

Rosters moved to the "CTA "L" Rosters" thread for easier locating...

Red Line:(Updated 7/30/20)

2600-Series Cars(Budd Company/Transit America 1981-1987)

No Cars assigned to this Line

3200-Series Cars(Morrison-Knudsen 1991-1994)

No Cars assigned to this Line

5000-Series Cars(Bombardier Transit Corporation 2009-2015)

(386 Cars Total)

5201-5202

5217-5218

5227-5400

5501-5516

5523-5714

7000-Series Cars(CSR Sifang America JV 2020-2023)

Prototype Planned To Be Delivered In 2020

Red Line also borrows Purple Line equipment on occasion

Red Line loans out four random 5000-Series cars to the Yellow Line.

Photos copyright © Chicago-l.org. Off-site Photos copyrighted to their respective owners.

2009 Bombardier Rail Cars.jpg

Red Line starts from 5527-5528. 5523-5526 are Yellow cars. Red cars are Red cars.