CTA 'L' Rosters

sw4400

2 hours ago, NovaBusFan said:

Welp guys, this could be why #3352 is still OOS these were taken a long time ago you’ll notice the rollsigns on the front of the car in one of these files. I am still not sure about #3447. Found these off of Flickriver.F5A64634-7994-4A5D-9863-3C54FE92CBA1.thumb.png.07b846fb331edb2f8270f48af983ec8b.png

E772A924-48F3-4F22-BF04-BF28F670BD27.png

0330A3CE-008E-41DB-9C06-A18897698ECF.png

Ohhh wow that seems like a car accident as I can see a piece of a car in the third picture

53 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

the heck happened here and how lmao

Guess a car went past the gates and the train crashed into the car

29 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Was this when a train hit a car at Kedzie Brown Line  and the impact caused the train to hit the station platform?   I forgot what year.

Date of the photos say 11/28/2010

2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Was this when a train hit a car at Kedzie Brown Line  and the impact caused the train to hit the station platform?   I forgot what year.

Yessir, the front of the train derailed and struck the station and this happened in late 2010. I remember there was a derailment in the state street subway involving cars #5713-14. #5714 was leaning a little bit lol.

5 minutes ago, NovaBusFan said:

Yessir, the front of the train derailed and struck the station and this happened in late 2010. I remember there was a derailment in the state street subway involving cars #5713-14. #5714 was leaning a little bit lol.

When did that derailment happen I never even heard of it

47 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

With the alley's on either side of the tracks, I'm surprised there haven't been more incidents of people accidently turning onto the Brown Line tracks

True.  But I think the culprit of this accident was a car going around the gates.  Why people would do that is a mystery to me.   What is so important that you can't wait an extra minute or so  to let a train pass?

3 hours ago, artthouwill said:

True.  But I think the culprit of this accident was a car going around the gates.  Why people would do that is a mystery to me.   What is so important that you can't wait an extra minute or so  to let a train pass?

2 hours ago, Policeman said:

People are in a rush to go no where

I have to agree with Policeman here, it's not a mystery. People are just impatient, and often times also self-centered. How many times have you seen a car speed up and/or cut you off at a light just to stop at the next red? Or people going around to turn right in front of the bus?

4 hours ago, artthouwill said:

True it’s not like a freight train where u have to sit for a little bit or turn back around carefully. But letting a CTA train pass will only last a few seconds people are just impatient. If they wanna go somewhere there is your place to go in a scene so it can be on the news?

47 minutes ago, NovaBusFan said:

True it’s not like a freight train where u have to sit for a little bit or turn back around carefully. But letting a CTA train pass will only last a few seconds people are just impatient. If they wanna go somewhere there is your place to go in a scene so it can be on the news?

Waiting for a CTA train to pass is nothing.  You are insanely impatient if you can't wait for one of those to pass. 

My life is more important.   I might not like Waiting for a freight train,  but I know I will eventually get where I am going if I wait.  If the freight train stops, i just have to reroute.  Tje thing about freight tracks is you never know what is on another track.  You see a slow moving  or stopped freight train, not realizing it could be masking a fast moving Amtrak, Metra, or faster moving freight train.  I pray ?  that God never allows me to ride with a stupid person who is willing to gamble with my life trying to beat a train.   

I've only gone around  lowered gates when it was clear that the gates were malfunctioning and there was no train in sight.   Or if there was a train, it was sitting for a period of time and I determined that train was on the outermost track and nothing was coming from the opposite direction.   Thode are reasoned patiently calculated decisions and not a spur of the moment im in a rush decision..  the old adage says Stop.  Liok.  Listen.   Live.   I'd rather wait than to be dead wrong.

31 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Waiting for a CTA train to pass is nothing.  You are insanely impatient if you can't wait for one of those to pass. 

My life is more important.   I might not like Waiting for a freight train,  but I know I will eventually get where I am going if I wait.  If the freight train stops, i just have to reroute.  Tje thing about freight tracks is you never know what is on another track.  You see a slow moving  or stopped freight train, not realizing it could be masking a fast moving Amtrak, Metra, or faster moving freight train.  I pray ?  that God never allows me to ride with a stupid person who is willing to gamble with my life trying to beat a train.   

I've only gone around  lowered gates when it was clear that the gates were malfunctioning and there was no train in sight.   Or if there was a train, it was sitting for a period of time and I determined that train was on the outermost track and nothing was coming from the opposite direction.   Thode are reasoned patiently calculated decisions and not a spur of the moment im in a rush decision..  the old adage says Stop.  Liok.  Listen.   Live.   I'd rather wait than to be dead wrong.

Very true 

1 hour ago, NovaBusFan said:

Very true 

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

Even if I am running late railroad crossings will  stop me and unfortunately I might miss the bus I wanted. Safety and patience is much more important than getting buses you want or when you need to be somewhere. Hope this never happens again anytime soon

• Upvote 1

On 9/3/2021 at 11:38 AM, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

I also remember hearing about a collision and derailment at Kedzie station in 2012 after a police car went around the gates and was hit by a Brown Line train.

Link

I remember that, the car was torn apart at the scene after a Brown Line train gave it a whooping for crossing the tracks.