4300/4330-series DE60LF/D60LF - Updates

BusHunter

If I remember your count correctly from the table at the beginning of the thread BusHunter, that should mean 82 in service and 18 left to go. And from the looks of things they've been concentrating on 77th a lot more recently as it has more 4300s than Kedzie which has held steady at 15.

Yeah, they should be done by May right before the Dan Ryan closure starts.

#4386 is currently on the #79. Weird out of 25 buses only 5 are currently in service. I don't know if that's because drivers at 77th are gun shy about taking out the artics or there just isn't that many artic capable drivers over there. Seems weird though to have 20 artic buses in the garage.

#4386 is currently on the #79. Weird out of 25 buses only 5 are currently in service. I don't know if that's because drivers at 77th are gun shy about taking out the artics or there just isn't that many artic capable drivers over there. Seems weird though to have 20 artic buses in the garage.

I thought the operator had no choice in bus assignment...

e.g: Say I'm your Garage Dispatcher, and I assign you bus # 4358. I don't think you can tell me 'No thanks, I want #1826 instead.'

Again, may just be stocking up for you know what happens in mid May.

That wouldn't completely fly given the rest of those buses have been in service on the 4 and the 79 at various points over the past few weeks. 103rd's extra 4300s would be sitting idle if that were the case, and looking at the 6, 14, 26 and even the 28 in rush hour we know that hasn't been the case.

That wouldn't completely fly given the rest of those buses have been in service on the 4 and the 79 at various points over the past few weeks. 103rd's extra 4300s would be sitting idle if that were the case, and looking at the 6, 14, 26 and even the 28 in rush hour we know that hasn't been the case.

I didn't say stocking up all 100 for May. But probably some.

I didn't say stocking up all 100 for May. But probably some.

It's a month until the Red Line shutdown. I don't think any will be idle until then. Idle vehicles tend to have issues... diesel fuel gels up, fuel filters clog and make the bus hard starting, rough running/stalling. They'll find uses for these buses in the meantime, I'm sure...

It's a month until the Red Line shutdown. I don't think any will be idle until then. Idle vehicles tend to have issues... diesel fuel gels up, fuel filters clog and make the bus hard starting, rough running/stalling. They'll find uses for these buses in the meantime, I'm sure...

They'll use them for operator training!! :lol:

This morning they have 11 artics out on the #79 and #4. That's the most i've seen so far.

As for the 4300s left at 77th, those are now seeing use during the day on weekdays on both the #4 and the #79. The #79 uses artics primarily on those Lakefront-to-Western short-turn trips, though they do see occasional trips to Ford City and/or the Solo Cup factory (though today, at least two of the artics on the #79 are on those runs to Ford City).

• 2 weeks later...