4300/4330-series DE60LF/D60LF - Updates

BusHunter

Anyone happen to see who's running the temporary 37A and with what equipment?

Good question as it's obviously not going to show on BusTracker since the route is only effective this week and again that week in late April going toward early May.

Two other 4300s (4357, also previously assigned to 103rd, and 4330) are also on the #146 at this moment.

Hmm...... I wonder if those are assigned there or were they some type of fill in from the Wells street shuttle buses. Seems funny nothing is out there now. So far Kevin doesn't think so. :P (nothing reflected on the buses page)

Hmm...... I wonder if those are assigned there or were they some type of fill in from the Wells street shuttle buses. Seems funny nothing is out there now. So far Kevin doesn't think so. :P (nothing reflected on the buses page)

They're fill ins

Hmmm looked like a New Flyer from the rear but I stand corrected if it was a Gillig. Doesn't change the point made that the storm from a couple weeks ago was treacherous enough for KC to make it dicey going for a 40 foot bus while some here were concerned with how bad it would effect 60 foot buses being on the street.

Hmmm looked like a New Flyer from the rear but I stand corrected if it was a Gillig. Doesn't change the point made that the storm from a couple weeks ago was treacherous enough for KC to make it dicey going for a 40 foot bus while some here were concerned with how bad it would effect 60 foot buses being on the street.

It was BusHunter who posted it, but it clearly was a Gillig from (1) the windows behind the door going down as far as the ones in front of it, and (2) the grill in the back, as the NF ones have the number at the bottom instead of an advertisement.

It was BusHunter who posted it, but it clearly was a Gillig from (1) the windows behind the door going down as far as the ones in front of it, and (2) the grill in the back, as the NF ones have the number at the bottom instead of an advertisement.

I never said what type of bus it was, I was just posting it as the discussion at the time was about fishtailing buses on snow. I believe the #4326 jackknife was around that time. BTW, #4363 is on the #6 today.

I said I stand corrected sir.

Anyway moving along to the topic of 4300s, I had my first ride on one last night with my ride on 4360 on the 12 Roosevelt on the final leg of my trip to work. I had mentioned that the quiet engine on the clean diesels sounded like a cross between a 4000 and 1930, but after riding one I can say from the inside they actually sound like one of the 1000s from the 1430-1629 group. If I had a choice to ride an artic anywhere, it would be one of these.