7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

57 minutes ago, jajuan said:

See and you thought it wouldn't happen for a few more weeks for that ride.

Well, it is a Saturday, @jajuan. Forum members have said that Belmont doesn't have as many buses assigned on the weekends. Seeing them on Addison and Irving Park might be a weekend-only thing for right now.

I did get the ride, but was unable to get the picture..... :( 

45 minutes ago, sw4400 said:

Well, it is a Saturday, @jajuan. Forum members have said that Belmont doesn't have as many buses assigned on the weekends. Seeing them on Addison and Irving Park might be a weekend-only thing for right now.

I did get the ride, but was unable to get the picture..... :( 

On math's archive, 8203 was on 80 about 5 pm Thursday.

It's ok I got pictures of #8222 and #8225 on #80. I'm going to try and get pictures of #8217 on the #152 now. As I was walking down Harlem just now #8223 passed me with a belmont sign. I wish I would have had Miss Cleo with me as I could have easily snapped some pictures.  I didn't see #8223 on the tracker. It could be a ghost bus.

Here's the shots guys

#8222:

cta 8222 front on 80.PNG

#8225:

cta 8225 rear on 80.PNG

cta 8225 front on 80.PNG

Yikes!! #8225's a little blurry, see that's why I don't like taking pictures in direct sun. I had a laugh at #8222's operator, when I took the shot, the operator spun around and looked at me, I'm talking 90 degrees here while driving. It was like the exorcist. I was like hell naw!! xD At least I didn't get barfed on!! :P

• Upvote 3

I hope to one day take a picture of an 8200 on #152 or #80. If it wasn't for #6550 pulling up behind it and the Bus Operator staring me down, I would've done it, but I didn't need to have an alert to CPD about me taking a picture of the bus and detaining me once they locate me, since I was in the area for a little bit of time. Some CPD will probably ask me what I'm doing and why and just let it go, others will probably be jerks about it and tell me to delete the photos or even find some way to take me in and detain me for a few hours over a innocent picture. Like you said about #8222's Operator, @BusHunter... when you took the picture, the Operator turned around and stared you down.

I wish they could just understand we mean no harm.... I could say I'm a member of a forum that's talking about these new buses and I just want to take a picture of the bus for it, but I'm sure they(CTA and CPD) could care less....

3 hours ago, sw4400 said:

I hope to one day take a picture of an 8200 on #152 or #80. If it wasn't for #6550 pulling up behind it and the Bus Operator staring me down, I would've done it, but I didn't need to have an alert to CPD about me taking a picture of the bus and detaining me once they locate me, since I was in the area for a little bit of time. Some CPD will probably ask me what I'm doing and why and just let it go, others will probably be jerks about it and tell me to delete the photos or even find some way to take me in and detain me for a few hours over a innocent picture. Like you said about #8222's Operator, @BusHunter... when you took the picture, the Operator turned around and stared you down.

I wish they could just understand we mean no harm.... I could say I'm a member of a forum that's talking about these new buses and I just want to take a picture of the bus for it, but I'm sure they(CTA and CPD) could care less....

I wouldn't worry about it too much. You are on a public sidewalk taking a picture of a bus on a public street. Now when you take pictures on CTA property they can mess with you if they have an axe to grind. If someone says something to you tell them you have never seen a new bus on the NW side and want to take a picture to convince yourself it's real. New buses are like UFO's over here!! xD

Most operators are just worried they did something wrong that's why they play defense. They should think a new bus would inspire someone to take a picture and be honored someone thought enough of them to take a picture of their bus.

I have just about taken a picture of the whole #7900 Nova bus fleet and no one has said anything to me. yet.

2 hours ago, Dawnlight said:

Who will be the first person to post an 8200 bus at the Jefferson Park terminal? I would love to see an 8200 next to a Pace Axess! lol

You can do that at grand/nordica in the rush, but the coup de gras is at 95th/Red line with a axess cng and a #7900. Even better would be an Axess CNG and #701 but that's like the rarest picture ever. 

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

I wouldn't worry about it too much. You are on a public sidewalk taking a picture of a bus on a public street. Now when you take pictures on CTA property they can mess with you if they have an axe to grind. If someone says something to you tell them you have never seen a new bus on the NW side and want to take a picture to convince yourself it's real. New buses are like UFO's over here!! xD

Most operators are just worried they did something wrong that's why they play defense. They should think a new bus would inspire someone to take a picture and be honored someone thought enough of them to take a picture of their bus.

I have just about taken a picture of the whole #7900 Nova bus fleet and no one has said anything to me. yet.

Hopefully, my time will come soon and I can confidently take a picture of a 8200-Series Nova on either #80 or #152. When is just a matter of me catching a ride on another bus again and snapping a pic when I get to my destination.

Stay tuned for my official 1st picture soon......

As far as seating and climate.... #8222's blue all-plastic seats seem comfortable and not slippery to me. Climate-wise, I'd compare it to a 6400-Series Nova.... that A/C was powerful!!! Bus was cool and comfortable on the interior despite it being a warm & muggy afternoon.

Someone else at my pickup point noticed the bus and he also knew it was brand new, seemed a little excited to see it.... any forum members out on #80 EB in the Lakeview neighborhood close to 3:00p on 6/18/16?

50 minutes ago, Busjack said:

From maths22's tracker, looks like everywhere except Belmont this morning. 4 for the person wanting Jefferson Park.

Guess what will probably be one of the last routes to see one? One that runs on weekdays only like #86 or #54A. Pretty much all the daily routes have seen one now except #90 and #91 and #56. I think if they do another 7 or so this week, we may see a couple on other routes daily cause they now have enough for the #77.

As of 1:01p....

8200 152: Addison152 -403F (Forest Glen) X

8203 78: Montrose78 -406F (Forest Glen)

8204 78: Montrose78 -408F (Forest Glen)

8206 81W: West Lawrence81W-401F (Forest Glen)

8207 85: Central85 -406F (Forest Glen)

8213 85: Central85 -403F (Forest Glen)

8215 80: Irving Park80 -409F (Forest Glen)

8217 76: Diversey76 -405F (Forest Glen)

8219 81: Lawrence81 -404F (Forest Glen)

8222 91: Austin91 -403F (Forest Glen)

8223 152: Addison152 -401F (Forest Glen) X

8225 77: Belmont77 -402F (Forest Glen)

8246 80: Irving Park80 -403F (Forest Glen)

Two potential targets for me to get another ride(and picture of) if one of them is the bus I pick up on the way to work later..... we'll see what fate has in store at that time....

2 hours ago, Johnny 5 said:

We rode the new bus #8212 today (same with last night) and it's having some issues with the rear door. The driver had to get off and push the door closed so he can begin moving again. So I wonder when it will be fixed soon...? O.o

He needs to take lessons from our other operator on the #77 the other day. He seemed to have no problem with the doors. Also that bus must be a ghost bus because I haven't seen it in a few days.

Got to take a few rides on #8223 today. The AC was feeling really cold on one trip. Then the bus had a relief, then I notice on the 2nd trip, damn it's warm in the front so I switch to the same seat that was feeling good and it was warmer. I feel like that relief turned it down. I was looking at the vents and I noticed once you pass the back door there's only one set of vents, there are two in back of the rear door but the air stream is so low it doesn't seem to matter anyway. You practically have to be on top of the vent to feel it. I had some extra time to examine stuff so I look at the glass, because usually you can find a date of manufacture on the glass. It said 3/16, so the glass was made then and I wouldn't doubt the assembly was shortly after.

Give me a few minutes and I'll put up pictures of #8223 on the #152.

Ok here they are pictures of #8223. I was trying to get away from the guy in the white hat but he was bobbing and weaving in front of my picture and the black car cut me off so I couldn't take it from Kimball. So near miss averted. 9_9xD I put two frontal's in anyway since they came out. You can now see the whole Addison to Cumberland display!! :D 

cta 8223 front on 152.PNG

cta 8223 front closeup on 152.PNG

cta 8223 rear on 152.PNG

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Got to take a few rides on #8223 today. The AC was feeling really cold on one trip. Then the bus had a relief, then I notice on the 2nd trip, damn it's warm in the front so I switch to the same seat that was feeling good and it was warmer. I feel like that relief turned it down. 

Bus operators have no control over the a/c or heating in any of the type of buses. It's all an automated system and the temperature is set by maintenance.

On 6/19/2016 at 2:03 AM, BusHunter said:

You can do that at grand/nordica in the rush, but the coup de gras is at 95th/Red line with a axess cng and a #7900. Even better would be an Axess CNG and #701 but that's like the rarest picture ever. 

Or a time where a FG route is running on a normal M-F schedule with no 6400's at all!