Pace Bus Wraps

Zol87

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'll say this, West does it way better than South does.  Looks like the 6262s in my opinion.

Also, some of the South buses still aren't wrapped yet, which I am very surprised.  I don't know if it's because they don't have the time because of the amount of buses they have to have out during rush hour or if those buses could be on the chopping block when the CNGs arrive.

Edited by rotjohns

Actually South does it better then West or any other division, as South removes the black rubber trim below the windows, which gives it more of a "6262" look.

They just don't look refined to me, it almost seems like they just put the wrap together to see if they stick.  It could also be the fact South's buses take a huge beating and probably have to get them done more quickly.  I haven't been up North recently to see those buses so I can't compare as to how they are looking nowadays. 

They just don't look refined to me, it almost seems like they just put the wrap together to see if they stick.  It could also be the fact South's buses take a huge beating and probably have to get them done more quickly.  I haven't been up North recently to see those buses so I can't compare as to how they are looking nowadays. 

The N and NS buses look pretty convincing, but you can see the decals through the wraps if you are close up.

One must remember that everything from 6262 and above are actual livery and not wraps.  If decals aren't 'taken off before wrapping, then those decal imprints can still be seen if you look very closely.  Otherwise stripping decals and priming the buses could add time and cost.

Remember 6241only had white paint and the blue decal.  It also looks as though the black rubber was removed from the lower area of the sides of the bus.

Edited by artthouwill

Remember 6241only had white paint and the blue decal.  It also looks as though the black rubber was removed from the lower area of the sides of the bus.

Some other buses (6682 comes to mind, and I think a couple of other North buses) got the treatment of essentially a white bus with the current logo.

Saw 3 wrapped buses today on the south side:  6186, 6218, and 6179.  6186 looked by far the worst.  I didn't get a picture of it, but if you look at the front turn signals, they are not covered.  The other 2 buses didn't look like that.  It also looked in spots that the wrapping was coming off.  I wonder if this was one of the first buses that was wrapped when South first started doing it.  

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, jesi2282 said:

Introducing the new Wrigley Field Express wrap design. (Bus 6447)

I figured something was necessary after the 6000s were sent the showers by the ump.

More legible than prior versions. But what's that donut shaped thing under the batter's eye?xD

2 hours ago, strictures said:

I just saw a new Pace wrap in Skokie today around 5:30 PM. It read something about avoiding construction delays & take Pace. It came across the intersection too fast to get a photo & I couldn't follow it to try.

I might have seen the same at Golf Mill on bus 6450. It was by then too dark to make out fully, but there was a lot of automobiles  pattern on the side, and  a large pacebus.com and 847-364-PACE on the back.

3 hours ago, strictures said:

I just saw a new Pace wrap in Skokie today around 5:30 PM. It read something about avoiding construction delays & take Pace. It came across the intersection too fast to get a photo & I couldn't follow it to try.

34 minutes ago, Busjack said:

I might have seen the same at Golf Mill on bus 6450. It was by then too dark to make out fully, but there was a lot of automobiles  pattern on the side, and  a large pacebus.com and 847-364-PACE on the back.

Does it look something like this? I copied the image from this page.

pace x.jpg

• 1 month later...