Pulse (Milwaukee Avenue Route)

Tcmetro

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

I was going to mention this yesterday and totally forgot. According to the Nadig Northwest Side Press (Aug 24th edition) Pulse is slated to get started with construction early next month on Milwaukee. Path Construction is awarded the construction contract. Here's the link

http://nadignewspapers.com/2017/08/25/work-on-pulse-bus-line-stations-may-begin-soon/

Sounds from  that, service will be delayed another 6 months.

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

I wonder if the city's going to need new stoplights. The old ones can't tsp only the yellow suburban ones are capable.

One would assume that was part of the grant. We'll have to see.

BTW, has the TSP on Western and  Ashland  been completed?

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just received an e-mail with public hearing dates.The official notice, with more details, is here.

The one new thing in that notice is that the proposed 270 is to run only once an hour, including during rush period. Previously, they said half an hour.

1 hour ago, west towns said:

Expected shift

That could be. That and cutting 210 indicates Glenbrook Hospital isn't generating the ridership. The consultant admitted it.

In that they had my email address indicates they still have my suggestion to kill 270 and put community transit on the part north of Golf Mill, and equally that Pace won't do it. At the time, the consultant told me that they would have to hold a public hearing to kill 270, but they are now holding a public hearing anyway.

The only real relevance is that, in support of my idea, I told the consultant that a rider between Golf Mill and Jeff Pk wasn't going to wait 20 minutes for a local bus to avoid walking 2 blocks. Under this proposal, could be something like 55. Hence, as far as "expected shift," I still think 270 is going to be killed eventually, especially since the Niles Free Bus provides somewhat parallel "last mile" service.

• 2 weeks later...

Another thing I just noticed in the Public Hearing Notice:

Route 270 'B' trips that operate select weekday trips via Sanders-Willow-Pfingsten are proposed to be eliminated.

That sentence is not in other versions of the notice.

I had previously noted the bus stop sign overload on this stretch before 270 went posted stops only, and it looks like people at Allstate aren't boarding on Sanders Road.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm surprised at how slow moving this line is. Many of the stations haven't started construction at all. Those that have started only seem to have new curbs poured, and little to no platform work, aside from subsurface aggregate. 

I wonder if construction is going to ramp up this season or be pushed out to next year. 

2 hours ago, Tcmetro said:

I'm surprised at how slow moving this line is. Many of the stations haven't started construction at all. Those that have started only seem to have new curbs poured, and little to no platform work, aside from subsurface aggregate. 

I wonder if construction is going to ramp up this season or be pushed out to next year. 

The only progress I recently saw at Golf Mill appeared to be some electrical boxes going in.

Only thing new at the Aug. Board meeting (at about :46) is that it will open when "construction is completed some time next year."

Nothing said of the outcome of the hearings other than "it will enter into the operating plan."

53 minutes ago, Tcmetro said:

I'm surprised about the logistical issues with upgrading a handful of bus stops. 

Par for the course with public works however. 

I would have thought it would have been further along, such as that they said that the contractor was just getting around to fabricating the sign columns.

There were some additional things that we should have expected, like putting concrete pads in the street by the bus stops, but construction seems to be "progressing" more slowly than first represented.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...