Pulse (Milwaukee Avenue Route)

Tcmetro

13 hours ago, Dawnlight said:

tbh, I still see PML as Pace Route "X270". That being said, I strongly disagree with the new Pace 270 schedule. While I noticed that 270 now has extended nightly service to Glenbrook Hospital, I can definitely see the hourly service on 270 to be an issue for those who are too far away by foot from a Pulse station. That's really going to stink for people like Notre Dame High School students who now has to wait up to an hour for a 270 to get to school or walk half a dozen blocks to a Pulse station. I won't be surprised if they revised the 270 schedule to 30 minutes.

I think it should be every 30 minutes to Golf Mill/Glenbrook Hospital during rush hrs and 30 minutes to Golf Mill and 60 to Glenbrook all other times from Jefferson Park.

LOL! Right now! CTA5750 or "SHE"!!! Is biking to work! LOL!!!   Trying to stay off Metra for a while!  I may just suck it up and ride my bike to Jeff Pk so I can continue taking the Blue line. Thats my only other alternative  

On 8/14/2019 at 12:37 AM, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Take all the guesses you guys want pace is not moving the schedule around due to low feedbacks for the new schedule 

Lol. It's only 4 or 5 days into the new schedule. I'm sure no one was implying Pace to change the 270 schedule right now. We are aware there is a process that Pace has to evaluates ridership patterns of passengers on who rides what to where, during peak and off peak times, if 30 minutes headway would be needed past Golf Mill during rush hours and other dynamics to see if a change or improvement is needed. So like everyone else, we will see if the 270 will be changed by  the winter pick.

On 8/12/2019 at 7:59 PM, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Whoever wants to ride pulse this week I recommend not to because they are stopping at every stop ONLY this week so everybody can know about the pulse express 

Not true. Caught Pulse yesterday only stopped at Pulse stops. Northbound Pulse stations are in place in Niles but buses not stopping at them yet. Looked like Pulse stations southbound were open. At Golf Mill all services (except Niles Free Bus) stop at the Pulse station.

2 hours ago, busfan2847 said:

Not true. Caught Pulse yesterday only stopped at Pulse stops. Northbound Pulse stations are in place in Niles but buses not stopping at them yet. Looked like Pulse stations southbound were open. At Golf Mill all services (except Niles Free Bus) stop at the Pulse station.

Idk if it’s true actually there is a Pace worker at Jefferson park this whole week telling pulse drivers and passengers for 270 that the pulse will stop at every stop (even local) only this week but as far as I saw I rode pulse yesterday to and the driver didn’t care he only stopped at pulse stations 

1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Idk if it’s true actually there is a Pace worker at Jefferson park this whole week telling pulse drivers and passengers for 270 that the pulse will stop at every stop (even local) only this week but as far as I saw I rode pulse yesterday to and the driver didn’t care he only stopped at pulse stations 

That Pace worker is a supervisor.

I rode Pulse on Tuesday and it was making all stops.  There was one lady who complained to the supervisor there was a driver that morning that didn't care and made the Pulse stops only.

I talked to the driver of my run and she didn't agree either about making all local stops.  I can agree too cause everyone had a whole YEAR to prepare for Pulse.

Also, is the Transit Signal Priority system not activated yet?  I sat in front mainly to check it out if it works and didn't notice the lights changing green or staying longer in green when the bus approached the intersection.  

As a matter of fact, at one intersection it was green and when the bus arrived it turned red!

1 minute ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

That Pace worker is a supervisor.

I rode Pulse on Tuesday and it was making all stops.  There was one lady who complained to the supervisor there was a driver that morning that didn't care and made the Pulse stops only.

I talked to the driver of my run and she didn't agree either about making all local stops.  I can agree too cause everyone had a whole YEAR to prepare for Pulse.

Also, is the Transit Signal Priority system not activated yet?  I sat in front mainly to check it out if it works and didn't notice the lights changing green or staying longer in green when the bus approached the intersection.  

As a matter of fact, at one intersection it was green and when the bus arrived it turned red!

The supervisor wasn't at Jefferson Park yesterday. Only stopped at Pulse stops and the Transit Signal Priority does not seem to be working.

Driver told someone at Jefferson Park that if she wanted the 270 it was operating once an hour and she would have to wait for 45 minutes.

2 hours ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

Pulse just started give it about a week or 2 ?

2 hours ago, busfan2847 said:

The supervisor wasn't at Jefferson Park yesterday. Only stopped at Pulse stops and the Transit Signal Priority does not seem to be working.

Driver told someone at Jefferson Park that if she wanted the 270 it was operating once an hour and she would have to wait for 45 minutes.

The dude ain’t there today either 

Almost every project is not 100% complete on opening.   Metra NC service started With many stations not finished some not even in construction  Prospect Heights and OHare come to mind.  both had platforms but no station building.     PH station was one of the stores in the strip mall.   Is 100% the new standard?

3 hours ago, west towns said:

Almost every project is not 100% complete on opening.   Metra NC service started With many stations not finished some not even in construction  Prospect Heights and OHare come to mind.  both had platforms but no station building.     PH station was one of the stores in the strip mall.   Is 100% the new standard?

It should be. It's not like this project was done in phases I'm willing to give leeway to the train stations, but @chicagocubs6323 & @andrethebusman are correct, they've had more than enough time to at least have all the stations completed, TSP aside. I'd be more forgiving if they released a statement that said TSP isn't working/currently undergoing testing/etc but we don't even have that

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, west towns said:

why does metra get a pass on stations your logic doesnt make sense  a station is a station rather rail or bus.  why wait if almost ready to go passengers want the service and not have to be perfect

In regards to Metra, I didn't know if the buildings were outbound or inbound, so I assumed outbound, in which case I don't mind them not being finished as quickly, because they're less likely to be used as opposed to inbound shelters. That said, if it's one building for both platforms, then yes, it something that should be finished when service starts. Bus shelters aren't as rigid in terms of commuting patterns, and in the case of Pulse, especially not when there are traffic generators at either end of the line.

Overall, my issue with Pulse specifically is that there has been time to have the shelters ready and TSP (an advertised feature!) in place. I've seen no word so far that something is not working or anything along those lines (I'm happy to be wrong here), so there's no plausible reason why the full line, with everything as advertised, isn't actually complete.