Metra Electric in Train Simulator 2015

nlewis7000

​in the simulator, I selected the M8s because they run excellent (read challenging). because there are no Chicago specific equipment available as of yet, I use what I have. so I have to cut out the ATC. I noted it for those readers who may not be familiar with TS 2015. :)

​Also, if you ever get a Nippon Sharyo car, the perspective will have to be from the upper level, since that's where the cab is.

Wow, very nice! Also, welcome to the forums :)

You've added quite a lot more scenery than I have...looks great! Maybe I'll work on my CTA route today.

​thank you! I have a LOT of scenery to go! that, as you know is the hardest and most time consuming thing about route building.

• Upvote 2

​Also, if you ever get a Nippon Sharyo car, the perspective will have to be from the upper level, since that's where the cab is.

​yes, this is true. I am working on a bilevel model for the Metra Electric.

​here are the cars I am working on for the Metra Electric, as well as the standard Metra Cars.

67017_528903630519696_1912203117_n[1].jpg

11081140_800678193342237_2073563105033791783_n[1].jpg

Edited by nlewis7000
  • Upvote 2

​Train numbers. 100s are most of the time to and from University Park. 700s are zone trains during rush hour to or from University Park, Flossmoor, or Harvey. Timetable

Looks pretty good....

Basic Breakdown

​100 - University Park (most run express Museum Campus-55/56/56-Kensington and all stops to UP)

200 - Blue Island (Downtown stops to Museum Campus, flag Mc Cormick Place, 55/56/57, all local stops 63rd-Kensington and Blue Island Branch (night trains loop BI-Kensington and meet mainline trains M-SA)

300- South Chicago - all local stops to 59th street, all stops South Chicago Branch (night trains loop 93rd-63rd and meet mainline trains M-SA)

400- South Chicago (Rush Hour) - Same as 300 except no flag stops at 18th and 47th

500- Blue Island (Rush Hour) - Same as 200 except most have limited or no local flag service Kensington - 55/56/57.

600 - Kensington Local (Rush Hour) - Local rush hour service Millenium-Kensington

700 - University Park Zone (Rush Hour) - Downtown stops, 55/56/57, Kensington (some will skip), all stops Olympia Fields - UP

730 - Flossmoor Zone (Rush Hour) - Same as 700 except makes all stops Hazel Crest-Flossmoor then DH to yard at Richton Park (OB)

750 - Harvey Zone (Rush Hour) - Same as 700 except makes all stops Kensington-Harvey, then DH to yard at Richton Park

800 - Sunday UP mainline....all stops (regular and flag) Millenium-UP

8300- Sunday South Chicago...all stops (regular and flag) Millenium-South Chicago

Front looks close, compare to this.

The roof is lower at the pantograph, and no windows on the upper level, compare to this.

Also, looks like no windows by the washroom (ahead of the center door on odd cars)

​yes, you are correct. when I get my new 3ds max, I will be changing that. thanks for the info. :)

Edited by nlewis7000

Looks pretty good....

Basic Breakdown

​100 - University Park (most run express Museum Campus-55/56/56-Kensington and all stops to UP)

200 - Blue Island (Downtown stops to Museum Campus, flag Mc Cormick Place, 55/56/57, all local stops 63rd-Kensington and Blue Island Branch (night trains loop BI-Kensington and meet mainline trains M-SA)

300- South Chicago - all local stops to 59th street, all stops South Chicago Branch (night trains loop 93rd-63rd and meet mainline trains M-SA)

400- South Chicago (Rush Hour) - Same as 300 except no flag stops at 18th and 47th

500- Blue Island (Rush Hour) - Same as 200 except most have limited or no local flag service Kensington - 55/56/57.

600 - Kensington Local (Rush Hour) - Local rush hour service Millenium-Kensington

700 - University Park Zone (Rush Hour) - Downtown stops, 55/56/57, Kensington (some will skip), all stops Olympia Fields - UP

730 - Flossmoor Zone (Rush Hour) - Same as 700 except makes all stops Hazel Crest-Flossmoor then DH to yard at Richton Park (OB)

750 - Harvey Zone (Rush Hour) - Same as 700 except makes all stops Kensington-Harvey, then DH to yard at Richton Park

800 - Sunday UP mainline....all stops (regular and flag) Millenium-UP

8300- Sunday South Chicago...all stops (regular and flag) Millenium-South Chicago

​thank you, that is good information. and thank you for the compliment.

​Looks like Homewood !

​That's what the text said at the top.

Maybe more significant is that normal Googling only shows the early set of deliveries; apparently the second order (1227 up) wasn't of much interest.