Coming Soon: The Racetrack Aurora - Chicago On TS2015

BusHunter

In the racetrack they roll past my favorite store Walmarket!! BTW, they say cab cars are based on the #8500's.

I didn't catch that one until I clicked through to the album. I would have thought 'Greens.

Also, clicking through that album, they have the blue panel for the Metra logo, but it is blank.

More pictures at this link, including an interview with Chicago and Southwest Productions. We get to see the interior of the Metra bi level car.

http://www.engine-driver.com/article/show/11558/the-racetrack-aurora-to-chicago-meet-the-developers

Thanks for posting! I really liked this guy's interview, and the pictures look great as well. I hope that the trains are also RailDriver compatible.

More pictures at this link, including an interview with Chicago and Southwest Productions. We get to see the interior of the Metra bi level car.

http://www.engine-driver.com/article/show/11558/the-racetrack-aurora-to-chicago-meet-the-developers

I didn't catch that one until I clicked through to the album. I would have thought 'Greens.

Also, clicking through that album, they have the blue panel for the Metra logo, but it is blank.

Note in the interview what he said about licensing.

I hope this link works. It's a guy previewing the route and he posted his thoughts and the route on Twitch.

Unfortunately it seems that the F40PHs don't have the HEP mode implemented, so their RPM changes depending on the throttle position. Again, I hope the link works so you can see for yourself.

It works, i like how you can preview both bi level decks of the cars. Must be really close to release if we're already seeing twitch streams.

Edited by BusHunter

It works, i like how you can preview both bi level decks of the cars. Must be really close to release if we're already seeing twitch streams.

Yeah, viewing both decks on the train is a nice touch. Most likely I will buy the route when it comes out, hopefully next week. I'll provide my thoughts on the route when I can.

The Racetrack Aurora to Chicago has just been released.

http://railsimulator.com/

Got it and ran a train on it when I got home! I love it, even without the Metra titles. The locomotives still have their names and numbers. It's finally good to have a route in an area I can recognize. I did an all stop run from Naperville to Union Station, an express from Union Station to Downers Grove (and all stops after to Aurora), and an express from Brookfield and Hollywood to Union Station. Everything is really accurate too. Pulling into Union Station is very satisfying. Also, my previous statement below...

...Unfortunately it seems that the F40PHs don't have the HEP mode implemented, so their RPM changes depending on the throttle position...

...is partially wrong. They added the HEP mode, but I haven't figured out how to activate it in the cab car, only the locomotive.

• Upvote 2

I bought it this morning. The first scenario from leaving from Union Station to Hinsdale local I thought was pretty hard. If you fall behind like I did, it's damn near impossible to catch up. There's no room for error. The second scenario from Hinsdale to Aurora was much easier.

Can't use it while under suspension.

It's bs because my class 170 and 180 along with Edinburgh - Glasgow Route were removed along with three other games that's irrelevant to this topic.

2015-08-14 21.29.18.jpg

Try contacting steam again and explaining your situation. Try to reach a supervisor if you can.

Try contacting steam again and explaining your situation. Try to reach a supervisor if you can.

The downfall about this is you can't contact them via telephone (also bs). You have to make to make a Steam Support Account (under the Help column) in order to contact them. I've contacted them 3 times already and all they can say that they didn't get the funds back from Chase in order for the suspension to be lifted before August 31st. It's really inconvenient and pathetic that you can't call them because they don't have customer support number. All the money this company makes and they can't have customer support via telephone??? :|

The downfall about this is you can't contact them via telephone (also bs). You have to make to make a Steam Support Account (under the Help column) in order to contact them. I've contacted them 3 times already and all they can say that they didn't get the funds back from Chase in order for the suspension to be lifted before August 31st. It's really inconvenient and pathetic that you can't call them because they don't have customer support number. All the money this company makes and they can't have customer support via telephone??? :|

In the future, just use Steam gift cards. That way, there's no misunderstandings in the future.

Well I got the racetrack earlier today, it's pretty good. I saw some landmarks myself that I recognized. The best part is the turn up into Union Station. It looks really good with the buildings. I was LMAO at Whose Food market. I guess they won't be getting any endorsements. They could have called it hole foods market, it sounds the same but maybe it's too degrading.

I learned of a repaint for the Metra engines and cars that puts the Metra logo on there if you guys are interested. I tried it, it works. It even puts Metra logos on the station stop signs. It's kind of tricky to install. I couldn't install it following the directions.  You have to download it open it up until you see the texturesCMT file. That's a zip file. Click on that, I'm using 7-zip BTW, then it shows you the file list it extracts. Ok now stop right there. Open up a second window where your Chicago to Aurora is installed, find the assets/barnez/bnsfchicago file. There is a BNSFChicagoAssetsSystem file that's an AP file. Open that up with 7-zip. It shows you a file list of that zip file.  Click on system, click on textures, you should now be at Barnez/BNSFChicago/BNSFChicagoAssetSystems.ap/system/texturescmt on your second window. Extract that texturesCMT file the same as you did the first. Go to the first window take your cursor and highlight that entire list and replace the second windows extracted list and your done.

Before you do this though make sure you copy your steam barnez asset file somewhere in case you goofed somewhere. Now i don't know if Steam with restore your files and take away the repaint or it will leave it alone, but it's a legal free repaint as long as you don't sell it, it's not illegal. Here is the link enjoy it!!:D

http:// https://yadi.sk/d/5OcWCPvCiTgJY

Edited by BusHunter
  • Upvote 1

...I learned of a repaint for the Metra engines and cars that puts the Metra logo on there if you guys are interested. I tried it, it works. It even puts Metra logos on the station stop signs. It's kind of tricky to install. I couldn't install it following the directions...

I actually downloaded a mod for the Metro North M8s a few days before the Metra route came out. It gave the train sets more accurate traction motor sounds (not based off of the Class 395 anymore!), accurate door sounds, and a better horn sound that stops sounding the horn when you release the horn command instead of ending on its own. I'm really happy with the sound pack, and the fact that you can mod TS2015.

Yes, you do have to navigate your way through the game files, but it's totally worth it!

• Upvote 1