CTA in Train Simulator

briman94

Download link is up! Let me know if something doesn't work with the distribution. It should work fine, but I've only tested it on one other computer. I'll post new versions every time I finish a major segment of the system. The current version (v1.0) contains the entire Brown Line as well as the Red Line between Belmont and Jackson (the Red Line is at ground level during construction, so you need to get into it using the siding south of Armitage...). Enjoy!

Don't know if I installed right..... Getting some error messages at free roam start-up

It sounds like it! I think the Yellow Line will be the easiest line to make LOL.

LOL I would have to agree. I've actually made it once before, but I used Brighton Main Line tracks instead of New York tracks and I didn't get the layout right.

Don't know if I installed right..... Getting some error messages at free roam start-up

What are the exact error messages? Do you have Brighton Main Line and New York New Haven installed? They should be included with 2015 but I'm not sure.

Does anybody know where I could find a speed limit map of the system? I know where the Slow Zone maps are but I would prefer to have the full speed limit map. I was able to figure some of the Brown Line speed limits out by riding it the other day, but it's too hard to see the signs in the subway and there aren't always signs when the speed changes anyways (the ATC system just yells at the driver).

Does anybody know where I could find a speed limit map of the system? I know where the Slow Zone maps are but I would prefer to have the full speed limit map. I was able to figure some of the Brown Line speed limits out by riding it the other day, but it's too hard to see the signs in the subway and there aren't always signs when the speed changes anyways (the ATC system just yells at the driver).

Unfortunately I think you'd have to ride all of the lines in both directions. I believe that Tower 18 has a 25 MPH or 35 MPH speed limit if you're going straight, and 10 MPH if you're turning. 10 MPH probably also applies to the curves in the Loop.

Unfortunately I think you'd have to ride all of the lines in both directions. I believe that Tower 18 has a 25 MPH or 35 MPH speed limit if you're going straight, and 10 MPH if you're turning. 10 MPH probably also applies to the curves in the Loop.

I've actually ridden every line to every terminal except West 63rd, but the trains never go the full speed limit (everybody knows that!) and my phone GPS is very slow to pick up my current speed so it wouldn't be accurate. I thought the signs in the loop said 35MPH straight and 15 turning, but I could be wrong. I couldn't take the brown line today because the CTA is terrible at managing single track operations and I was late for work, but I might take it home.

P1110038-1.jpg

My good wishes for your endeavor. Sorry that some people took my questions the wrong way. I enjoy working a Japanese driving game but when I work it like a CTA motorman I never score well.

DH

Thanks for the picture...I've had the straight set to 35 and the curves set to 15 but I'll make that fix.

Any updates to the "L" system in Train Simulator?

I just put some finishing touches on the track for the Brown Line and fine-tuned the physics on the rail vehicles (tilt suspension was way tighter than the 'L' so going around tight superelevated curves was a bit rough). I'll be working on the North Side Elevated next.

Really? They look good on my laptop (Macbook Pro) and the Alienwares at my school. Did you turn them up in the settings?

I had it on high even though some sources said to set it on lowest. I've tried using "GameBooster" and overclocking the CPU (very dangerous if you don't know what the hell are you doing) but no luck. I don't think my laptop is compatible with it despite having Intel Premium CPU B980 @ 2.40 GHz and my RAM is 4GB. Alienware has an extraordinary advantages when it comes to gaming but I can't afford it.

I had it on high even though some sources said to set it on lowest. I've tried using "GameBooster" and overclocking the CPU (very dangerous if you don't know what the hell are you doing) but no luck. I don't think my laptop is compatible with it despite having Intel Premium CPU B980 @ 2.40 GHz and my RAM is 4GB. Alienware has an extraordinary advantages when it comes to gaming but I can't afford it.

Interesting. Oh well...there's not much to look pretty on my route anyways (not yet at least!) :P

• Upvote 1

TS2015 is Windows-only, correct?

Correct.

It's a bit intensive at best. On a high end desktop, it lagged on one of the routes, even with 12 GB of RAM and a hex-core CPU. I also ran it on my gaming laptop with a program that measures the temperature of the graphics card (the laptop had been having problems with the graphics card, so I have been monitoring it after repairs). The temperature reaches about 75 Celsius, or 167 Fahrenheit normally. The highest I've seen it go was 77 Celsius, the hottest any game has made it go, and specs for the graphics card say it will shut down at 100 Celsius.

I run Bootcamp. It actually works quite nicely for gaming!

Provided that both the host computer and your computer you are using are running, you can also stream it if you have the Steam version (which I do, so I do stream it).

Correct.

It's a bit intensive at best. On a high end desktop, it lagged on one of the routes, even with 12 GB of RAM and a hex-core CPU. I also ran it on my gaming laptop with a program that measures the temperature of the graphics card (the laptop had been having problems with the graphics card, so I have been monitoring it after repairs). The temperature reaches about 75 Celsius, or 167 Fahrenheit normally. The highest I've seen it go was 77 Celsius, the hottest any game has made it go, and specs for the graphics card say it will shut down at 100 Celsius.

Provided that both the host computer and your computer you are using are running, you can also stream it if you have the Steam version (which I do, so I do stream it).

Really? I didn't know you could stream it. Regarding temperature, my laptop regularly reaches 90 celsius while playing. If I don't have it on a flat, hard surface, it starts lagging because the GPU gets too hot.

Really? I didn't know you could stream it. Regarding temperature, my laptop regularly reaches 90 celsius while playing. If I don't have it on a flat, hard surface, it starts lagging because the GPU gets too hot.

Yeah, streaming can be helpful especially when I'm on my Mac. My Windows laptop doesn't seem to lag, but it previously would overheat and shut down due to a faulty part (I got that fixed). I also use a USB cooling fan whenever I can bring it.

Correct.

This is the only game that made my laptop nearly 95 degrees Celsius. I play Stepmania (or DDR in which most people prefer) and I rarely see it make my computer go past 70 degrees Celsius.