CTA in Train Simulator

briman94

It looks awesome! How many lines do you still have to make?

I have to finish the Red Line (oh goodness...the Howard yard is going to be the bane of my existence), then I'll probably do the Yellow/Purple lines (both are pretty short so it won't take long), Green Line, Pink Line, and then finish with the Blue Line.

I have to finish the Red Line (oh goodness...the Howard yard is going to be the bane of my existence), then I'll probably do the Yellow/Purple lines (both are pretty short so it won't take long), Green Line, Pink Line, and then finish with the Blue Line.

I don't know... I think the Dan Ryan portion of the Red Line might be up there along with the Howard Yard difficulty. The Green Line has that one stop that is covered(I think 35th-Bronzeville-IIT?), so that might be interesting when you later detail the maps more.

Het briman how can I see your videos are they on YouTube? I would love to see the progressions you've made as well.

Are there any drivers here (or does anybody know one) who can tell me approximately how fast a 5000 reaches 40MPH and 55MPH? I'm trying to fine-tune the physics and it seems like it's reaching top speed a little too quickly. Zero-speed acceleration is perfect, but I'm not sure how quickly it drops off at high speeds.

Got my first custom scenery object in the game! Unfortunately I can't get the custom train model to work right. More troubleshooting tomorrow, I guess...

cFqQv.png

Just for you, briman94...

Rail Line(s) Affected: Brown, Green, Orange, Purple, Pink

Level Of Service Interruption: Service Disrupted

Information: Trains are standing due to a mechanical problem on a train at Adams/Wabash. <_<^_^:lol:

• Upvote 2

Just for you, briman94...

Rail Line(s) Affected: Brown, Green, Orange, Purple, Pink

Level Of Service Interruption: Service Disrupted

Information: Trains are standing due to a mechanical problem on a train at Adams/Wabash. <_<^_^:lol:

Woops...I might have accidentally dropped a sign or two.

How is the progress so far?

Pretty good so far. I just started Lake Street Elevated a couple days ago, including a very small portion of the Paulina connector. I have finals coming up in about a week so things are slowing down, but after that I should have plenty of time to work on it.

Pretty good so far. I just started Lake Street Elevated a couple days ago, including a very small portion of the Paulina connector. I have finals coming up in about a week so things are slowing down, but after that I should have plenty of time to work on it.

Cool! How far are you on the actual train car designs? What series is it?

Cool! How far are you on the actual train car designs? What series is it?

I'm making the 5000s first, followed by the 3200s and then the 2600s. I have a very basic model done. It has the general shape of the body, the driver's console (but no controls), and the ribbed exterior. The only problem is that I can't seem to get it to show up in-game, so for now I'm still using the modified Class 377 with accurate 5000-series physics and sounds.

I'm making the 5000s first, followed by the 3200s and then the 2600s. I have a very basic model done. It has the general shape of the body, the driver's console (but no controls), and the ribbed exterior. The only problem is that I can't seem to get it to show up in-game, so for now I'm still using the modified Class 377 with accurate 5000-series physics and sounds.

Just curious can you run express in Train Simulator?

Just curious can you run express in Train Simulator?

Required station stops are determined by the scenario, so you could very easily make a scenario that skipped stopping at some stations, or if you're just Free Roaming, you can freely stop (or not stop) at whichever stations you wish. I'll definitely make a way to change the signs to "Express" once I get my 5000 model in the game.

• 4 weeks later...