Coming Soon: The Racetrack Aurora - Chicago On TS2015

BusHunter

I actually downloaded a mod for the Metro North M8s a few days before the Metra route came out. It gave the train sets more accurate traction motor sounds (not based off of the Class 395 anymore!), accurate door sounds, and a better horn sound that stops sounding the horn when you release the horn command instead of ending on its own. I'm really happy with the sound pack, and the fact that you can mod TS2015.

Yes, you do have to navigate your way through the game files, but it's totally worth it!

Hey there :)

I am the developer of that freeware mod to the M8 (and many other mods to other DLC for this game). I am here to shamelessly promote my Metra Mods :P They really do improve the operational physics of the rolling stock, in my opinion. Have a gander:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCddnGgME_Q

-^Physics mod (bell and door sound mod NOT applied in this video):  http://www.mediafire.com/download/e3bu04itvkh7w13/Barnez_TS2015_Metra_EMD_F40PH_%26_Gallery_Cab_Car_Physics_Mod_Pack.rar

- ^Preliminary bell sound & door chime mod (physics mod applied in this preview video):  http://www.mediafire.com/download/wll73d4ggz7c0am/Barnez_TS2015_Metra_EMD_F40PH_%26_Gallery_Cab_Car_Bell_%26_Door_Mod_Pack.rar

Make sure you read the incredibly detailed readme files for installation information, user functionality, and details on what exactly is changed in these mods. Hope you guys enjoy :)

Edited by Fan Railer
  • Upvote 1

I am the developer of that freeware mod to the M8 (and many other mods to other DLC for this game). I am here to shamelessly promote my Metra Mods :P They really do improve the operational physics of the rolling stock, in my opinion. Have a gander...

Make sure you read the incredibly detailed readme files for installation information, user functionality, and details on what exactly is changed in these mods. Hope you guys enjoy :)

Hi! I downloaded the M8 mods off of your Youtube video showing them. Thanks for providing them! They really breathe new life into the M8 and make it a pleasure to drive again.

I will download the Metra mods when they are progressed further along, but I really like where they are right now. I'm looking forward to downloading the physics mod since the train seems way off by default. And as a occasional rider of Metra, I really like the bell and door mod.

Hi! I downloaded the M8 mods off of your Youtube video showing them. Thanks for providing them! They really breathe new life into the M8 and make it a pleasure to drive again.

I will download the Metra mods when they are progressed further along, but I really like where they are right now. I'm looking forward to downloading the physics mod since the train seems way off by default. And as a occasional rider of Metra, I really like the bell and door mod.

The only thing that's really left to fix in the physics mod is to correct the brake gauges and return the brake pipe pressure back to 90 psi. Otherwise, everything else for that mod is done. Someone else is working on swapping out more sounds (like replacing the 645 sounds in the locomotive, and cab control sounds). I'll keep you guys posted on the progress.

• Upvote 1

The only thing that's really left to fix in the physics mod is to correct the brake gauges and return the brake pipe pressure back to 90 psi. Otherwise, everything else for that mod is done. Someone else is working on swapping out more sounds (like replacing the 645 sounds in the locomotive, and cab control sounds). I'll keep you guys posted on the progress.

Sounds good. Thanks for the update.

I am the developer of that freeware mod to the M8 (and many other mods to other DLC for this game). I am here to shamelessly promote my Metra Mods :P They really do improve the operational physics of the rolling stock, in my opinion. Have a gander:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCddnGgME_Q

-^Physics mod (bell and door sound mod NOT applied in this video):  http://www.mediafire.com/download/e3bu04itvkh7w13/Barnez_TS2015_Metra_EMD_F40PH_%26_Gallery_Cab_Car_Physics_Mod_Pack.rar

- ^Preliminary bell sound & door chime mod (physics mod applied in this preview video):  http://www.mediafire.com/download/wll73d4ggz7c0am/Barnez_TS2015_Metra_EMD_F40PH_%26_Gallery_Cab_Car_Bell_%26_Door_Mod_Pack.rar

Welcome aboard, and well done!

Found one of a few bugs on this route. Hopefully they fix it soon. Another thought, something isn't adding up because I seriously thought the speed limit between LaGrange and Route 59 is 79 mph not 70. Also, they made California Station a non-island platform station. I was disappointed when they didn't create the BNSF 700s and 8100s cars even though they did make 7400s cars along with Union Pacific/SWS 8400s cab cars. Other than that, they did a pretty good job, especially the DuPage Children's Museum and Aurora.

Screenshot_The Racetrack - Aurora to Chicago_41.85928--87.66866_09-02-27.jpg

Screenshot_The Racetrack - Aurora to Chicago_41.85433--87.70016_09-01-06.jpg

Screenshot_The Racetrack - Aurora to Chicago_41.85426--87.69614_09-01-18.jpg

Screenshot_The Racetrack - Aurora to Chicago_41.81883--87.85670_08-53-57.jpg

Screenshot_The Racetrack - Aurora to Chicago_41.81534--87.87209_08-53-11.jpg

Screenshot_The Racetrack - Aurora to Chicago_41.80281--87.92950_08-51-27.jpg

• 1 month later...

Did someone say New Jersey Transit?

Please note that the initial release versions on steam for both the NJCL and F40PH-2CAT are buggy and inaccurate. If you do purchase it now, please keep in mind that post-release DLC patches are probably in order in the next few weeks or so. If you choose to wait to purchase until the bug fixes have been applied, I won't judge you lol. I will post a separate mod-release video later this week. Still ironing out some last minute issues myself.

Please note that the initial release versions on steam for both the NJCL and F40PH-2CAT are buggy and inaccurate. If you do purchase it now, please keep in mind that post-release DLC patches are probably in order in the next few weeks or so. If you choose to wait to purchase until the bug fixes have been applied, I won't judge you lol. I will post a separate mod-release video later this week. Still ironing out some last minute issues myself.

I'd go on a limb and also mention that it's only available on TS2016, which means you'd have to upgrade from 14 or 15.

I'd go on a limb and also mention that it's only available on TS2016, which means you'd have to upgrade from 14 or 15.

I'm surprised they didn't combine this route with Amtrak Northeast Corridor. Hell, New York to Washington would've been F'ing nice! B|

I'm surprised they didn't combine this route with Amtrak Northeast Corridor. Hell, New York to Washington would've been F'ing nice! B|

Those are two separate routes, because of (1) Hoboken, and (2) North Coast serves a different market (South of Rahway/Elizabeth). However, you could use the equipment on the Northeast Corridor Line (NY Penn to Trenton) and just say "look! TWO NJ Transit Lines!"

Edited by MetroShadow
  • Upvote 1

Those are two separate routes, because of (1) Hoboken, and (2) North Coast serves a different market (South of Rahway/Elizabeth). However, you could use the equipment on the Northeast Corridor Line (NY Penn to Trenton) and just say "look! TWO NJ Transit Lines!"

Ha! xD What I meant to say is have the NEC route from New York to Washington.

heck, we could have an entire subforum for simulators!

I tried but all hell broke lose... :(

When Garmon combined everything into one simulator topic, there were enough justifiable complaints that the way it was resolved was to bring back the separate topics but put a simulators tag on them.

Now, what I think Briman is requesting is similar to what I suggested in the interim--have a forum under Everything Else for Simulators, and then put separate topics for CTA bus, CTA L, Metra BNSF, Metra Electric, NJ, and any other thing that isn't real transit under that.

I also agree with MTRSP that NJ should have its own thread, starting with this post, and moving down (deleting the purely editorial comments).

Since simulators are not my personal cup of tea, I suppose that those of you who are interested in this use the Messenger to the Administrators (Kevin, MetroShadow and Garmon757) and state your preferences.

...I think we need to have a discussion where you've got your setup from. ???

In an effort to keep this thread on topic, I'll keep it short and sweet: It's an ASUS laptop with a P.I. Engineering Raildriver controller. B|

This thread has renewed my interest in the route. I guess I installed the Metra logo pack incorrectly, as my locomotives still don't have logos on them. I have a day off work tomorrow, so I'll try messing around with it then. That's what I like about Fan Railer's mods too: they're so easy to install. He gives clear instructions in the read-me documents he provides. I don't know who made the logo pack, but it's more complicated than Fan Railer's physics and sound pack.

When Garmon combined everything into one simulator topic, there were enough justifiable complaints that the way it was resolved was to bring back the separate topics but put a simulators tag on them.

Now, what I think Briman is requesting is similar to what I suggested in the interim--have a forum under Everything Else for Simulators, and then put separate topics for CTA bus, CTA L, Metra BNSF, Metra Electric, NJ, and any other thing that isn't real transit under that.

I also agree with MTRSP that NJ should have its own thread, starting with this post, and moving down (deleting the purely editorial comments).

Since simulators are not my personal cup of tea, I suppose that those of you who are interested in this use the Messenger to the Administrators (Kevin, MetroShadow and Garmon757) and state your preferences.

As sucks as it sounds, I'm not interested in rectifying this issue, especially Train Simulator because it's nonsense how it became a gigantic issue combining all TS routes into one main topic. Why do we need multiple topics if we're talking about the same f'ing game??? So therefore, I'm out.

It's alright to make a subforum just don't merge all the info into one thread. Or if the mods can't do that, (and it seems they can't) put all railsim topics in the everything else category keeping each topic it's separate entity. Rightfully that is where they belong if one is worried about being accurate on where each thread belongs.

There's too many routes now for them to all have their same thread, what with OMSI's Chicago map, The Racetrack, nlewis7000's Metra Electric route, NJCL, my CTA project, they wouldn't all fit in one thread. Especially for nlewis's and my projects where we require feedback and ongoing discussion, having other simulator routes amidst those would just be distracting.

• Upvote 1