New Flyer DE40LF 804 Out Of Service

ajay

38 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Why are 800-809 inoperable 

900-909 and 800-809 needed rehab. ISE went out of business, killing CTA's chances of rehabbing 900-909. I'm fairly certain 800-809 needed a rehab as well and (this is speculation) the cost of rehab might not have been worth it. Since the buses couldn't be sold as scrap as they hadn't met the minimum 12 year service requirement, they sit at shops. I speculate they're inoperable because they've been sitting for years at this point, I don't think any of them can just be driven off the lot and into revenue service.

5 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

900-909 and 800-809 needed rehab. ISE went out of business, killing CTA's chances of rehabbing 900-909. I'm fairly certain 800-809 needed a rehab as well and (this is speculation) the cost of rehab might not have been worth it. Since the buses couldn't be sold as scrap as they hadn't met the minimum 12 year service requirement, they sit at shops. I speculate they're inoperable because they've been sitting for years at this point, I don't think any of them can just be driven off the lot and into revenue service.

I mean if they were sitting for maybe 5-6 years SS can just replace the whole engine (guess)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ajay said:

Dont worry about it

I think everyone on this forum should know since you brought it up.  It can't be as bad as the guy who breaks into garages (but we won't go into that).

When you make a claim here, you provide PROOF.  You just don't say "this happened but I can't show you the proof so don't worry about it."  

804 is the only DE40LF in service.  Until you can prove to everyone that there is more than one DE40LF in service, your words are invalid.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

Okay I know for a fact that most of the 800's and 900s are at south shops awaiting to be hauled away for scrap while also being stripped for parts when needed, now as for Kedzie having 3 #800's sitting on there back fence I would need visual evidence to see for myself, what numbers were they,how was there condition, etc. Making claims of seeing XY and Z here requires some form of factual evidence to be presented here.  

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Okay I know for a fact that most of the 800's and 900s are at south shops awaiting to be hauled away for scrap while also being stripped for parts when needed, now as for Kedzie having 3 #800's sitting on there back fence I would need visual evidence to see for myself, what numbers were they,how was there condition, etc. Making claims of seeing XY and Z here requires some form of factual evidence to be presented here.  

Right I just went behind K Wednesday hitting side streets & the last bus that was sitting on the back gate was 6031 & that was back in 2012-13 after that it's just been the employee cars there they park their buses by the curb on the inside 

1 hour ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Drove behind K today & I didn't see any 800's sitting on the back gate idk why I didn't take a pic but I'll take one tommorow morning after I drop my daughter off at school cuz the last bus I seen sitting on the back gate was 6031- 6032 before it was just 31 & that was back in 2012-13 

6031-32???? What buses are those?