Pace New Flyer buses

Pace831

19 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

what about 20413? isn’t that pace superstitious number “13”? so it should be 20476

20413 does not exist, if you count 20401 to 20475, that gets you 75 buses, pretending 20413 exists and 20400 doesn’t. If 20400 exists and 20413 doesn’t, that’s still 75 buses.

3 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I think 20476 makes 75 buses.  I think the series started at 20401 and skips 20413, which would make 20476 the 75th bus.  So we need to look for 20477 to see where it lands.

#20400 is a Pace bus. Saw it in the tracker and in person. Was looking to see if there was something different about it cause that's the prototype but it looks the same.

21 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

#20400 is a Pace bus. Saw it in the tracker and in person. Was looking to see if there was something different about it cause that's the prototype but it looks the same.

I don't remember seeing it in person.     But I will say these buses make the Axxess buses look dated.   It would be nice if CTA would assign one of its new bus order options to Pace, assuming New Flyer wins the contract.   In the meantime,  we will see if 20476 comes to W or pops up at NW.

On 9/13/2020 at 10:25 PM, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

20400 has normal "Please move away from the doors" announcement unlike the other ones that have the "Please, do not stand in the rear door area" announcement.

I'm glad the NFs don't have the annoying "caution look both ways" and "bus is turning " announcements that are on the Axxess buses.

• Like 1

Just rode 20420.  This is the first New Flyer I noticed that the very first bank of lights on both sides of the bus were off while the bus was in motion and the doors closed.   When the operator opened the doors,  those lights came on, luke the other models.  Once the doors were closed,  the lights would go out after a 5 second delay.  I wonder if Pace is making this adjustment or New Flyer?

On 9/16/2020 at 8:12 PM, artthouwill said:

Just rode 20420.  This is the first New Flyer I noticed that the very first bank of lights on both sides of the bus were off while the bus was in motion and the doors closed.   When the operator opened the doors,  those lights came on, luke the other models.  Once the doors were closed,  the lights would go out after a 5 second delay.  I wonder if Pace is making this adjustment or New Flyer?

I took 20421 today, it had a similar issue. Only the first light bar on the left side was off when the bus was moving, but it turned on when the doors opened. 20407 does not have this issue as both sides of the first light are on while the doors are open and closed. The 5 second delay is present for the light on this bus, and I wonder what other buses have it. I rode 20407 last weekend and I didn't notice anything unusual (but I remember its history of it breaking down in May and being hit by a truck in July), and I rode it again today lol. There was an announcement playing on its red next-stop display sign, and when the doors opened while the announcement was playing, the sign cut out for half a second then it turned back on again. I don't recall it playing announcements while the doors opened last week but this was very odd indeed. The latest bus I rode with a dead security camera screen was 20405 back in July, didn't see any more of the dead camera screens after that.

On 9/20/2020 at 6:01 PM, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

I took 20421 today, it had a similar issue. Only the first light bar on the left side was off when the bus was moving, but it turned on when the doors opened. 20407 does not have this issue as both sides of the first light are on while the doors are open and closed. The 5 second delay is present for the light on this bus, and I wonder what other buses have it. I rode 20407 last weekend and I didn't notice anything unusual (but I remember its history of it breaking down in May and being hit by a truck in July), and I rode it again today lol. There was an announcement playing on its red next-stop display sign, and when the doors opened while the announcement was playing, the sign cut out for half a second then it turned back on again. I don't recall it playing announcements while the doors opened last week but this was very odd indeed. The latest bus I rode with a dead security camera screen was 20405 back in July, didn't see any more of the dead camera screens after that.

Actually this is a feature for the drivers if they want the light to be on when the doors are open only or on all the time. I looked at my previous videos and for my 20433 video on June 13, the light was on all the time. Looking at someone else’s 20433 ride vid from July 24, the light was off when the bus was in motion but when the doors opened the light turned on. So that isn’t an issue but it’s only the left side and the right side light was on all the time.

4 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

I think the other nine will also come to West, but we gotta find out

They dont need them but probably it's best to keep the same buses at the same garage. I think 10 eldos will be leaving west. I thought when they first got the nfs that they might be shifting away from Eldorado but with the continuing orders from Eldorado looks like they are more in the game than nf is. West has always been the garage with the different buses. The icarus 2200s, the grumman's in the 80s. and now this. 

• Like 1