Pace New Flyer buses

Pace831

On 6/13/2020 at 2:56 PM, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

I rode two of these for the first time today, 20433 and 20431. These buses do have a quiet engine and they do have turn signal clicks. These buses run smooth, and I noticed these buses didn't have those plastic barrier shields letting the operator have space, but they did use the rear door. I noticed the number inside the bus is hiding behind the next stop sign, and that was something that the Orions had too when they were still active. Both of the buses I rode entered service this month so that means they are brand new, they smelled good, and I also noticed that they have cameras showing the interior of these, similar to the ones they have on 6784 and 6785 right above the operator. I hope to get more of these real soon!

Do they sound like CTA new flyers? Maybe the 4333 range?

On 6/17/2020 at 3:41 PM, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Was that someones meal left on the seat???  If so, why is it that people cant pick up after themselves???  It pisses me off when people leave their trash on buses and trains!  

4 hours ago, CTA5750 said:

Was that someones meal left on the seat???  If so, why is it that people cant pick up after themselves???  It pisses me off when people leave their trash on buses and trains!  

There was someone sitting there and for some reason they thought it was a good idea to eat on the bus during a pandemic, but the guy did leave it next to him on the seat next to the seat I sat on.

15 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

There was someone sitting there and for some reason they thought it was a good idea to eat on the bus during a pandemic, but the guy did leave it next to him on the seat next to the seat I sat on.

I'm sure he would have loved to eat his meal INSIDE of a restaurant,  but that's not possible in Illinois.  Tennessee and Indiana don't have those restrictions.  It may have been someone who was ob his way to work or something.  

• Upvote 1

When I was a bus operator, I was always disgusted when someone would leave their Popeyes bag full of food scraps or chicken bones on the seat. I would be so irritated. I cant leave it on the seats for my next trip so I had no choice but to clean it up. But it would certainly piss me off!  When I worked at Pace that was never an issue.  

9 minutes ago, CTA5750 said:

When I was a bus operator, I was always disgusted when someone would leave their Popeyes bag full of food scraps or chicken bones on the seat. I would be so irritated. I cant leave it on the seats for my next trip so I had no choice but to clean it up. But it would certainly piss me off!  When I worked at Pace that was never an issue.  

I was talking at the garage with a co worker Sunday night. He said he told someone to take there garbage with them. They told him it was his job to clean the bus. So after they got off he threw the garbage out after them not hitting them but littering. I dont go that far but if its sensitive stuff like someone blew there nose and left it on the bus I'll try to sweep it out the door. Come on its public transportation. I dont need that and my riders dont need that. I dont like biohazard on my bus. It's the same with masks do people really need to leave there masks on the bus? I've never touched one yet. Really all operators need disposable gloves. My company will provide them but you have to work when the office is open and lately that's not been the case. I've even had to change buses because mine has a mechanical issue but mechanics dont work at night, so I've been lucky driving the new bus by me. Something I probably would not have the opportunity for, but I have been driving for the company when they need me while others have been voluntarily out of work. So it's only fair. But I have a good employer that understands and let's me make decisions myself just dont wreck the bus and well all be friends. Lol!! 

46 minutes ago, CTA5750 said:

Definitely an issue at Pace nowadays ?

(source: frequent 379, 381, 386, 390 and 395 rider)

People should definitely clean up after themselves.  Most Pace buses and some CTA buses had small garbage buckets on them .  I haven't noticed that lately.  Still shouldn't leave trash on bus or train.  However people do forget things, including personal belongings.  Some people just don't care.  If they were in Washington D.C., they would've been arrested.  Not that anyone should leave trash on any bu,s, but a brand new bus?  Why?

6 hours ago, artthouwill said:

People should definitely clean up after themselves.  Most Pace buses and some CTA buses had small garbage buckets on them .  I haven't noticed that lately.  Still shouldn't leave trash on bus or train.  However people do forget things, including personal belongings.  Some people just don't care.  If they were in Washington D.C., they would've been arrested.  Not that anyone should leave trash on any bu,s, but a brand new bus?  Why?

As someone who rode WMATA, bus and train, for 9+ years, that statement hovers between “not the case” & “rarely, if ever the case”. In fact, when I was in HS, we even had a challenge to eat in front of the MTP, just to see what would happen (although admittedly, we didn’t leave our trash).

On 7/2/2020 at 3:34 PM, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

20446 is on the 301.

I added #20445 earlier, looks like I'll have to add #20446. Thanks for the tracking Erin!! I was going to say they'll be done delivering by october, but I might have to say sept now. (we're 4 months into delivery) The West count is 141 with 26 Nabis. If that is true and West hovers around 130, they should be down to only needing 15 buses so the life of the NABI's here in chi town is getting short!!

26 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

I added #20445 earlier, looks like I'll have to add #20446. Thanks for the tracking Erin!! I was going to say they'll be done delivering by october, but I might have to say sept now. (we're 4 months into delivery) The West count is 141 with 26 Nabis. If that is true and West hovers around 130, they should be down to only needing 15 buses so the life of the NABI's here in chi town is getting short!!

I wonder how many more New Flyers West will actually get.  It seems like now they will max out at 65, which would mean 20 going elsewhere.  Will all 20 go to NW?  Will NW get 10 and the other 10 go to NS or River?  I was hoping West would get at least 75, if not all 85, but that is not likely  

6 hours ago, BusHunter said:

No problem!