Pace New Flyer buses

Pace831

4 hours ago, garmon757 said:

Spotted 20452 in Tennessee while I was driving to Florida last week. 

Makes me wonder what is at Pace acceptance in Markham. Sounds like they might be delivering 10 ahead of what's on the street. That explains why I havent seen buses being delivered from the north. Its sort of ironic, the buses being replaced came out of the same assembly plant as the buses replacing them even though it's a different manufacturer!!

37 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Makes me wonder what is at Pace acceptance in Markham. Sounds like they might be delivering 10 ahead of what's on the street. That explains why I havent seen buses being delivered from the north. Its sort of ironic, the buses being replaced came out of the same assembly plant as the buses replacing them even though it's a different manufacturer!!

I went by South Holland a week ago and was surprised to see no New Flyers outside. It’s possible the deliveries are slow enough to keep all of them indoors there, or they are going directly to West. All they had in the yard was a bunch of 6600s which have been there for months.

20 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

I went by South Holland a week ago and was surprised to see no New Flyers outside. It’s possible the deliveries are slow enough to keep all of them indoors there, or they are going directly to West. All they had in the yard was a bunch of 6600s which have been there for months.

Could be going to West but that's not the standard Pace protocol. They might just be where you can't see them. Was thinking it's weird how anniston delivers certain buses we have reported on others yet the Boston Xcelsiors come from the north. It is because they are hybrids or electrics? Electrics ship by flatbed though.

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

I bet the NW drivers are chomping at the bit wondering if and when they can get the New Flyers at their garage.  That would also satisfy that one board member who wanted to see another garage besides W to get then 

They're only 85.  Give them all to West and send some El Dorados back to whatever garage they came from if they got a surplus.  Remember many garages sent their Eldos to West the past 2 years because the NABIs crap out.

Just now, chicagocubs6323 said:

They're only 85.  Give them all to West and send some El Dorados back to whatever garage they came from if they got a surplus.  Remember many garages sent their Eldos to West the past 2 years because the NABIs crap out.

I agree with you 100%.  But based on that board meeting when a board member asked about another garage possibly getting some new buses, I knew that something was wrong.  I would love for West to get all 85 New Glyers and send some of the Eldorado Axxess buses back,  but I really think that Pace will cap West New Flyers to 65, 75 might be a stretch. 

On 7/6/2020 at 7:32 PM, artthouwill said:

I agree with you 100%.  But based on that board meeting when a board member asked about another garage possibly getting some new buses, I knew that something was wrong.  I would love for West to get all 85 New Glyers and send some of the Eldorado Axxess buses back,  but I really think that Pace will cap West New Flyers to 65, 75 might be a stretch. 

I wonder does Pace plan to order more buses with multicolored destination signs? If not all these nfs may be Pulse buses one day. Was reading somewhere Pace is not ordering Pulse buses at the moment but why the change from 75 to 85?

Im currently on the route 330 new flyer #20407 and a bit of road rage happened. Now we're stopped near the Lagrange metra station. Not sure if the trucker hit the bus because i felt no impact. 

*edit* police arrived

*edit* looks like the other driver hit the side of the bus. Thank goodness these buses have cameras. 

57 minutes ago, John7 said:

Im currently on the route 330 new flyer #20407 and a bit of road rage happened. Now we're stopped near the Lagrange metra station. Not sure if the trucker hit the bus because i felt no impact. 

*edit* police arrived

*edit* looks like the other driver hit the side of the bus. Thank goodness these buses have cameras. 

This bus appears to be back in service right now and it’s almost at the Rosemont station.

4 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

This bus appears to be back in service right now and it’s almost at the Rosemont station.

I was on that bus. I looked around the bus and saw no dent. Those buses are built strong. Still was over 20 min late. Just hoping that the Ahole that hit the bus gets a heafty ticket.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John7 said:

*edit* police arrived

4 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Wait, a truck hit the bus and it was able to just continue in service? CTA and Pace definitely need to order more of these.

Now to see if withstand a building ?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I'm jealous.   I can't seem to get one.  I will keep trying   

From what I’ve seen in person, routes 307, 309, 313 and 330 have a good chance of having them. I lucked out since I work near Bridgeview TC, so there’s usually 1-3 buses there which is how I can determine if I can catch one

3 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

From what I’ve seen in person, routes 307, 309, 313 and 330 have a good chance of having them. I lucked out since I work near Bridgeview TC, so there’s usually 1-3 buses there which is how I can determine if I can catch one

318 has a lot too all 7 of them I rode were on 318 but I rode one of them twice and the second time I got it was on 307.

33 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I tried catching then 301 and 313 and I get an Axxess or even a NABI.

5 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Still trying but got 6281.

Finally!  The first Pace New Flyer  for me.  20442 on 313.  The room between my seat and the seat in front of me is nonexistent.   But a nice quiet ride .  Also notice the interior lights are on all the way to the front  I suppose windshield glare isn't an issue 

10 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Finally!  The first Pace New Flyer  for me.  20442 on 313.  The room between my seat and the seat in front of me is nonexistent.   But a nice quiet ride .  Also notice the interior lights are on all the way to the front  I suppose windshield glare isn't an issue 

Thats the one thing i don't like about the new flyers. I have a feeling pace will "reprogram" it to have the right side turn off just like the Eldorado's. And i have a feeling they will because(and i found this strange) i got a new flyer bus and whenever it opened its doors, the lights on the right side turned off. 

19 minutes ago, John7 said:

Thats the one thing i don't like about the new flyers. I have a feeling pace will "reprogram" it to have the right side turn off just like the Eldorado's. And i have a feeling they will because(and i found this strange) i got a new flyer bus and whenever it opened its doors, the lights on the right side turned off. 

I don't know if the "half lights' are an option or even standard on New Flyer buses like they are on MCI and Prevost coaches. On the Pace NABIS and Eldorados,  the lights are on on the drivers side and off on the other side.  The right side lights come on whe the doors are opened.  Maybe the Bew Flyers have this also, but my driver chose the full lights due to the cloudy and rainy weather.