Pace New Flyer buses

Pace831

2 hours ago, trainman8119 said:

Its obvious the board has no clue. They should stick to begging for money or votes.

"What'll we do with the old buses?" What in the world, how do you not know this? And then the one that asked what garage they're going to which, iirc, it was stated in the opening that they were going to West.

2 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

"What'll we do with the old buses?" What in the world, how do you not know this? And then the one that asked what garage they're going to which, iirc, it was stated in the opening that they were going to West.

"Do we trade them in or something?"

"Why, yes, we do. Not only that, but New Flyer is offering $1,500 cash back, zero percent financing for twelve years, and a beer cooler!" 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I don't remember which board member asked what garage was getting the NFs, but apparently they were satisfied that another unnamed garage could get a handful rather than all 75 going to West.

In another thread about the 2003 NABIs I had posted that "NFI might have been the only bidder". I was wrong there. There were three bidders (the other two were unnamed at the board meeting). I was correct in that the bulk of the NFI order will go to West and a few may go to one of the other garages (mainly on the north and/or northwest sides of the city).

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

I don't remember which board member asked what garage was getting the NFs, but apparently they were satisfied that another unnamed garage could get a handful rather than all 75 going to West.

I interpreted that as the intent is to send them all to West, but they can’t deny the possibility that any could go elsewhere, regardless of how likely that is.

13 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I thought I heard one of them say South and I had a confused Nick Young moment

On 4/15/2019 at 1:24 AM, chitowndude84 said:

That board meeting was hilarious, Those "Pencil pushers" on the board really have NO clue about their operations/Fleet. Only care about a nice, safe position on a transit board $$$ and pension

I'm surprised none of them recommend ordering buses from Orion or Flxible lol :D :ph34r: 

I guess we have to suffer one more summer with NABI buses with no a/c and one more winter with no heat.

It is ironic that one of the factories that New Flyer is currently utilizing for its XD## Xcelsior production is the former NABI plant in Anniston, AL (where the Pace NABIs were assembled). The ones that Pace is slated to receive, however, might come from St. Cloud, MN instead of Anniston, AL.

• 3 months later...
20 minutes ago, ChicagoNova said:

We found out about this in April and now it is August.  NF finally got around to doing a press release. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/12/2019 at 11:24 AM, artthouwill said:

We found out about this in April and now it is August.  NF finally got around to doing a press release. 

At least they will deliver on the buses. CTA is stuck in proterra zero emission hell with its order. Last reports were they were supposed to get them in August. Now I just dont know. Proterra is a smaller company. Hopefully they can deliver on the goods. NF would have had those buses delivered by now. 

Man Pace is starting to really shine with its fleet. MCIs on Pace express, CNGs at south, pulse buses that are state of the art, highway Eldorados. The list goes on and on. Now Xcelsiors??? CTA needs some buses. The 6400s cant run forever we are going to have 19 year old buses soon out here with no rehab. I dont know hows that possible. By me we got 2007s and they are breaking down all the time. Stupid stuff too but that's how old stuff is. Man would I love to drive an Xcelsior. Probably west is a strong candidate for them. They have the oldest buses. But you would think some may end up being Pulse buses Dempster is coming maybe followed by Harlem. 95th and south halsted could use some but what would you use cngs??? I drive alot on the south side and see how busy those areas are. Pace is slowly turning into a stellar operation though. Hats off to the management. 

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

At least they will deliver on the buses. CTA is stuck in proterra zero emission hell with its order. Last reports were they were supposed to get them in August. Now I just dont know. Proterra is a smaller company. Hopefully they can deliver on the goods. NF would have had those buses delivered by now. 

Man Pace is starting to really shine with its fleet. MCIs on Pace express, CNGs at south, pulse buses that are state of the art, highway Eldorados. The list goes on and on. Now Xcelsiors??? CTA needs some buses. The 6400s cant run forever we are going to have 19 year old buses soon out here with no rehab. I dont know hows that possible. By me we got 2007s and they are breaking down all the time. Stupid stuff too but that's how old stuff is. Man would I love to drive an Xcelsior. Probably west is a strong candidate for them. They have the oldest buses. But you would think some may end up being Pulse buses Dempster is coming maybe followed by Harlem. 95th and south halsted could use some but what would you use cngs??? I drive alot on the south side and see how busy those areas are. Pace is slowly turning into a stellar operation though. Hats off to the management. 

I wish CTA gets more New flyers because from what I see NF is CTA’s favorite company with over 2,000 New Flyers

19 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

I wish CTA gets more New flyers because from what I see NF is CTA’s favorite company with over 2,000 New Flyers

Off topic but that number is incorrect.  2,000 New Flyers?  Do your research next time.

1,029 D40LFs

208 DE60LFs

100 D60LFR/DE60LFR

1 DE40LF (804 is the only one left)

+_____________________

1,338 Flyers

Even if some Flyers may have been scrapped due to accidents, the point is that there NEVER WAS 2,000 New Flyers.

Screenshot_20190907-154445_Calculator.jpg

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

Off topic but that number is incorrect.  2,000 New Flyers?  Do your research next time.

1,029 D40LFs

208 DE60LFs

100 D60LFR/DE60LFR

1 DE40LF (804 is the only one left)

+_____________________

1,338 Flyers

Even if some Flyers may have been scrapped due to accidents, the point is that there NEVER WAS 2,000 New Flyers.

Screenshot_20190907-154445_Calculator.jpg

All time total 1428 counting 58 and 5900s plus 700-701