7000-series - Delivery & Updates

railfan4072

20 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

7001-2 and 7007-8 were on the green line branch yesterday I saw them in person for the first time. Does that mean they’re heading to the green line next?

They go on a two week break after they finish testing on the Yellow Line, and I think they will head to green next.

6 hours ago, scotthilly said:

Caught them on the Yellow Line today! Bigger upgrade than I thought. I like the screens next to the doors - though they’re awfully reflective. The screens in the middle are just like NYC, and the car was impressively quiet. 

8C760A69-BF9E-4BB4-A4CE-B5D6039D592F.jpeg

158F0330-9DEF-4717-9951-0511C58563CB.jpeg

E1A59C8C-3863-46AE-9C78-5FBE929DE882.jpeg

Yeah they run smooth compared to the 5000s lol

4 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

7001-2 and 7007-8 were on the green line branch yesterday I saw them in person for the first time. Does that mean they’re heading to the green line next?

I saw them yesterday on the Blue Line passing Cumberland Interlocking while I was flagging out there. I guess after Yellow,  the Green, the Brown and the Orange Lines will be the lines to be tested.

On 8/5/2021 at 3:05 AM, renardo870 said:

I saw them yesterday on the Blue Line passing Cumberland Interlocking while I was flagging out there. I guess after Yellow,  the Green, the Brown and the Orange Lines will be the lines to be tested.

Wow two reports of the 7000s being spotted on other lines, and when they are done with the Yellow Line then they will take a break for two weeks. Im not exactly sure if they will test on Green, who knows.

4 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

7000’s back on blue RUN 105 TODAY if anyone wants to catch em

Interesting that the 7000s are on the Blue Line again even though the Brown. GREEN,  and Orange Lines have yet to see testing.   I expected some routes to get a second tour of duty. But not this soon.  CTA had yet to do the winter test as well. 

3 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Quiet ride.  When the train lowers and lifts you can feel it like a small bump.  Otherwise it is nice.  A couple of people were impressed with the new cars, though most people seemed indifferent.   The black seals on the windows makes the cars more similar to its bus counterparts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

Quiet ride.  When the train lowers and lifts you can feel it like a small bump.  Otherwise it is nice.  A couple of people were impressed with the new cars, though most people seemed indifferent.   The black seals on the windows makes the cars more similar to its bus counterparts. 

At first I thought they would have the white window seals as the ones found of the 2200s, 2600s, 3200s and 5000s. But they still got the cash waiting on them with the black ones??