7000-series - Delivery & Updates

railfan4072

3 hours ago, scotthilly said:

Anyone know when to catch the 7000’s on the blue, or a depart/arrival from O’Hare or forest park? Would love to catch it but can’t wait all day.

If I see them while doordashing in wicker I’ll note the time. The 5000s usually popped up on the same run but cta is also gonna post a schedule supposedly

3 hours ago, scotthilly said:

Anyone know when to catch the 7000’s on the blue, or a depart/arrival from O’Hare or forest park? Would love to catch it but can’t wait all day.

I used to catch the 5000s around 300pm when the started testing on the red line so if they’re doing the same pattern with the 7000s look around Logan at 4-ish 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2021 at 12:03 PM, NewFlyerMCI said:

Took a look a the bus ridership dashboard, last updated 3/28. Seems the busiest period of ridership is during the Weekday PM, on the following routes. These all experience what CTA describes as high ridership. I don't think this is really a surprise (except maybe NB 50, but I'm rarely on Damen, so)

• NB 4, 1p-2p
  • SB 4, 3p-4p
  • NB 9, 12p-4p
  • SB 9, 3p-4p
  • NB 22, 2p-4p
  • SB 22, 4p-5p
  • NB 36, 2p-3p
  • NB 50, 2p-3p
  • EB 63, 3p-4p
  • SB 71, 3p-6p
  • WB 77, 2p-3p

The only time I've ever seen a LOT of riders on the Damen bus(to the point it was even standing room only on the bus, pre-COVID), was right after a Bulls game, Blackhawks game, or whatever other event(concerts, etc) ended in the evening. And to a lesser extent, you'd also see extra riders on the Damen bus right after Amundsen High School ended the school day. Otherwise as a regular #50 Damen rider who rides it more often than a lot of other bus routes, Damen doesn't seem as crowded as other bus routes(i.e. #22, #49, #63, #77, etc).

Back to the main subject of this topic(the 7000s being tested on the Blue Line), what times of the day would you most likely see the test 7000 series train in service? Anyone who works for CTA's Blue Line operations(or say out of the Rosemont or Forest Park Yard), have an unofficial idea in their head when this train most often is in service on weekdays? I'd LOVE to ride that train for myself, just to see what it's like.

19 hours ago, 2200SeriesFan said:

The only time I've ever seen a LOT of riders on the Damen bus(to the point it was even standing room only on the bus, pre-COVID), was right after a Bulls game, Blackhawks game, or whatever other event(concerts, etc) ended in the evening. And to a lesser extent, you'd also see extra riders on the Damen bus right after Amundsen High School ended the school day. Otherwise as a regular #50 Damen rider who rides it more often than a lot of other bus routes, Damen doesn't seem as crowded as other bus routes(i.e. #22, #49, #63, #77, etc).

Back to the main subject of this topic(the 7000s being tested on the Blue Line), what times of the day would you most likely see the test 7000 series train in service? Anyone who works for CTA's Blue Line operations(or say out of the Rosemont or Forest Park Yard), have an unofficial idea in their head when this train most often is in service on weekdays? I'd LOVE to ride that train for myself, just to see what it's like.

blue line early morning thru early evening best way to catch it is the noon to 1pm hour

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

I'm probably not going to be able to  catch the 7000s on the Blue Line.   Any indication of what Line they will probably test on next?

Because the Blue Line is so separated from the rest of the system, my uneducated guess will be the Pink Line, since moving the 7000 train to 54th Yard presents the least amount of complications. From Pink, to Green, and then it's anyone's guess.

27 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Because the Blue Line is so separated from the rest of the system, my uneducated guess will be the Pink Line, since moving the 7000 train to 54th Yard presents the least amount of complications. From Pink, to Green, and then it's anyone's guess.

That makes sense 

But we'll see.  Perhaps they take a trip back to Skokie Shops before going to the next line.

On 5/18/2021 at 1:14 PM, NewFlyerMCI said:

58 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

7000s running #301 on the Pink as of today

Ok.  There we have it.  Will Punk only run one test set or will they dare try running rwo?

• Thanks 1