7000-series - Delivery & Updates

railfan4072

1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

that’s me that posted it but no they will just test out of service most likely 

Hmm.. and I had said they might start testing in revenue service in April... that's the same length of time it took the #5000's to test in service (6 months) well it should be soon if they plan on receiving the rest of the fleet in 2022. They only have 8 months, unless this is the sequel to the proterras testing!!??

22 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Got a question. I read on facebook that the #7000's are laid up at Rosemont shops this weekend. That on the 12th of April they will be running the blue line. Will that be in revenue service? 

1601215940_Screenshot_20210410-123246_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.226e06a7cfebdcd72eec6069cca04912.jpg

The fact that the cars are at Rosemont makes me think it may be possible that they may test in revenue service.   That may depend on the consists.  A four car consist would be non revenue service    An 8 car consist may be revenue testing, but that also can test in nin revenue service for a few days first before testing in revenue service.  I will try to look for the cars Monday 

3 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Cool, we didn't see him in the forums for a while now his profile says he was last active in March but his last post was in November.

Was trying to figure out how a CA was at Rosemont shops but maybe he switched positions. 

Was talking with our mechanics the other day. They get paid labor on top of there wages depending on what they fix determines how much. Dont know how cta works but 77th mechanics would be rich!! Lol!!

Just now, BusHunter said:

Was trying to figure out how a CA was at Rosemont shops but maybe he switched positions. 

Was talking with our mechanics the other day. They get paid labor on top of there wages depending on what they fix determines how much. Dont know how cta works but 77th mechanics would be rich!! Lol!!

Oh. Wow they getting rich with all the buses they got to repair LoL

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2020 at 11:44 PM, chitowndude84 said:

Well i just picked up a MAJOR clue !!

Looks like the 7000 series are heading first to the BLUE AND GREEN lines !!

Check out video Time stamp 0:46       The line route map inside has the "Blue line" and next a GREEN line on them 

Also first time I ever seen "Howard" sign with a blue colored background lol 

Video Credit goes to youtube user: Transitlife NYC

And so we have this new "gumdrop" ?

Sooooooooo........Not a guy to "toot" my own horn. Just gotta love it when I posted >ACTUAL EVIDENCE< back in December and some Chitransit "CTA Bored Members" rudely just shoot it down with NOTHING to back it up. Must be some "1+1=55" Chicago Politics going on here ?? ?? ?? 

All ribbing aside. I CAN'T WAIT to ride them on the BLUE !!! It's nice to know that visitors flying in from all over the world get to see our newest L trains in service at O'Hare !! ?? Hopefully they have a better chance of staying clean/Survival-low vandalism on the BLUE vs other lines

25 minutes ago, chitowndude84 said:

Not a guy to "toot" my own horn. Just gotta love it when I posted >ACTUAL EVIDENCE< back in December and some Chitransit "CTA Bored" members rudely just shoot it down with NOTHING to back it up. Must be some "1+1=55 Chicago Politics" going on here ?? ?? ?? 

All ribbing aside. I CAN'T WAIT to ride them on the BLUE !!! It's nice to know that visitors flying in from all over the world get to see our newest L trains in service at O'Hare !! ?? Hopefully they have a better chance of survival/low vandalism on the BLUE vs other lines

Enjoy them on the blue!! It will probably be the only time they will run their. Unless cta wakes up and smells the coffee or they get some good feedback from the forest pk branch.

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Enjoy them on the blue!! It will probably be the only time they will run their. Unless cta wakes up and smells the coffee or they get some good feedback from the forest pk branch.

I was just thinking this, they'll be "unveiled" on the blue, then show up on the Orange & Brown lines next week lmao

2 hours ago, chitowndude84 said:

Sooooooooo........Not a guy to "toot" my own horn. Just gotta love it when I posted >ACTUAL EVIDENCE< back in December and some Chitransit "CTA Bored Members" rudely just shoot it down with NOTHING to back it up. Must be some "1+1=55" Chicago Politics going on here ?? ?? ?? 

All ribbing aside. I CAN'T WAIT to ride them on the BLUE !!! It's nice to know that visitors flying in from all over the world get to see our newest L trains in service at O'Hare !! ?? Hopefully they have a better chance of staying clean/Survival-low vandalism on the BLUE vs other lines

I mean, in fairness, it wasn't shot down with "nothing to back it up" there were given reasons from both here and CTA that the blue line needed additional electrical infrastructure that would allow the 7000s to run and such, forum members were skeptical.

Also, very optimistic of you to think they'll be staying cleaner and vandalism free on the Blue Line compared to all the others ?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I mean, in fairness, it wasn't shot down with "nothing to back it up" there were given reasons from both here and CTA that the blue line needed additional electrical infrastructure that would allow the 7000s to run and such, forum members were skeptical.

Also, very optimistic of you to think they'll be staying cleaner and vandalism free on the Blue Line compared to all the others ?

Again, I was basing my claim of 7000s FIRST on the blue line based on THE MAP I caught inside the test car back in December  !!!! A few "Bored members" on here jumped on me and claimed other wise just based on THEIR personal opinions with NOTHING to back it up but possible "backroom chatter" from unofficial sources. Nothing is official until said equipment operating in revenue service and or a official press release from CTA 

And I Never said "Vandalism free" !!  Those new cars have to travel on the Forest park like so........................???????  

11 minutes ago, chitowndude84 said:

Again, I was basing my claim of 7000s FIRST on the blue line based on THE MAP I caught inside the test car back in December  !!!! A few "Bored members" on here jumped on me and claimed other wise just based on THEIR personal opinions with NOTHING to back it up but possible "backroom chatter" from unofficial sources. Nothing is official until said equipment operating in revenue service and or a official press release from CTA 

And I Never said "Vandalism free" !!  Those new cars have to travel on the Forest park like so........................???????  

We were referring to the mass delivery/permanent As far as blue line; not getting them first for prototype testing. we never said blue being first for a TEST wasn’t possible BUT when they come in mass, if the blue line isn’t upgraded they are not going there first. CTA said that themselves when questioned about lack of 5000s being assigned. Current blue line  power grid will not support the power drain of more than 2 8-car sets of 5000s. People say the trackbed is also an issue but I still think power upgrades will help if they can leave all 5000s for just UIC runs 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Sam92 said:

The last official plan was to bring in remaining 3200s from brown to blue. Then use the 7000s to replace the 2600s on those lines. Then 7000s coming to the red  or pink are supposed to start displacing 5000s to the blue. 

What happened to the power concerns on the FP branch though? Many have been saying that neither 5000s nor 7000s can operate to Forest Park full time because of that. There aren't enough 3200s to fully roster the Blue.

15 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

We were referring to the mass delivery/permanent As far as blue line; not getting them first for prototype testing. we never said blue being first for a TEST wasn’t possible BUT when they come in mass, if the blue line isn’t upgraded they are not going there first. CTA said that themselves when questioned about lack of 5000s being assigned. Current blue line  power grid will not support the power drain of more than 2 8-car sets of 5000s. People say the trackbed is also an issue but I still think power upgrades will help if they can leave all 5000s for just UIC runs 

Not going to argue semantics on this topic. My original post was referring to first line to have 7000's in REVENUE SERVICE !! Yes, This could be first line to TEST in REVENUE SERVICE and I'm sure we're going to find out very soon all details on this breaking news. What happens with equipment moves down the line is another story. But i'm sure with good positive customer feedback CTA will find ways to keep them on the BLUE !!

With proper funds things can be fixed/upgraded on the forest park line to make these work as permanent equipment. Especially with President Biden's new $$$+$$$$ infrastructure bill

Dave

18 minutes ago, chitowndude84 said:

Not going to argue semantics on this topic. My original post was referring to first line to have 7000's in REVENUE SERVICE !! Yes, This could be first line to TEST in REVENUE SERVICE and I'm sure we're going to find out very soon all details on this breaking news. What happens with equipment moves down the line is another story. But i'm sure with good positive customer feedback CTA will find ways to keep them on the BLUE !!

With proper funds things can be fixed/upgraded on the forest park line to make these work as permanent equipment. Especially with President Biden's new $$$+$$$$ infrastructure bill

Dave

Well yeah the issue at that point is for cta to hurry and get the blue fixed before all the cars get here In mass that’s what everyone was saying from the get go lol

33 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Well yeah the issue at that point is for cta to hurry and get the blue fixed before all the cars get here In mass that’s what everyone was saying from the get go lol

Might as well leave it, if he's convinced the world is against him, then it is.

If the 7000s are starting on the Blue line, you think they'll be limited to the UIC runs?