Death of Melvin Bernero; tribute at OSA

Melvin Bernero has died, either the 12th or 13th. I believe he was a member of this forum.

He was a director of Omnibus Society of America for decades and did quite a bit of work behind the scenes. He also gave several programs each year.

OSA's December 4 2020 meeting at 7 pm will be a tribute to Mel, so if anyone has slides or digital images of Mel on old fan trips or just want to show a few slide Mel might have liked, you'd be most welcome. We meet as San Lucas United Church of Christ, basement (entrance on the side of the building), 2914 W North Ave, Chicago, IL 60647.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Adam Kerman said:

Melvin Bernero has died, either the 12th or 13th. I believe he was a member of this forum.

He was a director of Omnibus Society of America for decades and did quite a bit of work behind the scenes. He also gave several programs each year.

OSA's December 4 2020 meeting at 7 pm will be a tribute to Mel, so if anyone has slides or digital images of Mel on old fan trips or just want to show a few slide Mel might have liked, you'd be most welcome. We meet as San Lucas United Church of Christ, basement (entrance on the side of the building), 2914 W North Ave, Chicago, IL 60647.

@mel bernero will be missed on this forum. He developed an impressive collection of bus images over the decades, and I appreciate that he shared them with us.

• Upvote 3

Definitely one of the stars of the chicago transit fan world. He will be missed. Hes done an impeccable amount of film work over the years and my hats off to the man. Thanks for sharing Adam. My thoughts and prayers for his family but we all know somewhere Mel will still be taking his pictures, he has quite a collection. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Adam Kerman said:

He will be missed on this forum for sure.

I welcome you, Adam,  to this forum.  I used to be part of a Chicago Transit group on Yahoo,  and I believe you were also a member.  You gave terrific insight and historical perspective.   I plead that you continue to do so here.

??????I will miss him a lot too. I loved all his pictures he posted on Flickr and I kept looking at them over and over since they were so fun to watch. I hope he rests in peace very well and I give condolences to his family too. Also how old was he when he died and does anyone know cause of death???

• Upvote 2

On 11/19/2020 at 7:38 PM, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

??????I will miss him a lot too. I loved all his pictures he posted on Flickr and I kept looking at them over and over since they were so fun to watch. I hope he rests in peace very well and I give condolences to his family too. Also how old was he when he died and does anyone know cause of death???

According to his facebook page he was born Oct 2, 1949. Said he was a retired USPS employee. Only lists a niece on there as a family member, but most people tend to not put family on their facebooks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2020 at 1:50 AM, Pace831 said:

@mel bernero will be missed on this forum. He developed an impressive collection of bus images over the decades, and I appreciate that he shared them with us.

Hello, my name is Misty, I am Melvin Bernero's niece, I just found this forum. Thank you everyone for your kind words and memorial for my Uncle. Could someone please contact me at Beugnetmimi@gmail.com

Thank you again, I look forward to speaking someone. Happy new year. 

On 11/22/2020 at 9:45 AM, BusHunter said:

According to his facebook page he was born Oct 2, 1949. Said he was a retired USPS employee. Only lists a niece on there as a family member, but most people tend to not put family on their facebooks.

On 11/22/2020 at 9:45 AM, BusHunter said:

Hello, I am Melvin's niece. Thank you for your condolences. He was 71, heart attack.