8350-series Nova LFS - Updates

WCR

1 hour ago, Sam92 said:

Looking like they granddaddy ?

More like the 8325s. No hump in the front* and no back window. Only announced changes were the front ramp and flat screen announcement screen. Anything else?

____________-

*Apparently 6400s didn't have it either.

3 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

1125 is at FG sooo this could be a hint of where 8350’s are heading

I'm not betting. FG and 103 have the oldest NF buses, but you may be implying that FG isn't getting the new Novas. Theoretically, the electric buses are replacing  the 6400s, but we know they aren't going to FG.

17 minutes ago, Busjack said:

I'm not betting. FG and 103 have the oldest NF buses, but you may be implying that FG isn't getting the new Novas. Theoretically, the electric buses are replacing  the 6400s, but we know they aren't going to FG.

Maybe the electrics are replacing the novas at the garage. I barely see them on the streets and I drive down chicago avenue everyday!! Lol!!

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Busjack said:

see 103rd is slated to get electric’s some time soon so what i’m thinking is 103rd is trying to get rid of their 40ft flyers and get the 8350’s plus electrics 

14 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Alright all you #6400s series fans get those last rides in while you can because the deliveries have begun tonight. #8354 and #8361 have arrived at SS. I'll get some shots later on tonight after my run.

Aww.... I was gonna spoof you guys on April 1st with new deliveries... Id be laughing for real if the first bus came in on April 1st.

I wouldnt doubt they go to 103rd first. It was between them and 77th, but Kedzie could join the race. All 3 of them will be most likely getting new buses. 74th and chicago are getting electrics. 103rd soon. The problem with FG is they have 950 NFs that are newer than what they have. If they make it to 400 on the options NP will join in definitely because it has no novas but you never know the 7900s might wind up there. 

In the long distant future np and fg will end up with all novas except for the artics which are the wild card. Any electrification will happen there last. I dont know what they are gonna do with them. If and when we get to an all electric garage 103rd will be the candidate. I think 77th going all electric will be a nightmare just due to the heavy use there. They may get skipped at first. We shall see.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Aww.... I was gonna spoof you guys on April 1st with new deliveries... Id be laughing for real if the first bus came in on April 1st.

I wouldnt doubt they go to 103rd first. It was between them and 77th, but Kedzie could join the race. All 3 of them will be most likely getting new buses. 74th and chicago are getting electrics. 103rd soon. The problem with FG is they have 950 NFs that are newer than what they have. If they make it to 400 on the options NP will join in definitely because it has no novas but you never know the 7900s might wind up there. 

In the long distant future np and fg will end up with all novas except for the artics which are the wild card. Any electrification will happen there last. I dont know what they are gonna do with them. If and when we get to an all electric garage 103rd will be the candidate. I think 77th going all electric will be a nightmare just due to the heavy use there. They may get skipped at first. We shall see.

I wouldn't count Kedzie out at the moment, there's a reason why they've slowly been getting 7900's over the past year or so.  I hope we don't get them that's for damn sure. Send them to FG,K or 103rd.

6 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

I wouldn't count Kedzie out at the moment, there's a reason why they've slowly been getting 7900's over the past year or so.  I hope we don't get them that's for damn sure. Send them to FG,K or 103rd.

Hey Im just hoping fg gets the 8325s back. Deliveries are gonna be so slow, you realize the north side may not see these new buses for 4 years!! 2035 for electrics lol!! Thats optimistic!!

1 minute ago, BusHunter said:

Hey Im just hoping fg gets the 8325s back. Deliveries are gonna be so slow, you realize the north side may not see these new buses for 4 years!! 2035 for electrics lol!! Thats optimistic!!

It's wishful thinking for sure, I'm just thinking that FG will have to get first dibs. Hell send those remaining #6800s and few #1000s down to 77th in exchange for some #7900s along with the #8350s. 

33 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

As soon as we complete delivery of the #8350’s CTA is an mostly Nova country. You’ll have 425 #7900’s, 25 #8325’s and 600 #8350’s that is 1,050 Novas total same compared to the 1,030 #1000s along with the 10 #800’s and #900’s.

35 minutes ago, Bus1883 said:

As soon as we complete delivery of the #8350’s CTA is an mostly Nova country. You’ll have 425 #7900’s, 25 #8325’s and 600 #8350’s that is 1,050 Novas total same compared to the 1,030 #1000s along with the 10 #800’s and #900’s.

Hey im just hoping it doesnt become proterra country. What is it with those buses that look like a whale. NF feels like the cubs trading away everyone and now no one is the star. 

For sure only 4 garages will have 100 NFs after the dust settles and the rest is all nova. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

what i’m seeing is 8343-8349 heading south to 103rd to meet up wit 8325-8342 but who knows we will see what these moves on friday night will bring us expect the 8350’s to slowly enter service in like a week or 2

On 2/27/2022 at 2:25 PM, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

i wish CTA made New Flyer D40LF models

8 hours ago, Busjack said:

More like the 8325s. No hump in the front* and no back window. Only announced changes were the front ramp and flat screen announcement screen. Anything else?

____________-

*Apparently 6400s didn't have it either.

The rest of the brand new Nova bus has the rear window in future order?

7 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Hey im just hoping it doesnt become proterra country. What is it with those buses that look like a whale. NF feels like the cubs trading away everyone and now no one is the star. 

For sure only 4 garages will have 100 NFs after the dust settles and the rest is all nova. 

With #1805, #1821, #1925 and #1993 being retired and #1753 OOS for a while they’ll have to pick a few buses under the #1630s if they need 400 around. Ill have to see

6 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

No new deliveries since Monday evening, I'm going to assume that more are on the way still baring any setbacks due to weather and covid. #8350 is gone from the SS fence, I'm not entirely where it may have gone though. 

Maybe back to Greenwood? or went back to Nova for updates on anything?