8350-series Nova LFS - Updates

WCR

5 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

possibly all the idle buses moved to the boneyard awaiting maintenance this could highly be a indication for 8350’s to arrive soon…..the #600’s should start heading to C soon

You're correct almost 20+ buses have been transferred to the boneyard from the SS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

You're correct almost 20+ buses have been transferred to the boneyard from the SS.

Yeah they do this to every new bus order. They put all the current OOS buses in the boneyard to make space for the new ones to take up the front lot. When the #8325s arrived three years ago they’ve sat at the front gates on 79th for weeks seating to get licensed plates for them to enter service. If I’m right

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Ive seen 8327 then moved down to another spot at SS

I hope whatever is an issue with that bus is fixed, now that #8327 has been OOS for two years since November 2019, let’s just say it has the lowest miles and hopefully it still has that new bus smell?

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Bus1883 said:

I hope whatever is an issue with that bus is fixed, now that #8327 has been OOS for two years since November 2019, let’s just say it has the lowest miles and hopefully it still has that new bus smell?

Oh it smells like 79th for sure, I've seen on numerous occasions the front doors being left wide open over the years so whatever elements seeped into the bus got rid of that smell long ago.

1 hour ago, Bus1883 said:

you can catch the smell on the 8350’s i doubt 8327 still has it they been in and out that bus god knows how many times in the past 2 years 

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Alright all you #6400s series fans get those last rides in while you can because the deliveries have begun tonight. #8354 and #8361 have arrived at SS. I'll get some shots later on tonight after my run.

Uh oh, death is seeming to creep up even closer on the #6400’s, I honestly enjoyed them since 2000 and the flyers beginning in 2006

15 minutes ago, Bus1883 said:

Uh oh, death is seeming to creep up even closer on the #6400’s, I honestly enjoyed them since 2000 and the flyers beginning in 2006

The first New Flyers came to CTA in 1994.   They were the 5800 series and there were 64 of them plus 2 5900s.

The 6400s were the first large low floor order for CTA.  There buses served well but I won't miss them.

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Alright all you #6400s series fans get those last rides in while you can because the deliveries have begun tonight. #8354 and #8361 have arrived at SS. I'll get some shots later on tonight after my run.

Dam yea the 6400's is 1 step closer to the entire fleet sitting in the boneyard they are over halfway retired anyways I will miss them 

10 hours ago, artthouwill said:

The first New Flyers came to CTA in 1994.   They were the 5800 series and there were 64 of them plus 2 5900s.

The 6400s were the first large low floor order for CTA.  There buses served well but I won't miss them.

Oh no I meant the #1000s beginning in 2006 lol