8350-series Nova LFS - Updates

WCR

9 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I was about to say what it went into service lol

Very soon my friend probably within the next 2 months. That move may have meant to mean the shipper is about to send them. What will SS do with 18 electrics and 5 or 10 #8350"s??? I think their poker hand tiips and we begin service on the #606 and above electrics. 

43 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Very soon my friend probably within the next 2 months. That move may have meant to mean the shipper is about to send them. What will SS do with 18 electrics and 5 or 10 #8350"s??? I think their poker hand tiips and we begin service on the #606 and above electrics. 

they shall be in service by february same as the 8325’s when they went in February 2018 or 2019

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

The last of the proterras should be in service no later than April

9 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Not a major thing but #8350 is one step closer to entering pilot service. Just saw the clever device manufacturer van with employees installing software on the bus this afternoon. That bus sounds pretty good as well. Can't wait to see it in action soon. 

Outside of that hump being gone is it using a different engine? Kinda like how over time the flyers had things tweaked about them? 

11 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Outside of that hump being gone is it using a different engine? Kinda like how over time the flyers had things tweaked about them? 

From what I could make out the engine seems to be the same as the 8325s with a few minor modifications.An ISL9 is still in there so that's good. As far as the transmission is concerned I'm not to sure on it.

16 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

From what I could make out the engine seems to be the same as the 8325s with a few minor modifications.An ISL9 is still in there so that's good. As far as the transmission is concerned I'm not to sure on it.

Should’ve spun the grounds in it Lmao! No but seriously if they’re putting that stuff in we might see them next month

2 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Should’ve spun the grounds in it Lmao! No but seriously if they’re putting that stuff in we might see them next month

Oh most definitely, I say in the next 2 weeks or so we'll see it out somewhere testing. All that's left is the instructors then operators getting trained on it. 

4 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Not a major thing but #8350 is one step closer to entering pilot service. Just saw the clever device manufacturer van with employees installing software on the bus this afternoon. That bus sounds pretty good as well. Can't wait to see it in action soon. 

Yea they do drive them from the factory to cta wasnt it 1 of the cta vuses in a video years ago that was driven from MN to here 

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

#8350 has disappeared from the south fence wall. I'm sure if it's in the main shops hidden behind all the defunct buses or moved to another garage. Be on the lookout out for it though. We're getting closer and closer.

Uh oh, sounds like it’s getting ready to call our names, after about 5 months or so sitting at SS. Most likely it should be hiding in the boneyard somewhere at SS. We are finally getting ready to see it to start performing on stage soon. Since Nova secretly could have 70% of the base order already built,  my prediction is that we could already have majority of them on the street by June or July. Yet I may be wrong… ?‍♂️?‍♂️

30 minutes ago, NovaBusFan said:

Uh oh, sounds like it’s getting ready to call our names, after about 5 months or so sitting at SS. Most likely it should be hiding in the boneyard somewhere at SS. We are finally getting ready to see it to start performing on stage soon. Since Nova secretly could have 70% of the base order already built,  my prediction is that we could already have majority of them on the street by June or July. Yet I may be wrong… ?‍♂️?‍♂️

they should start arriving real soon i give it 1-2 weeks maybe even 3 weeks that we see em start arriving 

28 minutes ago, NovaBusFan said:

Maybe I’ll can say 3 weeks we will see a few changes

1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Idk but as long as it's not FG I'm cool. (but I do want them to go to NP)

I don’t think North Park wants any #8350s any right now, I rather have FG to finally get something new instead of getting older buses from other garages, most likely it makes sense to send the first 100 new buses to FG to swap out the #6400s instead of older equipment from other garages to handle when we split up the #8325s between 103rd and FG it as what happened when we received them.