8350-series Nova LFS - Updates

WCR

5 hours ago, artthouwill said:

If not inside SS, then maybe it took a journey to Plattsburgh for some factory fixes.  Perhaps CTA was pleased with the fixes enough exercise Option 1 

Is that back in Minnesota when they deliver the buses do they drive them here or they haul em here but I did see a pic of 8325 coming through the hills driving when they was rolling in

33 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Is that back in Minnesota when they deliver the buses do they drive them here or they haul em here but I did see a pic of 8325 coming through the hills driving when they was rolling in

New Flyer buses come from St Cloud, MN.  Nova buses come from Plattsburgh,  NY.  

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

What I'm asking bro do they drive them here or do they haul em here like they do the trains

The real answer is that it could be either. There was the stink when the 6400s were delivered that one was sighted on someone's driveway in Detroit, so they began to use flatbeds.   How this bus was delivered, I don't know.

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

They drive them here or wherever they are going.   The drivers are called hikers.   Once they drop off the buses they fly back home to deliver the next bunch   

That seems like a fun job tho lol, at least they don’t have to drive all they way back.

7 hours ago, artthouwill said:

If not inside SS, then maybe it took a journey to Plattsburgh for some factory fixes.  Perhaps CTA was pleased with the fixes enough exercise Option 1 

4 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Wow, I wonder if it was 89th and Greenwood all this time.

Just as New Flyer has operations here and ENC uses Chandler, Prevost Parts has a local maintenance operation around here, apparently in Franklin Park or Elgin, so I am certainly not betting on an 1800 mile round trip to Plattsburgh. Training would make more sense.

8 minutes ago, Bus1883 said:

That seems like a fun job tho lol, at least they don’t have to drive all they way back.

If you search back about 4 years, @andrethebusman had a description of what was involved.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Busjack said:

The real answer is that it could be either. There was the stink when the 6400s were delivered that one was sighted on someone's driveway in Detroit, so they began to use flatbeds.   How this bus was delivered, I don't know.

Dam in the D but yea I was just wondering lije when cta got an did they have some miles on an or no miles at all but this just answered it

5 hours ago, Busjack said:

Just as New Flyer has operations here and ENC uses Chandler, Prevost Parts has a local maintenance operation around here, apparently in Franklin Park or Elgin, so I am certainly not betting on an 1800 mile round trip to Plattsburgh. Training would make more sense.

If you search back about 4 years, @andrethebusman had a description of what was involved.

Yeah I would assume the same thing as far as training goes for mechanics down at the training facility. I highly doubt it made that long round-trip over the past few weeks.

I've noticed in the past few days along the south fence of SS that an ample amount of space has been opened up and a number of buses that have sat idle for months have been removed. I don't know if this could be an indication for any #8530s to start arriving soon but I'll keep my eyes open for any developments. I'm banking that either next week or the first week of April a few will start popping up. All the #600s have been grouped together and #603 has disappeared.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I've noticed in the past few days along the south fence of SS that an ample amount of space has been opened up and a number of buses that have sat idle for months have been removed. I don't know if this could be an indication for any #8530s to start arriving soon but I'll keep my eyes open for any developments. I'm banking that either next week or the first week of April a few will start popping up. All the #600s have been grouped together and #603 has disappeared.

possibly all the idle buses moved to the boneyard awaiting maintenance this could highly be a indication for 8350’s to arrive soon…..the #600’s should start heading to C soon

11 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yea ive seen that along with 8327 That buse then moved also