8350-series Nova LFS - Updates

WCR

11 minutes ago, Bus1883 said:

Maybe back to Greenwood? or went back to Nova for updates on anything?

Those 2 (54 and 61) were probably the two buses that passed inspection. The other ones will be coming once they get their issues sorted. I wonder if any is at the prevost place on mannheim by the tri state. Thats where the buses go for warranty work. Thats like the dealership. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Those 2 (54 and 61) were probably the two buses that passed inspection. The other ones will be coming once they get their issues sorted. I wonder if any is at the prevost place on mannheim by the tri state. Thats where the buses go for warranty work. Thats like the dealership. 

if you can give me a address i’ll be happy to swing by and take a look

On 3/22/2022 at 10:34 AM, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

see 103rd is slated to get electric’s some time soon so what i’m thinking is 103rd is trying to get rid of their 40ft flyers and get the 8350’s plus electrics 

I guess that is all planned out years ahead from now in exchange of the #8350’s. CTA is slated to get 6 Nova LFSe’s soon, it could look somewhat like this…

A0D15FA6-3785-4323-812B-FEF026F750F6.jpeg

On 3/22/2022 at 1:11 PM, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

what i’m seeing is 8343-8349 heading south to 103rd to meet up wit 8325-8342 but who knows we will see what these moves on friday night will bring us expect the 8350’s to slowly enter service in like a week or 2

Wow this is sad to see FG lose the newest buses, at least they had three years with them. I’m thinking that they will a few #1000’s from 103rd to trade, who knows. 

7 minutes ago, Bus1883 said:

Wow this is sad to see FG lose the newest buses, at least they had three years with them. I’m thinking that they will a few #1000’s from 103rd to trade, who knows. 

i’m saying……my guess is 8343-8349 will move to 103rd if 103rd ends up getting the 8350’s first and then they’ll give up a few flyers to FG

30 minutes ago, Bus1883 said:

I’ve said this before but I believe FG will be  all flyers the same way they was all 6400 Novas a few yrs back. But that’ll change again once the rest of the new Novas come in in its entirety. Even then I think FG will get the oldest 7900’s tho.

14 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

I’ve said this before but I believe FG will be  all flyers the same way they was all 6400 Novas a few yrs back. But that’ll change again once the rest of the new Novas come in in its entirety. Even then I think FG will get the oldest 7900’s tho.

If so FG may be 1 of 2 garages with NFs. I dont think theyll go that far but there wlll probably be 3 garages with no nfs, maybe artics only.

23 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

shit……some will hope for FG to get the artic lift that’s required to have artics but i can see FG with all 1000’s and maybe like 7900-8000

77 usually gets first dibs on everything, but other than on the margins, I don't see any garages being downgraded. It isn't like when FG had to get 6000s to have a fleet with all preheaters, so K got the shaft.

17 minutes ago, Busjack said:

77 usually gets first dibs on everything, but other than on the margins, I don't see any garages being downgraded. It isn't like when FG had to get 6000s to have a fleet with all preheaters, so K got the shaft.

Yeah 300 buses should get np, kedzie and 103rd up with the jones. The last 300 is supplemental so whoever is left will get the rest. That leaves FG blowing in the wind. I see 6 garages getting buses in the long run. That would wipe out 74th, 77th chicago as all nova 40 foot buses and a few electrics. They could do 75 at the last 3 garages and fg could get a slice of the pie. That's probably what they should do. That would put the nfs in a rush hour only service and they could keep maintenance down, but Im not on the advisory panel. 

4 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

I was also thinking of that too as well, for a fact that 77th will give away theirs to another garage in the hands of the extra #1000’s or the #8350’s. I’m not exactly sure on how this will all go down

6 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

shit……some will hope for FG to get the artic lift that’s required to have artics but i can see FG with all 1000’s and maybe like 7900-8000

Thats not gone happen 77th gone get the brand new buses cause they are the golden child & FG gone get the 7900's they are the stepchild garage

• Haha 1

On 3/24/2022 at 11:06 PM, Shannoncvpi said:

Thats not gone happen 77th gone get the brand new buses cause they are the golden child & FG gone get the 7900's they are the stepchild garage

We're not getting them first I can guarantee that. The master list I saw only has #8350 on it along with that batch of #6700s and #700 we have. Nothing has been indicated that we're getting brand new buses otherwise they would of started training us for it by now. I honestly think that Kedzie is the key garage floating under the radar here. As much as I would like for 77th to do a mileage swap of the #7900s we have I know that it won't happen due to safety concerns. What would these 100 #8350s replace outside of the remaining #6800s at FG. The first 25 #1000s?

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

We're not getting them first I can guarantee that. The master list I saw only has #8350 on it along with that batch of #6700s and #700 we have. Nothing has been indicated that we're getting brand new buses otherwise they would of started training us for it by now. I honestly think that Kedzie is the key garage floating under the radar here. As much as would like for 77th to do a mileage swap of the #7900s we have I know that it won't happen due to safety concerns. What would these 100 #8350s replace outside of the remaining #6800s at FG. The first 25 #1000s?

let us know tonight for any deliveries 

6 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

... What would these 100 #8350s replace outside of the remaining #6800s at FG. The first 25 #1000s?

The CMAQ grant said that the electric buses would replace the 2002 buses, eliminating so much in emissions, hence the Proterras replace the 6400s. The current electric bus reports compared the 1000 series buses with what they called 7900s but we call 8350s, so presumably the 8350s replace the worst 1000s, although not necessarily 1000-1099, given all the junk you guys have reported.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Busjack said:

The CMAQ grant said that the electric buses would replace the 2002 buses, eliminating so much in emissions, hence the Proterras replace the 6400s. The current electric bus reports compared the 1000 series buses with what they called 7900s but we call 8350s, so presumably the 8350s replace the worst 1000s, although not necessarily 1000-1099, given all the junk you guys have reported.

That's makes more sense when you articulate it from that perspective. So anything from the #1000-#1400 range would be in the running for possible retirement or movement to 77th. Which still leads me to wonder what block of buses would be given up to make up for the loss at FG/103rd? That's if and when they were to start receiving #8350s.

6 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

#8360 and #8360 have been delivered to SS. #8350 is also back along the SS fence sitting adjacent to #8350,#8354 and a recently towed #7927. They're all lined up together facing southbound near 79th and Vincennes. #8361 However has disappeared from the SS fence.

You listed 8360 twice,  did you meant 8359?

8 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

#8360 and #8363 have been delivered to SS. #8350 is also back along the SS fence sitting adjacent to #8350,#8354 and a recently towed #7927. They're all lined up together facing southbound near 79th and Vincennes. #8361 However has disappeared from the SS fence.

7927 possibly broke down on the 79 like 2 days ago and glad to see more LFSes at SS

9 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

#8360 and #8363 have been delivered to SS. #8350 is also back along the SS fence sitting adjacent to #8350,#8354 and a recently towed #7927. They're all lined up together facing southbound near 79th and Vincennes. #8361 However has disappeared from the SS fence.

Wow this marks five buses total 95 more to go for the base order, I’ll try and get some pics today afternoon or tomorrow morning.