8350-series Nova LFS - Updates

WCR

9 hours ago, RJL6000 said:

For that matter, all of the 600-series Proterra buses use Hanover Monochrome displays as well.

I wonder why CTA is not consistent. Someone was saying that CTA was using programs to convert the signs from Horizon to other formats.

In my view, TwinVision (now apparently gone or submerged within Luminator) and Hanover are preferable, because they have bold lower case fonts.

2 hours ago, Busjack said:

I wonder why CTA is not consistent. Someone was saying that CTA was using programs to convert the signs from Horizon to other formats.

In my view, TwinVision (now apparently gone or submerged within Luminator) and Hanover are preferable, because they have bold lower case fonts.

See the thing is they could adjust the fonts if they wanted to because they are bit too bold in my opinion. The speed at which the signs changes is a bit slow as well compared to the older signs that we have currently. 

37 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

See the thing is they could adjust the fonts if they wanted to because they are bit too bold in my opinion. The speed at which the signs changes is a bit slow as well compared to the older signs that we have currently. 

That is why I prefer the older signs, one is that they are pretty neat and easier to read in my opinion, secondly I am so used to them versus the signs the newer buses have today, the #8350’s will look good with the original signage in my opinion I can also picture them on how #7955 looked before. When the #8325’s first came in the signs change slowly in most cases, here is a video of #8346 notice how quick the signs change, I also seen this unit recently last week and the signs are back changing slow.

3 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

2 hours ago, Bus1883 said:

That is why I prefer the older signs, one is that they are pretty neat and easier to read in my opinion, secondly I am so used to them versus the signs the newer buses have today, the #8350’s will look good with the original signage in my opinion I can also picture them on how #7955 looked before. When the #8325’s first came in the signs change slowly in most cases, here is a video of #8346 notice how quick the signs change, I also seen this unit recently last week and the signs are back changing slow.

There seems to be two issues here. First the sign departs from the CTA usual roue first reading, destination second. Second, the  changeability of the font depends if it is in firmware in the controller or software.

3 hours ago, NovaHater said:

They’ve been getting there fair boxes and clever devices installed this week. 

Well the oldest non pilot bus has been delivered for a month now. It's time to go into service soon. Didnt really see that many 600s either. (4 or 5) That's a positive sign. Saw one downtown earlier was it doing a 157 midday??

52 minutes ago, Bus1883 said:

Still no signs of any #8350’s arriving. Why is Nova so hesitant?

Could be many reasons.   Nova could have a shortage of workers and,/or hikers due to the effects of the pandemic.  Nova could also have a backlog trying to fill orders.  CTA could have asked for deferred shipment or delivery of buses for whatever reason. 

6 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Could be many reasons.   Nova could have a shortage of workers and,/or hikers due to the effects of the pandemic.  Nova could also have a backlog trying to fill orders.  CTA could have asked for deferred shipment or delivery of buses for whatever reason. 

I am thinking the cause behind this could be pandemic related.

On 5/2/2022 at 8:20 PM, YoungBusLover said:

Add #8359,#8375,#8380 and three other novas to the list of being delivered.

So far #8350, #8351, #8352, #8353, #8354, #8356, #8359, #8360, #8361, #8362, #8363, #8364, #8366, #8368, #8369, #8371, #8374, #8375 and #8380, This makes 18 total now.

Edited by Bus1883

1 hour ago, Bus1883 said:

My guess is that I know 103rd is looking at the first group of them already.

since you brought up 103rd ima add to that………7900-01 are at 103rd for a hot min now and 7903-7906 and 7908 are at K 7902 chilling at C that could mean 77th could give up 7907 7909-7999 to one of those garages or split them up between 103rd and K to make room for 77th to receive their 8350’s since they always get the new things first but i could be wrong

1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

since you brought up 103rd ima add to that………7900-01 are at 103rd for a hot min now and 7903-7906 and 7908 are at K 7902 chilling at C that could mean 77th could give up 7907 7909-7999 to one of those garages or split them up between 103rd and K to make room for 77th to receive their 8350’s since they always get the new things first but i could be wrong

I could be even more wrong that 77th would either give up the #1000’s they have but they will most definitely keep them until their retirement process. I mostly believe that the plan is to send around 50 or so #1000’s they have to FG in exchange of the first 50 #8350’s. 

3 hours ago, Bus1883 said:

I could be even more wrong that 77th would either give up the #1000’s they have but they will most definitely keep them until their retirement process. I mostly believe that the plan is to send around 50 or so #1000’s they have to FG in exchange of the first 50 #8350’s. 

1200-1250? maybe……or it could just be 1200-1300