8350-series Nova LFS - Updates

WCR

57 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Actually FG should have them first since they had the 6400s. It's only 100 buses.  However I predict that it will be a  50/50 split between FG and 103rd. 

yea i have a feeling half will go to 103rd and then 103rd give up more of their flyers so this is what im thinking 

103rd 8343-8407 (included 8343-8349 from FG) 

FG: 8408-8458 and 1051-1101

or 103rd gets all 100 #8350’s and sends 1051-1151 to FG

4 minutes ago, Bus1883 said:

I don’t think North Park wants any #8350s any right now, I rather have FG to finally get something new instead of getting older buses from other garages, most likely it makes sense to send the first 100 new buses to FG to swap out the #6400s instead of older equipment from other garages to handle when we split up the #8325s between 103rd and FG it as what happened when we received them.

Well I’m ok with losing flyers but novas gotta stay I need them novas the 2016s

1 minute ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

yea i have a feeling half will go to 103rd and then 103rd give up more of their flyers so this is what im thinking 

103rd 8350-8400

FG: 8401-8451 and 1051-1101

or 103rd gets all 100 and sends 1051-1151 to FG

Actually you probably meant #8350-8399, #8400-8449. I actually think FG will get #8350-8399 & 103rd will get #8400-8449 if FG actually gets the first half.

Just now, Bus1883 said:

Actually you probably meant #8350-8399, #8400-8449. I actually think FG will get #8350-8399 & 103rd will get #8400-8449 if FG actually gets the first half.

If we do now I want all 100 of them because I think we had flyers for enough now I’d rather have more novas since I always get excited riding the novas

4 minutes ago, Bus1883 said:

yea but ik for sure that swap will include flyers from 103rd cuz remember FG had like 70 something #6400’s so if FG DOES get 50 #8350’s then 103rd will be forced to give up 20 something flyers you seen what happen when we got the rest of the 8325’s 18 of em went to 103rd and 103rd gave up 18 flyers on top of that FG does have a few flyers from 103rd (1079 1122 1135 1161) so this should give hints 

1 minute ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

If we do now I want all 100 of them because I think we had flyers for enough now I’d rather have more novas since I always get excited riding the novas

Well most likely it’ll be a 50/50 split between 103rd and FG I doubt all 100 will go to FG.

2 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

yea but ik for sure that swap will include flyers from 103rd cuz remember FG had like 70 something #6400’s so if FG DOES get 50 #8350’s then 103rd will be forced to give up 20 something flyers you seen what happen when we got the rest of the 8325’s 18 of em went to 103rd and 103rd gave up 18 flyers 

Yeah if they don’t do a 50/50 split then all 100 should go to FG then most likely they will give up the same amount of their #1000’s, it makes sense to send the entire base order to FG to easily completely cover the 72 or 73 #6400’s they’ve had before #6860’s fire. 

16 minutes ago, Bus1883 said:

Yeah if they don’t do a 50/50 split then all 100 should go to FG then most likely they will give up the same amount of their #1000’s, it makes sense to send the entire base order to FG to easily completely cover the 72 or 73 #6400’s they’ve had before #6860’s fire. 

i think this is gonna be a split between the 2 50 to 103rd and 50 to FG +20 flyers from 103rd

1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

no #6400’s are active as of 06:30am

I guess this means CTA may be preparing them for their final retirement, if they are taking deliveries of the new buses I can’t really confirm on that.

6 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

If no #6400s are active tomorrow then I think we can all assume there's a delivery looming and moves will be taking place. I'll throw a wild card in there by saying don't count out Kedzie to get a piece of the action. 

Yeah my wild ride guess is that they may probably be preparing them for their final retirement, and the ones that have been OOS and we’re sent to other garages since March could soon be moved down to SS in deliveries of the #8350s.

4 hours ago, Bus1883 said:

I guess this means CTA may be preparing them for their final retirement, if they are taking deliveries of the new buses I can’t really confirm on that.

Yeah my wild ride guess is that they may probably be preparing them for their final retirement, and the ones that have been OOS and we’re sent to other garages since March could soon be moved down to SS in deliveries of the #8350s.

With the moves that just took place between Kedzie and 77th overnight, and no #6400s or #600s being active I can assume that as well. The #6400s are done and the #600s are about to enter service soon which will then shift any excess buses from Chicago and 74th over to maybe 103rd or K. 

5 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

With the moves that just took place between Kedzie and 77th overnight, and no #6400s or #600s being active I can assume that as well. The #6400s are done and the #600s are about to enter service soon which will then shift any excess buses from Chicago and 74th over to maybe 103rd or K. 

What moves is that? The #600s going to chicago and 74th take them out of the running for #8350's for now. There appear to be a few more weeks before SS may get some activity. Even then it could take 3 weeks longer for any new nova buses to enter service. 103rd and 77th and kedzie are all strong candidates but I see 103rd or 77th getting the new novas. 103rd could just send the 1100s to fg and fg could figure out whats good and whats not and start the retirements. 

Dont know why the 600s remain at ss. I think they dont want them out in the cold because their performance is not so good in the single digits. What will happen next year. Maybe they could hold in 11 buses for a few days. 

Was reading a school bus article that states in new york the new governor wants to pass an ordinance that the state can only buy electric buses starting in 2027 with full implementation by 2035. So if that is really the case they may be on their last orders of diesels there. Its unknown if that applies to all buses but monkey see monkey do, its probably coming here soon. 

27 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

What moves is that? The #600s going to chicago and 74th take them out of the running for #8350's for now. There appear to be a few more weeks before SS may get some activity. Even then it could take 3 weeks longer for any new nova buses to enter service. 103rd and 77th and kedzie are all strong candidates but I see 103rd or 77th getting the new novas. 103rd could just send the 1100s to fg and fg could figure out whats good and whats not and start the retirements. 

Dont know why the 600s remain at ss. I think they dont want them out in the cold because their performance is not so good in the single digits. What will happen next year. Maybe they could hold in 11 buses for a few days. 

The moves between 77th and Kedzie last night swapping #1200s for #4000s is a precursor to more moves and deliveries taking place in the next few weeks. I bring up the #600s because Chicago and 74th will have to give up at least 10-12 buses a piece to accommodate them for storage so that would lead me to believe Kedzie/103rd or FG would get whatever gets removed from those two garages. I think Kedzie could receive some #8000/#8100s from either garage seeing how they've gotten more friendly with getting a Nova fleet growing over there but if not maybe some #1400s/#1800s. Now for whatever reason the #600s have been left all over the place at SS. Some are sitting in the bays while others are in the shops and then there's a group sitting outside along the south fence wall near Vincennes. The #8350s split we're assuming may happen would shift at least maybe 15-20 #1000s in total from both garages into retirement along with the remaining #6400s. 

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah I was thinking about the #6400's going through their final retirement too soon on the other hand as they approach day 3 OOS, i'll say a few weeks from now we may see the front and side fences of South shops severely turning into a crowd of #8350's when Nova starts sending them over from the factory in a few weeks from now. I rode past SS a few weekends ago and I seen a group of fresh blue wrapped #600's on the front fence waiting for their registered license plates or something else.

27 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Was reading a school bus article that states in new york the new governor wants to pass an ordinance that the state can only buy electric buses starting in 2027 with full implementation by 2035. So if that is really the case they may be on their last orders of diesels there. Its unknown if that applies to all buses but monkey see monkey do, its probably coming here soon. 

I'd hope not. 

5 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Sheesh, I hope this doesn't come to fruition

I gather the problems getting runs on the street are getting worse by the day. Why run ancient ones more prone to road failures when you are short several hundred runs out? More than enough newer types to cover the need. If this wave passes and we get nearer to actual schedule again, a few 6400s might be needed again. 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, BusHunter said:

This electric craze is already full blown out west. There will be a period of dealing with bugs of all sorts, just like when hybrids first came out, but in the end it will work out. Remember, public transit makes decisions on a political basis, not a fiscal one. And Green is the political watchword now.

Just now, andrethebusman said:

This electric craze is already full blown out west. There will be a period of dealing with bugs of all sorts, just like when hybrids first came out, but in the end it will work out. Remember, public transit makes decisions on a political basis, not a fiscal one. And Green is the political watchword now.

One thing to remember - about a decade ago the railroads got all enamored with multi-engine locomotives as the latest Green Thing. California bought several hundred for UP and BNSF. On their 10th birthday, to the day, when the contract to use them expired, almost all went bye bye, a testament to an evolutionary dead end.

1 hour ago, andrethebusman said:

They can start by replacing them every 10 years instead of 15 or 20 at the cta. The vehicles just dont seem to be viable after that length of time. In cali also it doesnt get 5 degrees or minus 10. Cta parked the 600s for a week during our arctic surge, thats ok for 6 buses but what happens when its all buses. Cta has a snow day??? Gas may high now and we feel like we are getting gouged, but couldnt the same thing happen with electricity? They will soon have the most wanted commodity on the planet. That opens the field for corruption. 

Some food for thought. Cali actually had a news brief last summer where they stated the electric grid was at capacity, not to charge your electric car for that day. It might be funny now but without electricity you now no longer have a vehicle!! Lol!!

1 minute ago, BusHunter said:

They can start by replacing them every 10 years instead of 15 or 20 at the cta. The vehicles just dont seem to be viable after that length of time. In cali also it doesnt get 5 degrees or minus 10. Cta parked the 600s for a week during our arctic surge, thats ok for 6 buses but what happens when its all buses. Cta has a snow day??? Gas may high now and we feel like we are getting gouged, but couldnt the same thing happen with electricity? They will soon have the most wanted commodity on the planet. That opens the field for corruption. 

Some food for thought. Cali actually had a news brief last summer where they stated the electric grid was at capacity, not to charge your electric car for that day. It might be funny now but without electricity you now no longer have a vehicle!! Lol!!

Snow loans would be nice (something the mta does)

4 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

I will laugh at cta when they go to all eletric BS on them days its gone be a dooms day fr no buses out to run bro the public will send rockets at cta when that happens

• 1 month later...