8350-series Nova LFS - Updates

WCR

57 minutes ago, Javi75 said:

I was thinking the majority are at C because of it being the other garage than K having the most downtown routes. K is covered with 7900s, how much pull does a mayor have in bus garage assignments? From the sounds of it Brandon Johnson doesn’t really think anything of CTA. It’s not a political priority for him. 

Oh trust me he doesn't care about us at all in regards to CTA. I can't wait until his term as mayor is up. I don't know who's worse out of Emanuel, Lightfoot and J Daley.

3 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Oh trust me he doesn't care about us at all in regards to CTA. I can't wait until his term as mayor is up. I don't know who's worse out of Emanuel, Lightfoot and J Daley.

Lightfoot and Johnson easily the worst. Im gonna keep my mouth shut on whether it can get any worse or not cause Johnson proved it can 😮‍💨

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Emmanuel was the last mayor to get two or more terms.  He knew he wasn't going to get a third term so he didn't bother running.   Lightfoot only hot one term and it seems like Johnson is also going to be a one term mayor.  We will see how the new mayor feels about CTA.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Emmanuel was the last mayor to get two or more terms.  He knew he wasn't going to get a third term so he didn't bother running.   Lightfoot only hot one term and it seems like Johnson is also going to be a one term mayor.  We will see how the new mayor feels about CTA.

If it's Maria Hadden, I still don't think NP will instantly get 8350s and the 208 XE60s.

I agree with those saying that Johnson isn't directing the distribution of buses. His basic concerns are with regard to his CTU constituency and that punks wouldn't shoot up the place if they had a recreation center..And sticking a fork into @artthouwill's FG theory, at the moment, the only Novas on CTA Bus Tracker on 91 are 8239 and 8473; the other 6 are NFs. On 85, the Novas are 8232 and 8247, with 5 NFs. Austin is peripheral to FG, as opposed to Belmont, Irving Park, and Lawrence. By this logic, Daniel Biss is more influential, because 8250s run on 206, but we know he has nothing to do with that.

• Upvote 1

On 7/2/2024 at 8:12 AM, Jackson232 said:

#8706 has entered service out of FG.

And already Chicago has its hands on it. It's on the 65 Grand today. Perhaps it's a loan though. We shall see.

• Like 1

Just when I thought other garages would be getting the 8700s, FG is getting more of them. Perhaps the 1600s it got from K have been petering out more than anyone had thought? Or perhaps it’s a sign of other things to come? (Hint: Since July 1, 8246 went from FG to 77th.)

It looks to me that the Authority is assigning more new Novas to Forest Glen so it can retire all its New Flyer buses numbered higher than 1630. Which by my counting, is about 40 buses [1630-1669?]
Then, the other new Novas are going to Chicago garage so it can retire its 1630+ New Flyer vehicles and replace them with buses with the new fareboxes.
(I shopped the Food4Less @ North & Cicero the other day. My NB #54 new Nova bus did not have a garage sticker, but it had the new farebox which I dare utter is more of a sign where is the bus headquartered than a sticker.)

Rahm only got the second term because he sat on the Laquan McDonald police execution video until after the 2015 election. "Chuwy" Garcia should have won the runoff election against him if it had gotten out (and would have).
Really people, do you actually believe Paul Vallas would have done any better as far as transit goes? His support was from the lily-white NW & SW side wards. Those sections of the city are close to swearing-off transit service. _He entertained the "Proud Boys" neo-fascist far-right electorate._ His first transit board appointee might have even come from it!
Getting rid of Dorval Carter somehow became a pet project for Block Club Chicago. Granted, the Chicago Tribune has had it in for numerous public officials throughout its life. This was Block Club Chicago's first foray at ousting an appointed public figure. Why did it ultimately fizzle out? _Who was|is going to replace him under the current circumstances?_ Would ANYBODY with a respectable transit background and not currently serving another transit board be interested in running the C.T.A.?
It is time to get real here. Too many of you have "dream" ideas of how to run a major metropolitan transit system. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO WORK.

On 7/3/2024 at 6:24 PM, RJL6000 said:

Just when I thought other garages would be getting the 8700s, FG is getting more of them. Perhaps the 1600s it got from K have been petering out more than anyone had thought? Or perhaps it’s a sign of other things to come? (Hint: Since July 1, 8246 went from FG to 77th.)

Has any of the 8350's from FG transferred to 103rd? I thought I saw a 836x going SB on Stony Island yesterday. Just asking?