X4 Cottage Grove Express

Tcmetro

On 8/15/2022 at 8:33 AM, YoungBusLover said:

So as far as X4's being interlined with locals the general idea here is, one run will pull-out as an X4 and do one trip or one and a half then pull-in or get relieved for the first half then either they'll pull-out as a local or an express for the 2nd half. The local service is really beefed up so it'll be interesting to see how things play out next week.

4 Local Example.png

X4 Example 2.png

X4 Example.png

4 Local Example2.png

4 Local Example3.png

Just perfect. Thanks for sharing this, and it makes sense (especially if you have a split)??

2 hours ago, NovaHater said:

There’s info posted and the CTA reroutes page. 

2 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

cta’s website under upcoming changes 

10-4 But I would prefer if it's on the main page and showcased the same way the return of the X9/X49 was promoted. You can't just bring a route back on the first day of school of a new run pick without some sort of promotion ahead of time. 

9.jpg

_3_King_Drive_-_Route_Change__Eff_Aug_21,_2022.png

X4_Cottage_Grove_Exp_Eff_Aug_22,_2022.png

• Upvote 1

On 8/18/2022 at 2:56 AM, YoungBusLover said:

10-4 But I would prefer if it's on the main page and showcased the same way the return of the X9/X49 was promoted. You can't just bring a route back on the first day of school of a new run pick without some sort of promotion ahead of time. 

9.jpg

Ahhh, RIP to the King Drive routing.

Also, the scaling on that map, sheesh

On 8/17/2022 at 11:56 PM, YoungBusLover said:

9.jpg

I think it was indeed supposed to mean Michigan-98th-Wabash/99th-State, though turn at Michigan/99th os not that bad as street is quite wide.

1 hour ago, andrethebusman said:

3 route is 95-Michigan-99-State-95, and is a permanent change. X4 was supposed to be Cottage-93-Woodlawn-95-Cottage, sit on Cottage north of 95, but union objected. However, routing to CSU is "temporary" as CSU wants buses off their property by November. (CSU has evicted CTA before...) 

Rumor that seems to be gaining traction is by November the 95th Red line will be the new terminal for the 4/X4.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

3 route is 95-Michigan-99-State-95, and is a permanent change. X4 was supposed to be Cottage-93-Woodlawn-95-Cottage, sit on Cottage north of 95, but union objected. However, routing to CSU is "temporary" as CSU wants buses off their property by November. (CSU has evicted CTA before...) 

So like now the buses turn around using side streets like how the 91 does 

From what I could see of the first day in the PM, there were a bit of kinks to work out. One NB bus had a blank sign with an "A1 ME" error message in the run box. The next NB bus was a ghost bus, in this instance in service but not tracking on the Tracker. The next one behind that had its sign displaying  "X4 COTTAGE GROVE" flip "X4 EXPRESS" flip "X4 to 94TH". All actual SB buses though displayed "X4 COTTAGE GROVE EXPRESS" flip "X4 to 95TH".  From what I read above, the second day also had its kinks. I have not had much opportunity to observe very much in the later part of the week. Has anyone noticed or seen much evidence that the initial bumps are improving?

55 minutes ago, jajuan said:

From what I could see of the first day in the PM, there were a bit of kinks to work out. One NB bus had a blank sign with an "A1 ME" error message in the run box. The next NB bus was a ghost bus, in this instance in service but not tracking on the Tracker. The next one behind that had its sign displaying  "X4 COTTAGE GROVE" flip "X4 EXPRESS" flip "X4 to 94TH". All actual SB buses though displayed "X4 COTTAGE GROVE EXPRESS" flip "X4 to 95TH".  From what I read above, the second day also had its kinks. I have not had much opportunity to observe very much in the later part of the week. Has anyone noticed or seen much evidence that the initial bumps are improving?

I worked the first day and the signs didn't work on some buses at all including mine, I had to go a bit old school and manually change the luminator to the old X4 signage to make it throughout the day without any hiccups. What surprised me was during my final trip SB during the PM rush a employee from 567 asked me about the issues with the signs at Cermak and I pretty much told him that the system needs an update. He pretty much was taking notes from all operators about that particular issue. Luckily after a day or so the signs began to work properly.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

I worked the first day and the signs didn't work on some buses at all including mine, I had to go a bit old school and manually change the luminator to the old X4 signage to make it throughout the day without any hiccups. What surprised me was during my final trip SB during the PM rush a employee from 567 asked me about the issues with the signs at Cermak and I pretty much told him that the system needs an update. He pretty much was taking notes from all operators about that particular issue. Luckily after a day or so the signs began to work properly.

Okay. I know that first day, half the buses had blank signs or said 77th Garage.  And among the buses that did have destination displays showing, the SB buses showed X4 to 95th while for sune odd reason the NB ones were showing X4 to 94th. 

1 hour ago, jajuan said:

Okay. I know that first day, half the buses had blank signs or said 77th Garage.  And among the buses that did have destination displays showing, the SB buses showed X4 to 95th while for sune odd reason the NB ones were showing X4 to 94th. 

I noticed that as well but everything sounds like it's back in order now.

14 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

BRB, gonna throw a bottle of steak sauce at the bus ?

That's a good one I must admit. ???