X4 Cottage Grove Express

Tcmetro

12 minutes ago, Policeman said:

i saw 4026 go down south water and btw the construction is done so idk why they cant use it

Maybe what @Mr.NewFlyer1051 said about CTA possibly knowing that construction was done is accurate. I know I also remember seeing buses from the 4, X4 and 124 still using their respective detour routings instead of coming down South Water even though construction has been completed on South Water as far as we all can see.

14 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Only trips to 95th, 115th trips aren't effected. 

Okay.  The notice said" All trips will go to 95th/Dtate. .."   It made no mention of 115th trips not being affected.  Then again,  it didn't say the 115th trips were eliminated.  What I'm saying is that the notice is poorly worded.  I would have said

^ Effective Sunday November 6th, all trips that terminated at 95th and St Lawrence will now terminate at 95th and State via 95th, Michigan, 99th, and State.  Trips to 115th and Cottage Grove are not affected.   X4 trips will begin and end at 95th and State Effective  Monday November 7th "

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

Okay.  The notice said" All trips will go to 95th/Dtate. .."   It made no mention of 115th trips not being affected.  Then again,  it didn't say the 115th trips were eliminated.  What I'm saying is that the notice is poorly worded.  I would have said

^ Effective Sunday November 6th, all trips that terminated at 95th and St Lawrence will now terminate at 95th and State via 95th, Michigan, 99th, and State.  Trips to 115th and Cottage Grove are not affected.   X4 trips will begin and end at 95th and State Effective  Monday November 7th "

The street sign pictured here shows 115th.

On 10/30/2022 at 10:25 AM, artthouwill said:

Sunday morning at 2 a.m., time gods back one hour as we enter into Standard Time.  Fall back.

4 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

They have the #X4 going down Michigan to 99th which I find very interesting. The amount of the space the #3,#4 and #X4 will have to share along State between 96th-95th will be a nutshell in itself.

20221106_102534.jpg

I noticed on the sheet 58th is now a stop and not 59th for the X4. And then on google maps as well as the bus tracker, so that’s something new along with the extension to 95th Red Line. They must’ve heard community concerns and suggestions.

A52DEF56-D5C7-4537-9C69-810923E861E4.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nova's at 103rd said:

I noticed on the sheet 58th is now a stop and not 59th for the X4. And then on google maps as well as the bus tracker, so that’s something new along with the extension to 95th Red Line. They must’ve heard community concerns and suggestions.

I’m sure people from the hospital complained because I breezed passed 58th every trip…..

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Nova's at 103rd said:

I'm sure @strictures led the charge.  Maybe Dorval Carter has a burner account on the forum?

5 hours ago, Nova's at 103rd said:

That would've been the right thing to do in the 1st place. Workers and patients shouldn't have to walk a whole block north from 59th to 58th and then walk to the corresponding buildings on top of that. CTA is so reactive to things that are just common sense. Glad they finally did it before winter hit.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, NovaHater said:

I’m sure people from the hospital complained because I breezed passed 58th every trip…..

Finally, some common sense from the CTA.

Now if they would just reroute the 55 Garfield to 57th & Cottage by going just one extra block south as the bus goes through Washington Park, it would also make it easier for people to get to the UChicago Hospitals & clinics.  Because of the curve of Morgan & Rainey Drives through the park, the bus goes as far south as 56th St., so an extra block wouldn't hurt the timing of the runs & then just use Cottage Grove for a quarter mile to get back to 55th St.