X4 Cottage Grove Express

Tcmetro

19 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

all they need to fix is the damn ghost buses on X4 if they expect better buses

True. There were a number of buses that were actually in service but weren't even showing up on the tracker, leaving the impression that there were bigger service gaps on X4 than actually observed. No one's going to want to ride it in addition to or instead of the local if they don't know it's there or actually coming. As is, there's already the issue systemwide of possibly waiting longer than usual for service on a bus or rail route because of operators out due to COVID or because of the overall labor shortage that's keeping organizations and companies from bringing in new hires fast enough.

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I don't know if this solves the safety concerns expressed by CTA drivers that clearly have a preference for 95th and State. 

This does absolutely nothing for safety. They continue to not listen to operators creating problems that they will have to address sooner or later. i.e. 71st relief point. 

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I’m surprised they just aren’t sending all 4 trips to 115th. However, I’m glad the drivers will be transitioning to 95th Red soon

115th is no better than CSU to be quite honest with you. There is only one bathroom out there and it's a portable one at that. Hardly anyone is going to 115th after a certain time of day and to finish it all off every other bus is going there already.

3 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

115th is no better than CSU to be quite honest with you. There is only one bathroom out there and it's a portable one at that. Hardly anyone is going to 115th after a certain time of day and to finish it all off every other bus is going there already.

So basically it's more of a facilities issue?  So what if CTA byts the Burnside property that @Busjackreferenced and builds a secured bathroom facility on the expanded terminal premises?  Would that be acceptable?  Let's add plenty of lighting too. 

It's unfortunate CTA ,CSU,  and Metra didn't think of a xmcinsolidated intermodal station at ME's announcing plans to rebuild the CSU 95tg station.  CTA could have moved their turnaround next to the Metra station with facilities there 

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

So basically it's more of a facilities issue?  So what if CTA byts the Burnside property that @Busjackreferenced and builds a secured bathroom facility on the expanded terminal premises?  Would that be acceptable?  Let's add plenty of lighting too. 

It's unfortunate CTA ,CSU,  and Metra didn't think of a xmcinsolidated intermodal station at ME's announcing plans to rebuild the CSU 95tg station.  CTA could have moved their turnaround next to the Metra station with facilities there 

The 95th Red Line terminal just gives us an overall sense of security and shelter from the elements that CSU/71st/79th and 115th hasn't been able to provide. Unless CTA decides to build a mini kiosk type building at 94th where there is a bathroom and small waiting room adjacent were better off going to the 95th street terminal. Even though it's such a small area of real estate at Burnside it wouldn't make much sense to waste money on it if a majority of us don't want to go there. The relief point at 71st also plays a big role in this as well.

3 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

The 95th Red Line terminal just gives us an overall sense of security and shelter from the elements that CSU/71st/79th and 115th hasn't been able to provide. Unless CTA decides to build a mini kiosk type building at 94th where there is a bathroom and small waiting room adjacent were better off going to the 95th street terminal. Even though it's such a small area of real estate at Burnside it wouldn't make much sense to waste money on it if a majority of us don't want to go there. The relief point at 71st also plays a big role in this as well.

What's the chances of the relief being switched to 95th, since the 29 & Red Line are so close to the garage? I guess I should also ask if 95th would be a better relief point that 71st/Cottage?

13 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

What's the chances of the relief being switched to 95th, since the 29 & Red Line are so close to the garage? I guess I should also ask if 95th would be a better relief point that 71st/Cottage?

In theory I would think so, but considering the crime that has plagued the Red Line.especially at 79th,  u didn't know.   Thoughts @YoungBusLover?

2 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

The chances are high for the relief point to get moved to 95th but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up because it hasn't been confirmed to be true just yet. Having the #4 run like the #8 where the relief is at the end of the route rather than the bottom half would improve service. Everyone can pull in or pull out a bus or take the 29/Red Line to 95th to make a relief.  Plus it goes back to my previous point about being safe and sheltered from the elements.

2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

In theory I would think so, but considering the crime that has plagued the Red Line.especially at 79th,  u didn't know.   Thoughts @YoungBusLover?

Yeah crime has changed up a few ways we get to the relief point on Cottage but some of us still take the 79 over to cottage to make the relief at 71st. If it were switched to 95th and the Red Line the 29 is the next best option even with how un reliable it can be sometimes sitting next to the Red Line. 

51 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

The chances are high for the relief point to get moved to 95th but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up because it hasn't been confirmed to be true just yet. Having the #4 run like the #8 where the relief is at the end of the route rather than the bottom half would improve service. Everyone can pull in or pull out a bus or take the 29/Red Line to 95th to make a relief.  Plus it goes back to my previous point about being safe and sheltered from the elements.

Yeah crime has changed up a few ways we get to the relief point on Cottage but some of us still take the 79 over to cottage to make the relief at 71st. If it were switched to 95th and the Red Line the 29 is the next best option even with how un reliable it can be sometimes sitting next to the Red Line. 

Would the 3 also be moving to 95th as a relief point or will it remain at 79th and King Drive?

21 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

Loop was always leased from ComEd. I guess finally buying.

I don't think that's it. The agenda says the purchase is from the Cook County Land Bank Authority, which is tax defaulted property.

Redfin has it as a vacant property with an old ranch house on it. Definitely not Comm Ed property. Com Ed owns 9449 S. Cottage according to county records.

12 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

This says CTA is planning on enlarging the terminal. 9439 is additional area to original at 9449, which is ComEd.

The ordinance says "for projects." That's undoubtedly what the 95th one is. The Kinzie one is near West Shops but not that close (maybe near the old Lake L yard)

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Nova's at 103rd said:

E43305F8-04AC-4F19-996D-BB893E24C076.thumb.jpeg.8556423b55f8c74f94ca8a211219c3fc.jpegThey’ve been adding new signs since Monday. And I noticed they’re keeping the Wacker routing even though South Water has reopened. I haven’t seen if the X4 signs have changed yet.

Not to be off topic or anything, but i rode the 124 this past monday and it still went down lower Columbus to Randolph instead of South Water.

On 10/27/2022 at 6:49 PM, Nova's at 103rd said:

E43305F8-04AC-4F19-996D-BB893E24C076.thumb.jpeg.8556423b55f8c74f94ca8a211219c3fc.jpegThey’ve been adding new signs since Monday. And I noticed they’re keeping the Wacker routing even though South Water has reopened. I haven’t seen if the X4 signs have changed yet.

On 10/28/2022 at 4:27 AM, cta5658 said:

Not to be off topic or anything, but i rode the 124 this past monday and it still went down lower Columbus to Randolph instead of South Water.

Something further must still be going on near Illinois Center for buses to still be avoiding South Water.

1 hour ago, jajuan said:

Something further must still be going on near Illinois Center for buses to still be avoiding South Water.

as far as i’ve seen yesterday construction is done there i did see a CFD truck go down from columbus to michigan via south water unless CTA doesn’t know construction is done? that’s just my guess