6400-series Nova LFS - Updates & Retirements

sw4400

29 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

They need to get the tracker fixed on that bus. Making me feel old school having to chase it and guess where it's at.

Ye and I need to get that bus there's 7 NP novas I need to get and I don't wanna skip out on 6846 just because of the broken tracker. Makes me wonder if 6854 is also active at North Park and 6770 is active at FG.

12 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Dam 6712 had been looked like it was done with & WB2 is 6783

I remember when they started to retire more of the #6400s in early 2015. #6402 & #6404 and #6632 were converted into work buses they had the white “NOT IN SERVICE” lettering where the signs were and I miss those I believe #6632 is scrapped because it is no where to be found if it’s labeled as a work bus on the retirement list. At least Olive Harvey College still has them, soon enough I have a feeling that #6539 and #6728 will die off from Fresh Moves like the Flxibles did when they bought three of them from CTA but those died around 2014 I think. #6129 is the only one in the boneyard dead. The other two Flxibles might still be at 106th forgot the other street along with a couple of school buses from one of the posts and pictures what I saw about them before I decided to join here.

On 9/3/2021 at 8:14 AM, andrethebusman said:

WB-1 (4th) dead at Forest Glen 8/31 verified as 6712. WB-2 seen live at Belmont Flyover last week. Has WB-2 current identity been verified?

Welp that leaves us down to #6783 as the only WB, on the #6400s retirement list I did see #6632 labeled as a WB as well, it’s probably already scrapped I haven’t heard from since then.

1 hour ago, NovaBusFan said:

I remember when they started to retire more of the #6400s in early 2015. #6402 & #6404 and #6632 were converted into work buses they had the white “NOT IN SERVICE” lettering where the signs were and I miss those I believe #6632 is scrapped because it is no where to be found if it’s labeled as a work bus on the retirement list. At least Olive Harvey College still has them, soon enough I have a feeling that #6539 and #6728 will die off from Fresh Moves like the Flxibles did when they bought three of them from CTA but those died around 2014 I think. #6129 is the only one in the boneyard dead. The other two Flxibles might still be at 106th forgot the other street along with a couple of school buses from one of the posts and pictures what I saw about them before I decided to join here.

Oh aint know 6129 was the fresh move bus yea I seen that sitting not far from 804 if they keep up on maintance 6539 &6728 a live on & aint know 6632 was scrapped why scrap work bus if its still working I know 6402 & 04 still at collage last time I seen they was still there 

10 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Oh aint know 6129 was the fresh move bus yea I seen that sitting not far from 804 if they keep up on maintance 6539 &6728 a live on & aint know 6632 was scrapped why scrap work bus if its still working I know 6402 & 04 still at collage last time I seen they was still there 

Yeah it’s been a minute from the Novas that were sold

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Now im wondering why all the novas are back in the garage off of maths at like 5:20 pm, when back then they started leaving maths at like 5:40pm

A lot of these runs are just round trips in some cases. Plus with the new pick a lot the novas are used for trippers anyways so they're mainly used for school runs or just regular trippers during the rush. A 20 minute difference isn't that big of a deal though.