6400-series Nova LFS - Updates & Retirements

sw4400

1 minute ago, artthouwill said:

Not necessarily.   That bus could have been our due to maintenance issues.  Some buses may have needed repairs while Some other buses were due for scheduled maintenence.   Those could have caused a shortage during the morning rush requiring use of some spares, 6875 bring one.

Oh you probably right.    It's a rush hour run on 90 then just found out it goes on 84.   Didn't know that much buses were out for maintenance either.

On 6/9/2021 at 7:38 AM, BusHunter said:

Ridership too is still down, so theres really no need for them but they make nice cooling buses. That's why they have the reduced passes. Downtown is still hurting, so I guess theres no need to move any artics just yet. Probably for the fall pick I see things going more back to normal cause most schools will be full in person. It remains to be seen if downtown will return but it will most likely take time. How long is anyone's guess!!

Yeah downtown is still hurting people wise. There are a few grumbles still of why 147 still sees as many standard size buses as it does (odd complaint to me looking at how the route is back to being heavily artic run compared to last year), but they fact that 40 footers on the route still rarely sees a large number of standees with the easing of passenger limits on the buses along with peak direction traffic on Lake Shore Drive still being pretty light during weekday rush periods speaks to how few people going into downtown outside of those who are down there shopping or there as out of town tourists. 

3 hours ago, jajuan said:

Yeah downtown is still hurting people wise. There are a few grumbles still of why 147 still sees as many standard size buses as it does (odd complaint to me looking at how the route is back to being heavily artic run compared to last year), but they fact that 40 footers on the route still rarely sees a large number of standees with the easing of passenger limits on the buses along with peak direction traffic on Lake Shore Drive still being pretty light during weekday rush periods speaks to how few people going into downtown outside of those who are down there shopping or there as out of town tourists. 

Ditto on wacker  and lasalle. Not as many catering runs in the 10:30am-noon rush for me on the doordash side

24 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Ditto on wacker  and lasalle. Not as many catering runs in the 10:30am-noon rush for me on the doordash side

Oh yeah, I can believe it. I take the 136 sometimes as an alternative to 147 on my home commute, and each time the passenger count rarely went past a number you could count on one hand. Only a few times since the pandemic started in full force, have I seen the count hit 10 to 15 passengers, and each time it was mainly because the bus was delayed or one on a trip following one that went unfilled that day. That was true of the route even after CTA boosted the reduced passenger with the rise in vaccinations before finally lifting the reduced limits altogether yesterday in conjunction with Chicago fully reopening along with the rest of the state. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Couldnt help but notice a few artics are now running on the #156. They were on fridays PM rush. I havent seen artics there since the pandemic. 

Yeah they've slowly returned over the past few weeks, I've also noticed more on the 143 as well for the PM rush as well. 

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Saw #6849 on the exit ramp on the edens at Peterson. It had instruction bus on the destination. Wonder if that's a fg bus again?

If it was exiting east on Peterson.  Probably NP.  I can't picture seeing it go west on Caldwell.   If the bus was NB on the Edens. Then most likely it came from the Kennedy.   The better round to FG would be the Kennedy to Central,  North on Central and east on Bryn Mawr.  

On 7/20/2021 at 9:05 AM, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Does anyone know why they aren’t using 6770 (though it’s a 67 and not a 68) for service anymore? Or is it secretly in service as a ghost bus?

Probably a ghost bus idk, I recently seen the upper 6800s on the tracker since they’ve returned.

7 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

True I rode 6875 and 6877 after they returend they were on the tracker maybe you right it's a ghost bus for now but hopefully they'll the tracker if it's broken

Oh ok, and I forgot to post 6865 from the last two nights on the 84 as of 9:44 PM while the rest were at the garages.