6400-series Nova LFS - Updates & Retirements

sw4400

28 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Getting prepped for service or scrap are my only two assumptions. 

That was the only 6400 I could spot over there by south shops. #8327 was over there and I believe #8332. I guess new buses break down too. We have a 19 bus by us that just dies with several idiot light errors. Wont restart. Went to the mechanics went back out to only have it happen again. Seems to be running good now. At least it was dying close to the yard. 

Was going to ask the forum members, is there any idea why Archer/Neva terminal has jersey barriers in the middle of the turnaround and segregates the Pace bus from CTA? The CTA bus seems to come out on Neva now. 

4 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Was going to ask the forum members, is there any idea why Archer/Neva terminal has jersey barriers in the middle of the turnaround and segregates the Pace bus from CTA? The CTA bus seems to come out on Neva now. 

That's exactly why they did it.  To separate the Pace and CTA buses.  So they don't fight over spots

7 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Maybe 330 has some long layovers and the 62 gotta go!!

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

More reason the 330 should actually just run to Midway imo, but that's a separate discussion

Well 330’s a long route and in my opinion it shouldn’t get extended but if it is, it’s  gonna be weird seeing the XD40’s at daylight at midway ?

1 minute ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Well 330’s a long route and in my opinion it shouldn’t get extended but if it is, it’s  gonna be weird seeing the XD40’s at daylight at midway ?

Speaking of that I was coming down 67th last night and turned at cicero nb to see a west Axess bus. Cant seem to figure out why it was there??? It dont do #390 and #392 dont go by midway. 

1 hour ago, mikeymc77 said:

Trying to figure out what any of the previous comments have to do with retiring 5400 Novas???? Enlighten me as I am in Arizona

It's Friday buddy lets keep the positive vibes going. Almost every forum thread goes a little off topic from time to time but it eventually gets back on track at some point. ?????

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2021 at 12:41 PM, YoungBusLover said:

Well with it being nearly a month since the fire and them being pulled OOS I don't see them coming back. The CTA can live without them along with FG. Now if things were pre-pandemic they would of been gone by last year or at least down to a smaller margin. 

[color=#8b0000] Are you seated? I'm sitting here at Ravinia Brwg. on W. Diversey Ave, [b][i]and an old Nova bus (#6877) just rolled by in service![/i][/b] ?? It appears three old Novas are operating on Forest Glen routes now.  [/color]

17 minutes ago, pudgym29 said:

[color=#8b0000] Are you seated? I'm sitting here at Ravinia Brwg. on W. Diversey Ave, [b][i]and an old Nova bus (#6877) just rolled by in service![/i][/b] ?? It appears three old Novas are operating on Forest Glen routes now.  [/color]

6861 and 6869 returned at FG as well 

2 hours ago, pudgym29 said:

Well that answers my question as to where they've been going, that's a shocker. 

So after making a trip to FG today, these are the buses currently active for the PM rush runs.
#6755,#6861,#6865,#6869,#6877, and #6882. I counted two more that were in the active lot of other buses but couldn't get there numbers so in total there is eight all together. As far as the ones at Kedzie are concerned there fate has yet to be determined.

Non-Active in the 3rd lot

#6687,#6706,#6770,#6871 and two more un-readable numbers. 

3 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

So after making a trip to FG today, these are the buses currently active for the PM rush runs.
#6755,#6861,#6865,#6869,#6877, and #6882. I counted two more that were in the active lot of other buses but couldn't get there numbers so in total there is eight all together. As far as the ones at Kedzie are concerned there fate has yet to be determined.

Non-Active in the 3rd lot

#6687,#6706,#6770,#6871 and two more un-readable numbers. 

I'mma say those would be 6875 and 6868 in the third yard but i don't know honestly.