6400-series Nova LFS - Updates & Retirements

sw4400

6 hours ago, BusOps said:

Rumor has it that CTA is pulling all the remaining 6400s off the street tonight and putting them out of service. They’re moving buses to Forest Glen from other garages to cover the lost. 

Looks like they made the move earlier this morning with NP,74th and 103rd because there are no #6400's active this morning.

On 3/1/2021 at 7:15 PM, Shannoncvpi said:

Yes 6860 is done with it aint coming back to service she racked up all of the miles that shes going to run they not going to replace that entire dash  wheel seat wall & whatever wiring thats burnt up

Screenshot_20210301-191401.png

I wouldnt doubt the union had a hand in the sidelining/retirement of the 6400s. That is one cooked seat and it's getting close to their clientele!!

3 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

yea this is going to retirement (possible)

I wouldn't say that but seeing where they're parked gives me the impression that they'll get inspected, they're sitting adjacent to one of the shop buildings rather than sitting deep inside the boneyard.

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I wouldn't say that but seeing where they're parked gives me the impression that they'll get inspected, they're sitting adjacent to one of the shop buildings rather than sitting deep inside the boneyard.

What about the ones at third yard at FG are those being inspected too?