6400-series Nova LFS - Updates & Retirements

sw4400

16 minutes ago, busfan2847 said:

Last one ran on 15th Jan 2009 (5652 from Chicago)

Knew it was at least a year in between. I think 103rd was the last to have them and then when flyers hit 103rd it was a wrap and 103rd had basically a new fleet till the goof up at 74th bought #6000 flxibles back till their retirement. 

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Naw 3 was the last to have then they reactived 10 I believe in the summer of 10 due to them having a fleet shortage 

I heard something about some flxibles moving there but i think that was a different reason cause they never hit the road. They just sat in that little corner on a just in case thing. Everything going into the red line shared the same run and interlined more heavily back then I definitely would’ve seen one either there or over by the lake. artic sightings on the other hand got reaaaaaaal interesting for a brief time since 103rd took all of 77ths  ?

1 hour ago, Sam92 said:

I heard something about some flxibles moving there but i think that was a different reason cause they never hit the road. They just sat in that little corner on a just in case thing. Everything going into the red line shared the same run and interlined more heavily back then I definitely would’ve seen one either there or over by the lake. artic sightings on the other hand got reaaaaaaal interesting for a brief time since 103rd took all of 77ths  ?

Aw see I wasnt keeping up with buses back then like that & wasnt on the southside then so I'm not too sure

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

No old novas are running this morning…I wonder why

4 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

0 6400’s out this morning…….interesting 

2 hours ago, busfan2847 said:

Probably due to driver shortage. CTA weekday service changes e-mail had this item:-

"A note about bus service: Some bus service may be running with delays: The availability of staff is being impacted by COVID-19. We are running as much service as possible; please allow for longer-than-usual wait times."

2 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Dam I am surprised wasnt none out they are more reliable then the newer buses

Noticed the #600s didn't run as well either, may be due to the early morning cold temperatures along with manpower, we'll see this afternoon though if some will run.

21 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

the #600’s visit south shops quicker then 103rd’s #4000’s

The thing is the fleet hasn't really be active since being delivered to SS last year. Only 600-605 have been active and they've been around since late 2019 going into 2020. The rest were delivered and have sat dormant around the Shops getting moved every now and then. 

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

That explains why almost the entire fleet has been sitting dormant at SS for a few months now. 

Yea they been junk since cta took them the the company was always coming out to C to do something to the software why you think they only run 1 or 2 of them out of like 7 of them they dont wanna have all of them breakdown out there or have you noticed when you see one of the 600's its a new flyer or novas not too far behind it & it stays behind it just in case it breaks 

20 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

The thing is the fleet hasn't really be active since being delivered to SS last year. Only 600-605 have been active and they've been around since late 2019 going into 2020. The rest were delivered and have sat dormant around the Shops getting moved every now and then. 

They need to sit there cause they are junk like how the 700's are thats why they rarely be out the one we had at K they kept it at 7 for that reason 

22 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

yea we need to see how 606-622 will operate 

any word on #8350? or they still testing it cuz ik we should expect more delivery’s soon #8351+